hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

he's seriously became a new beast last season. is there a lot of guys here that would "definitely sure" to draft him late first round? 9-12 range? If so, how high are we on him meeting his ADP?   There's definitely dame, jokic, cp3, butler, westbrook, kawhi in that range.

Edited by hoopking

I'm taking Jokic and Dame over him for sure. I think there's a possibility he'll slip to pick 12 and then on the turn around you could get Jimmy Butler. Not a bad two man combo at all. It all depends where Gobert gets picked though. I would say in a majority of drafts you will see dipo go at either 11 or 12 with Gobert going in the other spot and maybe Jimmy Butler.

2 hours ago, greatestmetfan said:

I'm taking Jokic and Dame over him for sure. I think there's a possibility he'll slip to pick 12 and then on the turn around you could get Jimmy Butler. Not a bad two man combo at all. It all depends where Gobert gets picked though. I would say in a majority of drafts you will see dipo go at either 11 or 12 with Gobert going in the other spot and maybe Jimmy Butler.

Jokic for sure all day.  But Dame over Dipo...I'm not sure.  Do you like Dame's elite points, ft, and 3's better...I think I like Dipo more than doubling him up in steals and blocks while still being really close in points and 3's, with better FG.  

• Like 5

Dame is the sexier name, but Dipo will be the better player.  That's just me though.  I always think Dame is an all points guy but he always proves me wrong by leading a winning team LOL.  Either way, I do think Dipo's steals and better pct's put him above Lillard.  I just don't like low FG pct guys.  

Jokic though is another level.  I think he has a good chance to break into the low 20's in scoring this year with a slight improvement in FG percentage.  Dude is just 23 years old.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

Jokic for sure all day.  But Dame over Dipo...I'm not sure.  Do you like Dame's elite points, ft, and 3's better...I think I like Dipo more than doubling him up in steals and blocks while still being really close in points and 3's, with better FG.  

Dipo's defensive stats are off the charts, the only reason I'd take Dame over him is just because of consistency. I'm personally a very safe fantasy player and know exactly what I'm getting when I draft him.

Now I'm not saying dipo is going to be worse this year, he'll probably be better. He legitimately has a shot to be the best player in the east (yes I know Giannis and Embiid and Kyrie), but because dame has been doing his thing for longer I'm taking him. It's basically a lock he's gonna average 25/6/3.5 w/ 3 threes a game 

• Like 2

I honestly don't see how much more he could improve but id take him as high as 9 pending AD, Harden, Giannis, Kat, KD, Curry, WB, Joker 1-8. Then grab PG13/Kawhi at the turn. Then Josh Rich in the 4th. GG steals. 

Although I think Dipo is legit i’d be cautious of his extremely high fg% last season (relative to his position). We saw CJ put up similar shooting in a stellar season then last year it dropped back to the normal for scoring guards. Not comparing them talent wise, just an example of what could happen.

Still a great pick at the turn

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

I honestly don't see how much more he could improve but id take him as high as 9 pending AD, Harden, Giannis, Kat, KD, Curry, WB, Joker 1-8. Then grab PG13/Kawhi at the turn. Then Josh Rich in the 4th. GG steals. 

Even with the uncertainty of Kawhi being on the raps, if you have a choice between him and let's say dipo and lillard at the 9 spot, it would be a mistake not to take Kawhi. I think it's more likely that one of dipo or lillard is there on the turn of the 2nd pick anyway

5 hours ago, richg24 said:

I think it's more likely that one of dipo or lillard is there on the turn of the 2nd pick anyway

in a 12 team? in your dream, bruh. 

• Like 3

I will probably be targeting him in my auction draft as I think he'll be undervalued. Who would be the best player(s) to pair him with in an auction draft?

10 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

I will probably be targeting him in my auction draft as I think he'll be undervalued. Who would be the best player(s) to pair him with in an auction draft?

Depends on league size / settings but for 9 cat h2h, I like the idea of Dipo + Jokic

On 8/24/2018 at 2:45 PM, Purple Hippo said:

PG13 seems like the best pairing. Jimmy is a close second and will probably be cheaper too. Middleton as well 

• Like 2

I got him at #16 after picking up jokic in the 1st round. I've had him in years past before he took the leap to a next level last year so I'm excited to own him. I'm surprised he fell to 16 actually, and I fully expect him to put up borderline top 10 value this year. 

It is always possible that he don't do as good stats as last season, but who else you draft at the end of the 1st round? When certain 9-10 players have gone, then you have only 1-2 choices who can be better than Dipo.

On 18/08/2018 at 8:24 AM, richg24 said:

Even with the uncertainty of Kawhi being on the raps, if you have a choice between him and let's say dipo and lillard at the 9 spot, it would be a mistake not to take Kawhi. I think it's more likely that one of dipo or lillard is there on the turn of the 2nd pick anyway

Thinking the exact opposite. Why risk on Kahwi when Dipo’s stats are so similar to his. Kahwi obv has more upside, however with new team, new system, kahwi freakish injuries from pinkeye to chronic quad, for this season I’d take dipo before him. And more often than not Dipo is going at or before the turn so you’d more than likely miss out picking kahwi at 9 and hoping to get dipo at 16.

Kahwi might very well be better this season and I don’t mind taking risks in fantasy but I’d play it safe on this one.

The only thing that is hard forgo is that Kahwi is in a context year...

Edited by Pirate

1 hour ago, Pirate said:

Thinking the exact opposite. Why risk on Kahwi when Dipo’s stats are so similar to his. Kahwi obv has more upside, however with new team, new system, kahwi freakish injuries from pinkeye to chronic quad, for this season I’d take dipo before him. And more often than not Dipo is going at or before the turn so you’d more than likely miss out picking kahwi at 9 and hoping to get dipo at 16.

Kahwi might very well be better this season and I don’t mind taking risks in fantasy but I’d play it safe on this one.

The only thing that is hard forgo is that Kahwi is in a context year...

Because Dipo’s numbers last season could be Kawhi’s floor - but I do agree with you that Dipo is safer pick than Kawhi in general.

I actually like the Tyreke signing as it will take away some pressure from Dipo; His turnovers will go down and he can get better looks spotting up. He’s not realistically going to stop being the first option just because Evans is on the floor

I don’t think his fg% will regress like McCollum’s did - because that was mainly because Nurkic got brought over and clogged the lane - forcing him to take more jumpers.

Projecting the same numbers as last season with less turnovers with a slight uptick in threes and ft%. Lot to like about his outlook

• Like 2

i have the 12th pick in a snake and am targeting oladipo over kawhi. it's close between kawhi and paul george at the turn if hes still available

Can't believe I got Dipo in the 4th round last year! Jokic + Dipo! Don't think I'll ever that combo again this year! 

3 hours ago, mmart_ph said:

Can't believe I got Dipo in the 4th round last year! Jokic + Dipo! Don't think I'll ever that combo again this year! 

I have that combo. I took Jokic at 8 and Dipo at 17 :)

Had both guys last season and won the championship 

• Like 1

I think you guys might be riding the hype train a little hard into the first round for Dipo. You're picking him at his ceiling in the first. Kawhi has more upside. Dame is SO solid and never misses a game. Personally I have Paul George ahead of Dipo too. I think George is in for a huge year with Melo out of town and possibly a slow start for RWB. The only thing dipo does better is a little better FG%, but like @FantasyBallFan says a little regression in his FG% and he loses quite a bit of value. George gets more triples and points and much better FT% too. Again a safer pick. I am not saying Dipo will be bad in anyway and if he falls into the second I'm all over him, but I'm not taking him over guys like LBJ, Kawhi, Jokic, Dame, Curry, George, even Embiid i'd take before Dipo

Now at pick 17...that is value!!

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ROTY said:

That's my combo as well! Jokic at 6 and dipo at 16

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

I think you guys might be riding the hype train a little hard into the first round for Dipo. You're picking him at his ceiling in the first. Kawhi has more upside. Dame is SO solid and never misses a game. Personally I have Paul George ahead of Dipo too. I think George is in for a huge year with Melo out of town and possibly a slow start for RWB. The only thing dipo does better is a little better FG%, but like @FantasyBallFan says a little regression in his FG% and he loses quite a bit of value. George gets more triples and points and much better FT% too. Again a safer pick. I am not saying Dipo will be bad in anyway and if he falls into the second I'm all over him, but I'm not taking him over guys like LBJ, Kawhi, Jokic, Dame, Curry, George, even Embiid i'd take before Dipo

Now at pick 17...that is value!!

oladipo actually played 2 more games than lillard last year. the margin between guys like lillard/oladipo/pg/kawhi i think is so minute you could make a case for any of them over the others. lillards main boons are his 3 point makes and scoring, which isn't hard to make up on the rest of your roster. 2+ steals on the other hand, you wont get with lillard and are much more valuable

• Like 1

RECENT NEWS

Victor Oladipo said he changed to a no-carb diet and is going to have a "killer instinct" this year.
"You’ve got to learn how to follow before you can lead," Oladipo said. "I'm just working on being a killer, working on killing [it] every day. No matter what I’m doing, I want to win. I might not have had that killer instinct in the past but you better believe I got it now." Oladipo was the star of the show in the clutch for the Pacers with his 43.4 usage rate in the last three minutes of games within five points, but the Pacers weren't very good with a -5.3 net rating. Killer instinct or not, he's firmly on the board as a top-12 pick. Sep 25 - 9:00 PM
Source: Indy Star

This dude isn't messing around. I fully expect him to take another leap this year and put up top 10 value - 25/5/5 with 2.5 steals and 2 triples. He seems hungry af to prove himself yet again.

• Like 2