hard1

Josh Adams 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

Josh Adams was the only bright spot for me this week. Plugging him in at flex next week seems like a no brainer. 

Its gonna be a great match up too. Look at what Barber did against the Giants this week, even during the first half when Fitzpatrick was duding like crazy.

Eagles desperate for a win?  Adams the lone bright spot?  Carson Wentz scuffling?  Giants on the docket, shredded by Breida and previously dormant Barber their last two games?  Yes.  Please.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, munde53 said:

I liked the usage in regard to the other Eagles backs but he'll need to get more than 10 touches to be an RB2 let alone an RB1. 

He had 6 targets too !

Everyone in this thread is ignoring the fact he went to get re-taped end 1st half and had an entire 10 yards for the rest of the game.

I realize game script and all that - but he was actually injured. That is getting overlooked

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Im calling it right here. Adams is a top 10 back ROS. I've this type of ascension before. I'm a believer. 

Curious, what makes you say that? 

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

Everyone in this thread is ignoring the fact he went to get re-taped end 1st half and had an entire 10 yards for the rest of the game.

I realize game script and all that - but he was actually injured. That is getting overlooked

Josh Adams is injured? He isn't on the injury report? 

2 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Josh Adams is injured? He isn't on the injury report? 

He was on the trainer's table the run after his TD run. Maybe it's nothing, and it entirely could be because of "gamescript" (the new hot word in fantasy circles). But after he "returned" - he totaled roughly 10 yards.

Edited by SuperJoint

2 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Curious, what makes you say that? 

Just the way he gashes defenses every week plus the ridiculous volume that he received in the passing game. And also the desperation of the organization to get a win. I think they're gonna lean on him. 

• Like 1

Just now, SuperJoint said:

He was on the trainer's table the run after his TD run. Maybe it's nothing, and it entirely could be because of "gamescript" (the new hot word in fantasy circles). But after he "returned" - he totaled roughly 10 yards.

I think he's fine. He's the best back they have going forward and Eagles are desperate for wins in what is now a wide open NFC East. 

Super glad to have stashed before the game against DAL

How do you guys think he will produce in week 13 against a stout WAS def? Are they good against the run?

3 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Super glad to have stashed before the game against DAL

How do you guys think he will produce in week 13 against a stout WAS def? Are they good against the run?

Last three games (running backs)

HOU: 4.7 ypc

BUCS: 4.7 ypc

ATL: 6.43 ypc

Before these three games, they were stout against the run limiting Zeke, Kamara, Ingram, Barkley and McCaffrey the previous four games to 2.89 ypc (Saints game was a blow-out)

Washington has struggled with pass defense which looks like it could be affecting their ability to stop the run. Maybe @SkinsChargersFan could provide further insight.

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Last three games (running backs)

HOU: 4.7 ypc

BUCS: 4.7 ypc

ATL: 6.43 ypc

Before these three games, they were stout against the run limiting Zeke, Kamara, Ingram, Barkley and McCaffrey the previous four games to 2.89 ypc (Saints game was a blow-out)

Washington has struggled with pass defense which looks like it could be affecting their ability to stop the run. Maybe @SkinsChargersFan could provide further insight.

Thanks for this. With Wentz struggling this season thus far, I guess it may not be a good time to fire up Adams...

9 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Thanks for this. With Wentz struggling this season thus far, I guess it may not be a good time to fire up Adams...

Wentz had thrown 14 TDs to 2 INTs over his previous six games entering that Saints game.

The ‘Skins run D has been scuffling - entering the HOU game, they’d been allowing the seventh-most fantasy points per RB touch. I wouldn’t be deterred from starting him vs. WAS.  (And I say this as a fan.)

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

Isn't anyone concerned with this guy's lack of usage? He only had 7 carries in each of the last 2 games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Isn't anyone concerned with this guy's lack of usage? He only had 7 carries in each of the last 2 games.

Not at all.

He was the clear “lead back” this past week if you watched the game.

It’s hard to get touches when you’re the primary runner and your team is getting blown out on the road. Pederson himself said at halftime they got too one dimensional on offense, but they had to in order to keep up with the Saints. The saints are also the top run stopping unit and the carries Adams got against them he looked awesome (outside of his first run which went nowhere thanks to the line collapsing).

The Dallas game I discredit. I feel like that game was the first time they really started to use Adams as a primary part of the rotation. This week, he was out there on the first series, he was thrown to, and he looked great running.

He’s trending way up for me. Im starting him again this week over guys like Tevin Coleman and Kenyan Drake. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I feel if the Saints game was closer he would've received around 15 carries. He is clearly the Eagles #1 back and is even being used in the passing game. Could be a nice fill in for Hunt and Gurley owners this week

10 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Not at all.

He was the clear “lead back” this past week if you watched the game.

It’s hard to get touches when you’re the primary runner and your team is getting blown out on the road. Pederson himself said at halftime they got too one dimensional on offense, but they had to in order to keep up with the Saints. The saints are also the top run stopping unit and the carries Adams got against them he looked awesome (outside of his first run which went nowhere thanks to the line collapsing).

The Dallas game I discredit. I feel like that game was the first time they really started to use Adams as a primary part of the rotation. This week, he was out there on the first series, he was thrown to, and he looked great running.

He’s trending way up for me. Im starting him again this week over guys like Tevin Coleman and Kenyan Drake. 

Thanks for the insight. I haven't watched any Philly games. Its seems like Adams and Gus Edwards are the top 2 RB adds this week. I assume you think Adams is #1?

I really like Gus as he seems to have taken over the lead back in BAL and with the way they're running the ball with Lamar Jackson, I think he's going to get fed. And he's in a plus matchup with the OAK. But then again I'm worried that it could be a one hit wonder and they'll go back to Collins. Having said that, Philly always seems to roll with the RBBC.

• Like 1

Just now, Pooskay said:

He looks good, but PHI looks bad.

This. I really wouldn't want to own anyone in the backfield on this team. 

14 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

He looks good, but PHI looks bad.

Against NYG this week and given the amount of teams on bye,  I think Adams will be the Flex or even RB2 for a very large amount of teams. 

Edited by jumper
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jumper said:

Against NYG this week and given the amount of teams on bye,  I think Adams will be the Flex or even RB2 for a very large amount of teams. 

Only the Chiefs and Rams on bye, lol.

I might be flexing him this week. Igles need a win bad and he was pretty much the lone bright spot for them last week.