Sign in to follow this  
Loadedbrewer

Ertz or Engram keeper (auction Values) - WHIR

I need to pick my last keeper in an auction league.  I have it down to Ertz for $17  or Engram for $9 in a $200 auction league.  There is no limit on how many years you can keep a player, but their cost goes up each year (10-40% depending on the player).

It is a standard scoring league (no PPR) with old school lineup (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K & D).

Other team's keepers vary wildly, but in the past the top end TE's go for $30-$45.

Definitely Ertz.

Engram won't see much (if any) improvement with the top receivers healthy.

Plus Barkley is sure to command more attention and TDs than the running game had last yr.  

I'll take Ertz. He is a much better TE and focal point of a strong offense. It remains to be seen what Giants are but Engram projects to be the 3rd of 4th option behind Barkley, OBJ and possible Shepard so his upside is limited and his volatility will be significant. Additionally, the long term QB situation for Giant's is questionable so I'm not even sure looking at things from a longer view helps (also his competition is all young). TEs due to their size typically age fairly well so Ertz could be good for awhile. 

Ertz, take it with a grain of salt - I'm a philly homer but Wentz is locked into Ertz and he's relatively durable.  Better player on a better offense.  

Ertz with the better QB Eli is around 40 years old and this will be his last year. 

Ertz auction value right now is 17$ Engram is 9$. Do you have any other options?  I dont find either too attractive.  You can probably get a sevicable te for 2 dollars.  

If you have to take 1

I would take engram at the discount.

I am not too worried about obj return.  Engram was heavily covered last year as he was the nber 1 target.  With a better running game. I expect hus catch rate will increase to offset his loss targets. He could easily increase his td output.