hard1

Josh Adams 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

I might be flexing him this week. Igles need a win bad and he was pretty much the lone bright spot for them last week. 

Probably not a bad flex this week. Giants run D stinks. Peyton frickin' Barber just put up a big game against them.

• Like 1

addams-family-twentieth-century-fox-pic7

New name for all the Adams fans.

Edited by pikerbkb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Only the Chiefs and Rams on bye, lol.

Those two teams have as many fantasy relevant players on them as some other NFL divisions put together. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jumper said:

Those two teams have as many fantasy relevant players on them as some other NFL divisions put together. 

Between the both of these teams, #1 FF player at each of these positions...

QB

RB

WR

TE

Incredible

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Between the both of these teams, #1 FF player at each of these positions...

QB

RB

WR

TE

Incredible

Yep. In PPR Mahomes and Goff currently at QB1 and QB2. Gurley and Hunt in top 6, Kelce at TE1. Hill, Woods and Cooks all in the top 10 at WR. Pretty crazy.

9 minutes ago, metalmat said:

Yep. In PPR Mahomes and Goff currently at QB1 and QB2. Gurley and Hunt in top 6, Kelce at TE1. Hill, Woods and Cooks all in the top 10 at WR. Pretty crazy.

Plus for kickers you have Greg the Leg and Harrison Butker (K-2 for 2018).  And Rams are a top 4 DST.  The two teams by themselves could field you an entirely fantasy football championship quality team without a single player from the other 30 teams in the NFL.  Top players from LAR and KC versus an all-pro team from the rest of the NFL would honestly be a pretty even contest. 

QB:  Mahomes

RB:  Gurley, Hunt

WR: Tyreek Hill, Woods, Cooks

TE:  Kelce
K:    Zuerlein

DST:  LAR

versus: 

QB:   Brees

RB:   Kamara, Barkley

WR:  Theilen, Thomas, Adams

TE:   Ertz
K:     Lutz

DST:  CHI

• Like 1

Cool, Rams and Chiefs are on bye. Can we get back to Josh Adams now? 

Adams' snap count has increased by a wide margin for 4 weeks straight. Against NO, who was dominating all game, Adams had a 55% snap count. In a game where you'd expect their pass catching back (probably Clement at this point) to take over, it's telling that Adams stayed in and ultimately got them their sole TD. I think Adams will be very serviceable as an RB2/Flex down the stretch even in PPR leagues. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Doesn't his schedule suck after NYG? Flex play this week and bench thereafter unless the Eagles explode on offense

I have to say right now I might have been wrong about this guy. Short term he might be a little nicked up, but he's got great speed for a big guy and has a knack for making plays. The kicker was him being given a big role on passing downs. Now it's all about him developing as a 3 tool player and overcoming the RBBC. His ceiling is still somewhat low given that the offense is struggling, but he could be one of those rare guys that everyone in the NFL missed on. 

if PHI can make a late-season run at the playoffs, then Adams will have huge value.

seems like it'll start with the running game.

vowed  to not even touch this backfield but now i have no choice.  all aboard the Adams Express

5 minutes ago, Jin said:

Do you guys like Adams more than Gus?

Adams is the #1 back here. Gus is a wildcard but has an easy schedule. To answer your question who knows.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jin said:

If I had to choose, I would pick Adams because he looks like he can catch too and that Eagles offense should have more scoring opportunities. On the other hand, Gus has to share pass catching duties with Buck and TyMont and might even get vultured by Jackson at the goal line.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

If I had to choose, I would pick Adams because he looks like he can catch too and that Eagles offense should have more scoring opportunities. On the other hand, Gus has to share pass catching duties with Buck and TyMont and might even get vultured by Jackson at the goal line.

or Collins on GL.  Then Dixon may come back and they may do rock paper scissors for who plays a snap.

• Like 1

This guy hits the hole hard and is the only thing on the Philly roster who could be a three-down type of back. 

Forget James Monroe, Josh "Quincy" Adams brings me the Era of Good Feelings.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Jin said:

the floor goes to Adams but the ceiling is clearly in favor of Gus.  it is a 1a to 1b debate for me.  just depends on what your team need is.  if you need a spot start for this week and don't need to swing for the fences then Adams in your man.  if you are looking for a guy who could potentially carry you to a championship then Gus is your man

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Panthor said:

the floor goes to Adams but the ceiling is clearly in favor of Gus.  it is a 1a to 1b debate for me.  just depends on what your team need is.  if you need a spot start for this week and don't need to swing for the fences then Adams in your man.  if you are looking for a guy who could potentially carry you to a championship then Gus is your man

I agree with this. I think Adams is more likely to end up with more fantasy points ROS than Gus. But there’s a ~5% chance that Gus is an RB1 ROS. I don’t believe there’s that kind of opportunity for Adams (but what do I know...).

I was initially leaning towards Adams. But I have strong RB starters as well as depth, so I decided to swing for the fences with Gus. 

But if you want a guy to start this week, or you want the safer option to put up fairly consistent production ROS, I think it’s Adams. 

Edited by ff062018

4 hours ago, Panthor said:

Why would gus carry you to a championship and adams wouldn't? Analysis doesn't add up whatsoever. Gus has lamar, collins, ty, buck and possibly dixon in the future to battle with. Lamar is the starting RB on that team in all reality. Adams is emerging as the guy. No way would I feel comfortable starting gus this week. He's simply a wait and watch. Adams can start at flex easily this week.

1 hour ago, ff062018 said:

I agree with this. I think Adams is more likely to end up with more fantasy points ROS than Gus. But there’s a ~5% chance that Gus is an RB1 ROS. I don’t believe there’s that kind of opportunity for Adams (but what do I know...).

I was initially leaning towards Adams. But I have strong RB starters as well as depth, so I decided to swing for the fences with Gus. 

But if you want a guy to start this week, or you want the safer option to put up fairly consistent production ROS, I think it’s Adams. 

The receptions are what really get me excited about Adams. I initially thought that the best we could hope for was 15 carries a game and Smallwood catching all of the passes. But Wentz threw to Adams 6 frigging times. And he didn't even play that many snaps. That's saquan Barkley/Todd Gurley target level. Hope they keep it up. 

3 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

The receptions are what really get me excited about Adams. I initially thought that the best we could hope for was 15 carries a game and Smallwood catching all of the passes. But Wentz threw to Adams 6 frigging times. And he didn't even play that many snaps. That's saquan Barkley/Todd Gurley target level. Hope they keep it up. 

Sproles is due back at some point, no?

12 hours ago, Power-O said:

He aggravated tjat hamstring after being out 10 weeks...doubt he is playing 

Source? 

Is he worth staring in your flex? I think he offers a safe floor. Philly offense should have a much better showing at home vs the Giants.