hard1

Josh Adams 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Why do you keep bringing the best running backs in the NFL up in your posts? Adams isn't anywhere close to Bell, Peterson, Kamara, or Johnson. He isn't in the same world as those guys talent wise. Adams wasn't some 1st or 2nd round talent that went undrafted because of a knee injury. And speaking of knee injury, when exactly did this injury happen because I can't find any information other than he tore his ACL in high school.

He's fine to add if you have a spot, I've never said otherwise, but just stop acting like he's Bell, Peterson, Kamara, or Johnson. If you honestly believe he's anything like those guys then I guess trying to have any kind of debate is useless. Adams will play his role in Philly and has the potential to see around 10 carries per game and in every fifth game or so he might make it into the endzone. Adams is a role player, nothing more. If you play him you're just crossing your fingers he gets into the endzone otherwise he'll get you 4 points. 

He's in an end of the bench stash for me, with some upside if he were to take over the Jay Ajayi role.  That would be more than a 1 in every 5 game TD.  We will see though,  Its a 16T league, so it's definitely warranted. I'm not getting too hyped though, as there's always a chance Clement resurfaces, SmallWood will get his, and Sproiles gets healthy and in the mix.   

• Like 1

Just now, RonnieRonaldo said:

He's in an end of the bench stash for me, with some upside if he were to take over the Jay Ajayi role.  That would be more than a 1 in every 5 game TD.  We will see though,  Its a 16T league, so it's definitely warranted. I'm not getting too hyped though, as there's always a chance Clement resurfaces, SmallWood will get his, and Sproiles gets healthy and in the mix.   

Even if he gets a similar workload to Ajayi, which wasn't impressive to begin with (11.25 carries per game),  I still don't see it because I'm 99% sure that Adams isn't the same player Ajayi is (too small of a workload to say 100%). Ajayi reached 70 yards only once and never saw more than 15 carries in a game. Ajayi averaged 46 yards per game which if that sounds familiar that's because it's similar to LeGarrette Blount's 47.9 yards per game. I don't think Adams is close to the same player Ajayi is and I don't think he's as good as Blount either. So I think expecting more than 45 or so yards per game is extremely wishful thinking. 

• Like 2

Who knows if he’s good or not? Maybe he stinks? Maybe he’s average and in a comittee and that makes him useless. 

What I do know is that every year some rb comes seemingly out of nowhere to make a fantasy impact. 

Hell, no one thought Tim Hightower was good and he won leagues.  

Again, low risk and high reward. If he fails, so be it. Rather him on the bench then I’d dont know....Chris Ivory. 

• Like 1

Why is there so much debate about a waiver wire running back in week 9? Unless there’s a significant injury with a clear, quality backup behind him what else is out there at this point besides speculative plays?

I think his combine profile sums it up. Dude needs a relatively long time to get up to full speed and thusly needs solid run blocking to be truly effective. Once he gets up to speed he’s actually pretty dangerous on tape and he was clocked somewhere running 22+ MPH but it takes a minute to get to that point. Idk how great phillys run blocking has been, but if it’s been good I say he has at least a shot to be just as effective if not more so than the other 2 backs

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Why is there so much debate about a waiver wire running back in week 9? Unless there’s a significant injury with a clear, quality backup behind him what else is out there at this point besides speculative plays?

There are a lot of us who were just trying to have a conversation about Adams as a speculative add, but we've been instructed that we should save our typing for only guys who will be bellcows who are guaranteed 75 touches a game.

• Like 5

Cause nay sayers gonna nay and yay sayers gonna say... gets heated... Munde also likes to tell everyone what they are getting for Christmas and it's not a championship cause it's been decided long ago before fantasy football that Josh Adams is not a bell cow nor does he have their traits... it was written therefore true

52 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Some of us temper expectations on the out of control hype. Others are making valid argument to pick him up as an end of the bench flyer. I don't see a reason to not pick him up in deeper leagues. But expecting anything more than 3-4 points a week is high unlikely. Adams isn't a great talent and he doesn't have a great opportunity in Philly's 3-headed backfield.

• Like 1

Adams needs to be rostered and he might turn out to be very useful, but my biggest concern is the schedule.

DAL

NO

NYG

WAS

DAL

LAR

HOU

Only the Giants and Rams are a favorable matchup.  The rest range between tough and brutal.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Marty Funkhouser said:

I think you've answered your own question. If the only thing left is speculative plays, then we're going to discuss speculative plays.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

Anyone stashing him before FA locks tonight? Available on Yahoo for free right now

Already did had a easy match this week so I didn't use kickers and a defense stashed Josh Adams McGuire and Duke Johnson who I actually played 

Not very interested beyond 14-team+ standard leagues. Not only does Pederson have a long history of favoring RBBCs but Sproles is due back leaving 4 guys with different but useful  skillsets.

Edited by the Ghost of Joe Webb

37 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

Anyone stashing him before FA locks tonight? Available on Yahoo for free right now

Thought about it but stashed Wendell instead, this backfield is a mess to guess, I just need to get 1 right for a bye week

Sproles is a known pass catching back...but he can't stay on the field 

44 minutes ago, herschel said:

Who has more value in PPR, Adams or Sproles?

We'll have to wait and see. Based on everything that I'm reading, Adams should have a defined role. Could even be the lead back. I like upside. We already know who Sproles is. If that's what you need then go for it. If you are looking for the bigger boom option, I'll go with Adams.

• Like 1

Needed depth at running back on my squad and grabbed this kid today. 

Went to ND, shows toughness in the hole, decent burst. and he went 9/61 against JAX. 

Sproles is burnt, Smallwood seems to be the passing back, so that leaves this kid vs Clement who has not taken advantage avg only 3.2 a tote. 

This kid will get more looks and If he seizes the lion's share of work in that offense, watch out! 

Lottery ticket for now, but this scratcher feels lucky! 

• Like 2

I'm not going near this dude. 

Even if you ignore Smallwood/Sproles/Clement, you have to believe that Adams is much better and even if he is much better you have a head coach that has shown little desire to give a feature back  a large chunk of the snaps/touches on a consistent basis. 

And to be honest, i don't see Adams as the type of RB that will run away with this job. He isn't like Phillip Lindsey who looks electric with the ball. He just looks marginally better than the other guys. 

12 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Went to ND, shows toughness in the hole, decent burst. and he went 9/61 against JAX. 

Sproles is burnt, Smallwood seems to be the passing back, so that leaves this kid vs Clement who has not taken advantage avg only 3.2 a tote. 

This kid will get more looks and If he seizes the lion's share of work in that offense, watch out! 

Definite grab 'n' stash in dynasty/keeper format. Drop and move on if he fails :shrug:

Agree on Sproles, Smallwood isn't a premier talent (we've seen what he is), so at the moment, that leaves only underwhelming Clement :shrug:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Adams deserves it... Not sure Philly will get around their timeshare madness. Adams looked too good at ND and his limited time given to not get more playing time. 

another Ito Smith imo

if he gets a TD boom double digit points, if not he is probably sitting between 3-6 points

• Like 1