hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

His FG% is still far too low than the previous season. Is it too much to expect that? It was it a product of him not getting adequately scouted?

8 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

His FG% is still far too low than the previous season. Is it too much to expect that? It was it a product of him not getting adequately scouted?

Hmm, maybe the knee, Nate mentioned he was forcing too much and should rely on his teammates more, so bad shot selection perhaps.

But then you got Thad and DC not showing up this year, so others teams might be crowding him..

He plays D also, so maybe he's getting a little tired, like how PG has those ugly FG% games...

I know I want him at least 48% on the year with the volume of shots he takes.

50% is what I hope for.

And then on FT%, given his history, I'd want around 78% - 80%

What about you. What %'s you want on the year?

His fg% was fine until the last 3 games where he shot a combined 19-58 (32%). He shot 48% in October so maybe the knee has actually been bothering him for the past week or so. His ft% is too low, but that's probably just a quirk of the early season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkalChriston said:

Hmm, maybe the knee, Nate mentioned he was forcing too much and should rely on his teammates more, so bad shot selection perhaps.

But then you got Thad and DC not showing up this year, so others teams might be crowding him..

He plays D also, so maybe he's getting a little tired, like how PG has those ugly FG% games...

I know I want him at least 48% on the year with the volume of shots he takes.

50% is what I hope for.

And then on FT%, given his history, I'd want around 78% - 80%

What about you. What %'s you want on the year?

For someone that's shot 44% for his career and had his best season ever at 47.7% from the field last season, why in the world would you hope for 50%? If anything, based on his career numbers, you'd expect him to shoot worse than he did last season.

Edited by lbjames6
  • Thanks 1

He really doesn't have a lot of help on the offensive end. Myles turner, Collison and Thad have been non factors pretty much and bogs is just a spot up shooter. Sabonis is really the only one who's stepped up to relieve some of the pressure on dipo. 

Just now, lbjames6 said:

For someone that's shot 44% for his career and had his best season ever at 47.7% from the field, why in the world would you hope for 50%? If anything, based on his career numbers, you'd expect him to shoot worse than he did last season.

Hmm, I imagined him getting in the gym over the summer and working on his shot.

He seems like a guy who might look his numbers and want to improve on everything.

Then they added Tyreke and another shooter in McDermott, plus the improving Myles and Domas, mabye he gets better shots as the season progresses.

So yeah, I expect him to be at 50% by the end of the season. Maybe even 52% now, gonna be career year.

• Haha 2

So yeah, I expect him to be at 50% by the end of the season. Maybe even 52% now

AHAHahhaha NO WAY JOSE ! 

giphy.gif

Edited by Stefan

He seems like a guy who might look his numbers and want to improve on everything.

Then they added Tyreke and another shooter in McDermott, plus the improving Myles and Domas, mabye he gets better shots as the season progresses.

So yeah, I expect him to be at 50% by the end of the season. Maybe even 52% now, gonna be career year.

If a guard, especially with one of his playstyle, was to hit 50%, even 49%, he would be No.1 pick every year. 

• Like 3

What in the world?

Are you aware of  the list of perimeter players, in the history of the NBA, who score 20+ and shoot over 50%??? And you're hoping for Oladipo to do that?? Kobe couldn't, Tmac couldn't, Wade's done it 2, maybe 3 times? 

Then you mentioned 52%. I don't believe Durant has ever done higher than 51. Maybe once?

Edited by tremixt
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ellejamil said:

His FG% is still far too low than the previous season. Is it too much to expect that? It was it a product of him not getting adequately 

It's mostly statistical noise until ballpark 750 fg attempts -- sometime after the all star break. And that's only the 50/50 threshold for noise/skill. We really can't have a feel for last season as outlier or breakout until well into next season.

My early 2nd rounder returning early 3rd value on +/- .040 in FG% and +/- .5 stl is peachy IMO. Come playoffs I'll take every eastern conference go to guy I can get, and love it, as long as he's anywhere near his projection. Top 10-12 teams gonna be scrapping hard down the stretch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tremixt said:

What in the world?

Are you aware of  the list of perimeter players, in the history of the NBA, who score 20+ and shoot over 50%??? And you're hoping for Oladipo to do that?? Kobe couldn't, Tmac couldn't, Wade's done it 2, maybe 3 times? 

Then you mentioned 52%. I don't believe Durant has ever done higher than 51. Maybe once?

Yep first for everything, I actually read what I wrote and I'm even more hyped, 52.5% baby.

• Haha 1

Damn his knees are ****** up and I feel sorry for those (including myself) drafting him in the first or second round.  I believe this will linger the whole of remaining season.  Good luck.

1 minute ago, Oladipo_is_MVP said:

Damn his knees are ****** up and I feel sorry for those (including myself) drafting him in the first or second round.  I believe this will linger the whole of remaining season.  Good luck.

Relax he's day to day :blink:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Oladipo_is_MVP said:

Username does not compute lol

On 11/18/2018 at 9:43 PM, SkalChriston said:

Yep first for everything, I actually read what I wrote and I'm even more hyped, 52.5% baby.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLtgdskP1vUzhkqtifZh2

anigif_sub-buzz-20121-1494964203-1.gif?d

anigif_sub-buzz-22126-1494961909-3.gif?d

Edited by Stefan

Feel like this is partly the coaching staff’s way of showing him: “Look you’re our guy but our team isn’t that bad, trust them - we don’t need you to take 20+ shots per game to win.”

I got too scared with the knees and the massive amount of talent around him. Had to bail. Enjoy the ride guys. See you on the other side! (traded to Jimmy Buckets)