hard1

Josh Adams 2018 Outlook

17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

That would indeed be unexciting.

Instead, how would you like the primary running back on a desperate team, running behind a top-3 offensive line?

but will he get targets?  You need passes or a monster run game  or td scores or a combination of all from  a rb in a  rbbc to put up points in ppr

I hope he gets a serious opportunity to showcase his talents today. lets pray hes the man instead of a buster.

33 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

I got a feeling that Adams is gonna breakout today. 

Yep, same feeling. It's a shame I started Ito over him...smh

5 minutes ago, OKCFan2005 said:

Ugh. Bad call. Ito shouldn't even be rostered. 

35 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Ugh. Bad call. Ito shouldn't even be rostered. 

14 teamer...  sony and McCoy on byes. I agree though was a bad call

1 hour ago, OKCFan2005 said:

Nooooooooo

Very impressive against a strong run defense.  Even more encouraging is that he caught both of his targets.  Looking like a good start for next week 

Edited by y2jbones

3 minutes ago, Power-O said:

just curious is he ok....wasnt in for the 3rd and 3

They are down huge and Pederson is um cute???

3 minutes ago, Power-O said:

just curious is he ok....wasnt in for the 3rd and 3

Ankle was being taped. I think he tweaked it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

Very impressive against a strong run defense.  Even more encouraging is that he caught both of his targets.  Looking like a good start for next week 

Yeah in college he was not know to contribute much in the passing game but before the season started there were reports out of Philly that Adams made some drastic improvements and was catching quite well.

Regardless of what I think of the player, when he's the only thing working on your team there is no reason to not give him more opportunities.

Like I said before, the biggest concern isn't Adams.  He's a solid player who looks better than the other RBs.  The problems are that the Eagles offense just isn't clicking this season and that they have a tough RB schedule down the stretch.

Adams will be useful in fantasy, but he won't be a "league winner".  Maybe Week 15 vs the Rams he could put up big points to help you advance to the title game?

• Like 1

He should be startable the next two weeks against the NYG and WAS without Alex Smith.  Neither QB should put up a huge lead against the Eagles so the running game should be allowed to work a bit.

• Like 3

I think he's gonna be a monster down the stretch. With the way that they were throwing to him, had they actually been in the game and had he not missed the 2nd quarter with the ankle tweak he would have put up big numbers today. They won't get blown out like that vs other teams. He's looking like a high end rb2 with rb1 upside going forward. 

1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

I think he's gonna be a monster down the stretch. With the way that they were throwing to him, had they actually been in the game and had he not missed the 2nd quarter with the ankle tweak he would have put up big numbers today. They won't get blown out like that vs other teams. He's looking like a high end rb2 with rb1 upside going forward. 

He's a risk/reward Flex that needs a TD to reward. 

• Like 2

It definitely doesn't hurt that he was literally their only bright spot today.

Today was a good argument to use Adams to keep the ball out of Wentz's hands and just grind out games as bad as he looks. NO run D has been stout but their pass D has been exploited by many QBs. Wentz threw like he had a blindfold on today - horrific performance in every respect.

This team is 4-6 and a long shot at best to even appear in the playoffs - Adams offers a new approach, which I'm not sure why they wouldn't try it at 4-6.

• Thanks 1

I'm now convinced that Doug Pederson isn't actually a good coach and that Frank Reich (who is now the Colts HC) is an offensive coaching savant.

Adams looked great running and catching. Rest of the offense looked like complete a**.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1