hard1

Josh Adams 2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

My only question to myself is this: should I start Adams in my lineup for his national coming out party this week on  Sunday Night Football, or wait a week to see how things shake out?

One of the basic and time tested principles of fantasy football is to always give your stash at least a week to prove himself before you insert him into your lineup. This situation would fit into that thinking 100%....

...however.....

Sometimes things develop and a stash may be more than a stash. This may sound crazy but with

1. Sproles being hurt

2. Clement seemingly being phased out

3. Coaching staff showing support for Adams in every possible way

4. Led the team in carries and rushing yds before the bye

5. Eagles offense could be prolific which means goal line/scoring opportunities

I say go for it. I just might do the same depending on the status of Carson. Hell, I may take the gamble anyways.

I think he has 100+ total yards/1 TD potential in this offense this week.

• Like 2

This smells like late season heat. 

The Eagles offense is top 5 explosive. 

4.6% ownership in ESPN leagues,

Translation: 

Only 4.6% of leagues on ESPN are worth a damn. 

:ph34r:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Let’s not Quan this one

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm probably going to have to run him out there. It's between him or Phillip Dorsett. This is the week that is killing me with byes and injuries. 

49 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Let’s not Quan this one

Same folks from the Ronald Jones and Quan hype train in here driving this one.

• Haha 3

If Tarik Cohen or Lindsay falter, this is plan B. 

Should work, after all, Philly threw snowballs at Santa Claus. 

• Haha 2

Just now, devaster said:

Same folks from the Ronald Jones and Quan hype train in here driving this one.

Heat moves. 

Ronald Jones has always been trash. 

Quan still fire long haul. 

This is a Doug Pederson run offense, are people forgetting this?  Nasty RBBC.  Once again.  Nasty RBBC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

This smells like late season heat. 

The Eagles offense is top 5 explosive. 

4.6% ownership in ESPN leagues,

Translation: 

Only 4.6% of leagues on ESPN are worth a damn. 

:ph34r:

21% on CBS and I expect it to keep going ^^^

Maybe I missed it here and read it on Twitter, but Coach Doug was talking up Adams...I think it's happening, Clement has been sick all week and simply not good, Sproles done for a while, Smallwood not a threat even against light boxes.

I'm smelling somewhat of a breakout game for Adams in this one. Nothing too spectacular, but enough to separate him from the scrubs.

I really want to fit him on my Roster, I like the fact that he is on a good team with a good offense.  If he can get 15 carries and 1-2 receptions a game he is RB2 or flex worthy. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

I really want to fit him on my Roster, I like the fact that he is on a good team with a good offense.  If he can get 15 carries and 1-2 receptions a game he is RB2 or flex worthy. 

Man if a RB can get a couple TD's and some yards i'd play him in my flex.  I think in fantasy if you get a lot of points you can win your week.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nosh0t said:

Man if a RB can get a couple TD's and some yards i'd play him in my flex.  I think in fantasy if you get a lot of points you can win your week.  

I didn't know Booger had an account on these boards!

^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, whatthef said:

If he can fill the Ajyai role (low end RB2) then that would be golden 

Golden indeed. As in golden domer baby!

I am starting to feel this one in my bones.

Now, my bones have not always been correct.  But there's a rumbling.

• Like 2

There's upside here.  Remarkably this guy is still available in many leagues.  Get on this train now before it leaves the station and you're left looking at the caboose.

It took me a while but I finally purchased a seat on the bandwagon. I'm not expecting much this week frankly- one of the few things DAL actually does well is Run D. 

He has the prototype NFL RB size which sets him completely apart from his competition in the backfield, and he plays for a competent offense. The back I dropped for Adams had neither going for him. 

This is an "upside" play not a "safe" play. It's just that using a roster space on Adams is more justified imo than backs who have proven their mediocrity at every opportunity. Particularly at this point of the season.

I think he's more in demand in a re-draft than a Dynasty at least for now. Adams wasn't even drafted so even assuming PHI decides to jettison all these little backs who are constantly injured it won't particularly be to the favor of Adams. He could even be on the roster bubble next year - unless of course he becomes a difference maker down the stretch..

So - he has a lot to gain if they give him the chance + size + skills = good upside pickup.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1

Why is everyone sleeping on this guy. :ph34r:

He plays in one of the best offenses in the league. 

ESPN ownership is 4.9% 

If only 4.9% of leagues on ESPN feel this guy is worthy of a roster spot, that means 95% of leagues on ESPN are trash. 

Even If he flames out or doesn't pan, at this point in the story, he's worth a spot on the bench unless desperate and ya gotta roll him out there against Dallas. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I just think it's bad timing. His matchup sucks this week, which is a bye-week. You have to do something you didn't plan on doing to add him right now. 

If he has anywhere near a productive game tomorrow night though he will be owned universally by end of waivers.

Edited by SuperJoint

40 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I just think it's bad timing. His matchup sucks this week, which is a bye-week. You have to do something you didn't plan on doing to add him right now. 

If he has anywhere near a productive game tomorrow night though he will be owned universally by end of waivers.

Smart people pick up future breakout players before they break out. If he goes 14/85/1 tomorrow he’s going to go for 25%+ of some dudes budget. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

He plays in one of the best offenses in the league. 

ESPN ownership is 4.9% 

If only 4.9% of leagues on ESPN feel this guy is worthy of a roster spot, that means 95% of leagues on ESPN are trash. 

Even If he flames out or doesn't pan, at this point in the story, he's worth a spot on the bench unless desperate and ya gotta roll him out there against Dallas. 

I have no idea. He's owned in just 22% of CBS Leagues. A lot of good coach speak this week and Clement was limited most of the week due to illness. The Cowboys wont have their best defenseman, Sean Lee either.

On 11/8/2018 at 11:31 PM, BMcP said:

Let’s not Quan this one

New rotoworld catchphrase acquired 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3