hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

12 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

Nah

Well I traded Middleton and Kemba for Kyrie and Dipo anyway, so who cares haha. What now?

I revoke your right to use Wakanda Forever for provoking a fellow VO owner. 

27 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Well I traded Middleton and Kemba for Kyrie and Dipo anyway, so who cares haha. What now?

I revoke your right to use Wakanda Forever for provoking a fellow VO owner. 

I kid I kid. 

BTW, that’s a good trade for you man, way to go!  I traded CP3 and JJJ for Dipo and Elf.

I do though think a 2nd round pick was a bit of a reach for Dipo.  To each his own I guess. 👍

Good luck to all Dipo owners.. I love watching this dude play but it was time to sell him in my league.

Wakanda 4-Ever

6 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

Good luck to all Dipo owners.. I love watching this dude play but it was time to sell him in my league.

Wakanda 4-Ever

He’s too unselfish. I’ll be selling this dude as well.

Sold him a couple of weeks ago and after seeing these underwhelming (for him) performances I'm kinda glad 

I also traded jrue and oladipo for Embiid and fox in my league. I have high hopes for them last month especially with oladipo cominhf from injury. I mojved on since I realized that the Pacers have too many improved weapons now compared last year. Also with Payton coming back, jrue's touches have been reduced

Woot Woot Wakanda 4-Ever!!

I traded Otto Porter, Jarrett Allen and Montrzl Harrell for Oladipo + Tobias Harris about 1.5 months ago. 

I thought I traded for a late first rounder in last year's Oladipo, but so far he hasn't been living up the hype. And worst yet Pacer is doing so well, there's no need to make change. Props to some great movement team basketball! 

I think Dipo still has 9 cats top25 potential once he starts to make em open 3's and keep turnovers in check, that should up his efficiency substantially in 32mins/g. 

Still holding. Just traded Tobias Harris for Myles Turner, finger crossed and hope for a speedy recovery!! 

Wakanda out

On 1/10/2019 at 5:36 PM, justblazedawg said:

Um.... WHAT?! lol This statement is mind boggling. The people who drafted him at the end of the 1st or 2nd round care! 17 ppg, 1.8stl with nothing else isn't going to get it done. He's ranked 69 over the last 2 weeks and 93rd over the last week. That is horrible for his ADP. I'm not expecting top 10 but anything over 20 would be a major bust.

You are getting lost in the weeds. Take a more macro view. Your sample set of a week or two isn't indicative of an entire season. 

My point is equal stats but 2.4 steals per game versus 1.7 steals per game is probably an 8-10 difference in rankings. It doesn't really matter because 1.7 is still a great steal contributor and it sort of is what it is for your roster construction at this point of the season. Obviously, it is disappointing, but it isn't catastrophic. 

On 1/11/2019 at 12:24 PM, Padilla814 said:

Not his fault you took him that early bruh...

I'm just going to piggy back on this....everyone frustrated needs to put that ADP stuff to bed. We are way too far in the season to be fixated on an ADP. Your roster has been constructed and you have got to roll with it at this point. There are tons of reasons why Dipo isn't performing at last year's levels and tons of reasons why he won't get to those lofty totals. There is literally nothing you can do about it now so just get the negativity out of your head so it doesn't cloud your judgement of how to play out the rest of the season. If you need to vent about missing the mark on a 1st/2nd round pick take it to the vent thread. Aside from that it is time to just pencil in the numbers you project ROS based on the current team structure and hustle to find the difference on the WW or trades or whatever you league settings allow. Owning Dipo isn't an excuse to not be competitive. He missed about 15% of the season. That isn't a throw in the towel type of injury. If anything Dipo will allow you to be more bold/aggressive in your pursuit of WW adds and trades so play it out to give yourself a chance at winning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

We are way too far in the season to be fixated on an ADP. 

The draft I'd say makes up about 40% of success, the other 60 comes down to WW moves, trades, and luck. The rise of Sabonis and Turner when healthy has allowed Dipo to distribute a little more to get his team involved especially early in the game. Also, if u look at averages atm he's only averaging 1 less shot so when his % regress to normal dipo, he'll be back to producing top 12-20.

• Thanks 1

Man someone offered Conley and Collins for Dipo and Miro. Should’ve taken it.

Vic will lift his game but so painful seeing this right now. Monstars took his soul.

4 turnovers in the first half against the suns?  I get it he won't be a second rounder but he's been my worst player this past week.  Upsetting.

Edited by Stickman71492
Easier to understand

Welp, there goes my second pick. Very painful when you consider that he's usually in the neighborhood of Lillard, Simmons, Embiid, etc.

Thing is he was performing in the first few weeks of the season. Here's to hoping he can find that form in the second half.

Edited by ellejamil

I’ve kinda learnt my lesson drafting pacers players. Roy hibbert I drafted early after a break out season and he completely destroyed me. 

I drafted Myles turner last season and he became a spud also. 

This year draft dipo after all the talk about how he’s got a killer instinct and training with Kobe in the offseason and look how he’s going. 

I traded Myles for dipo straight up in one of my leagues because I needed a big so bad. I regretted it intially, but I am loving Myles right now. Still a dipo owner, and I’m optimistic that he can still turn it around. 

6 minutes ago, mas10 said:

I’ve kinda learnt my lesson drafting pacers players. Roy hibbert I drafted early after a break out season and he completely destroyed me. 

I drafted Myles turner last season and he became a spud also. 

This year draft dipo after all the talk about how he’s got a killer instinct and training with Kobe in the offseason and look how he’s going. 

Maybe the killer instinct was towards your FG%, FT%, and TOs :))

Kind glad I traded this guy away. I regret drafting him in the 2nd but hey love and learn