Sternes

Giovani Bernard 2018 Outlook

On 9/26/2018 at 3:05 AM, krest509 said:

Fire up Gio 

milk day this , no need to rush Joe Back

give him another Week or Two.

the offense still runs throw AJ green 

so it ain’t like mixon is the x Factor for that offense .. 

i own both Mix and Benard

Is this supposed to be a haiku?  Also, using spell or grammar check may help.  I literally have no idea what you're trying to say here.  :lol:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Bowman said:

I'll second that if Mixon is out longer than just a few games.

You're probably right. When the starters are out, he's basically a Tevin Coleman caliber player. Coleman might have a bit more upside as a backup. But to get that kind of value off waivers is pretty good. I was got complacent with picking up Conner and hesitated on Bernard. That was a mistake.

How bad is Atlanta against receiving backs? I remember the Eagles using Sproles a lot in the opener on that basis. Kamara had 15 catches against them but Kamara isn't a good baseline for anyone else.

15 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

How bad is Atlanta against receiving backs? I remember the Eagles using Sproles a lot in the opener on that basis. Kamara had 15 catches against them but Kamara isn't a good baseline for anyone else.

The worst...

Sproles, McCaffrey, and Kamara balled out.

This is the sweetest opportunity in Gio's career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Kinda sad that he's done with Mixon likely to return next week.

Only said if you don’t have Mixon. But people had to know this wasn’t a long term thing.

Edited by DillyDilly

2 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Did he get hurt? He was missing on the game winning drive.

He was in the backfield when Green caught the TD. I'm gonna miss Gio....

2 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Is mixon coming back for sure next week? Maybe he might need another week of rest

It's not certain. He didn't practice at all last week so you have to believe he'll likely be limited Wednesday and Thursday if he gets cleared. I'd say he needs a full practice Friday to play.

8 hours ago, Broncos132 said:

Have to think Mixon will definitely be back next week. That was a fun ride, best rental ever lol

I second all of this. Gio was a boss with Mixon out, lions would love this guy. I think I have to hold just to make sure Mixon doesnt re injure himself.

As both a Mixon & Gio owner, I think (hope) this was a really good outcome for the ROS moving forward.  Gio got the TDs and was very productive from a fantasy standpoint, but didn’t appear to do enough to turn this into a full blown timeshare moving forward.  I think they’ll ease Mixon in next week, but if he doesn’t re-injure himself, he’ll retain workhorse status the following week. Regardless, I’ll be holding Gio, because he’s proven he can be an RB1 if Mixon isn’t playing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tax77 said:

He was in the backfield when Green caught the TD. I'm gonna miss Gio....

No he wasn’t. He gingerly walked to sideline after his last carry and didn’t return. 

Doesn’t really matter at this point since Mixon is returning, but I dont think he will dominate touches like this even if Mixon gets hurt again in the future. Just not built for it. 

51 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Thanks gio for the last 2 weeks! Hopefully u get one more week!

tenor.gif?itemid=6038629

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Joe Mixon - RB - Bengals

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner expects Joe Mixon (knee) to play Week 5 against the Dolphins.

Mixon himself said he's yet to be cleared, but coach Marvin Lewis said "the sun is up" on Mixon, and both Dehner and Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official website expect Mixon back this Sunday. If true, it's uncertain how this backfield will shake out. Giovani Bernard has been awesome in Mixon's absence and deserves more looks than he was getting prior to Mixon's injury.

Oct 3 - 12:28 PM

Unbelievably valuable these past two weeks. [Removed FAAB discussion.]

Edited by tonycpsu
FAAB thread is in the AC forum.

41 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Thanks Gio! Appreciate it....and now.....DROP it like a towel.

Z2UWZWS.gif

in 12 team ppr hes a solid hold.  Cant see dropping him given....

A. Mixons knee scope (who knows what might happen)

B.  The fact that Gio, providing he is healthy, is a sure fire PPR Rb1 when Mixon doesnt play

C.  Gio might have some stand alone value in PPR, depending on matchup of course.

I cant see why anyone would drop.  At the very least Im offering him to Mixon's owners (who should NOW know the value of Gio if they didnt already)