hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I wouldnt worry too much about a gleague call up as it may be a situation theyre allowed to if a current player has missed a certain amount of games/times.

What I am worried about is them not disclosing something far worse than a sorr right knee. I remember last year they had myles turner day to day for about a week with an elbow sprain before announcing he had ligament damage and would miss extended time. Hard to think they would be so careless and not get an MRI for their star but you never know.

Traded for this guy and he probably played 2 games before going down so im hoping hes back sooner than later.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

Nba's gotta do something about those sideline cameras, especially if this knee injury is anything more than a soreness

57 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

I wouldnt worry too much about a gleague call up as it may be a situation theyre allowed to if a current player has missed a certain amount of games/times.

What I am worried about is them not disclosing something far worse than a sorr right knee. I remember last year they had myles turner day to day for about a week with an elbow sprain before announcing he had ligament damage and would miss extended time. Hard to think they would be so careless and not get an MRI for their star but you never know.

Traded for this guy and he probably played 2 games before going down so im hoping hes back sooner than later.

Ugh, you got a couple of bad games, eh.  Yeah, dipo hasn't gotten an MRI (to my knowledge) so I was taking that as a positive until I read this post that jogged my memory about Myles Turner.  I could really use his services, as I'm sure we all could.

• Like 1

Oladipo was my favorite pick last season, having a breakout year.  I, unfortunately, couldn't draft him this season but I just rolled the dice and traded for him.  I mean, I have an IR spot available.  I'm holding on to Tyreke until Oladipo gets back.

But let's all hope for some good news soon.

Edited by gill2k

I was #1 in my roto league by a good margin before Dipo went down, really need the Black Panther back :(

Edited by fabrar
  • Like 1

On 2018/11/19 at 9:10 AM, Oladipo_is_MVP said:

Damn his knees are ****** up and I feel sorry for those (including myself) drafting him in the first or second round.  I believe this will linger the whole of remaining season.  Good luck.

Lol told you guys, we are all ****** up.

5 minutes ago, Oladipo_is_MVP said:

Lol told you guys, we are all ****** up.

He missed 7 games last year with a sore knee as well,  was he ******  up then too? 

Yikes people actually drafted him in the 1st/2nd round. That's crazy.

Victor Oladipo (sore right knee) is unlikely to play on Thursday vs. the Lakers.

If Dipo misses Thursday's game, that would be his sixth straight. Coach Nate McMillan said that he is still day-to-day, but he has to go through a full practice before he's cleared. The Pacers only have a walkthrough scheduled before Thursday's game, so if he practices on Friday he'll have a shot to return on Saturday vs. the Kings.

20 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Yikes people actually drafted him in the 1st/2nd round. That's crazy.

Why is it crazy, he was top 11 last year in 9 cat standard 12 man leagues? He has also been putting up top 10-15 before the injury, which he's day-day.:huh:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Why is it crazy, he was top 11 last year in 9 cat standard 12 man leagues? He has also been putting up top 10-15 before the injury, which he's day-day.:huh:

He must be playing in those 4 team leagues - Dipo a clear  4th rounder there

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purple Hippo said:

He must be playing in those 4 team leagues - Dipo a clear  4th rounder there

Nah. Deep 12 teamer. Yeah just checked he was drafted 20th. I suppose I agree with you guys on second round but first seems way too early in my eyes.  I had him last year and he basically helped me take my first ship ever in my main league. I guess I just had some reservations on him going into this year. Tyreke coming in, which really didn't matter afterall, and the possibility that last year he was having a career year. I do remember Indiana had one of the easiest schedules last year as well.  4 teamer lol. I'd rather soak cork for a living.

9 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Nah. Deep 12 teamer. Yeah just checked he was drafted 20th. I suppose I agree with you guys on second round but first seems way too early in my eyes.  I had him last year and he basically helped me take my first ship ever in my main league. I guess I just had some reservations on him going into this year. Tyreke coming in, which really didn't matter afterall, and the possibility that last year he was having a career year. I do remember Indiana had one of the easiest schedules last year as well.  4 teamer lol. I'd rather soak cork for a living.

I took him with the 15th pick in my 10-teamer which I think is about the right spotfor him. He does have potential for late first round value though.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Whats funny is several people have come on this thread when Dipo has a bad game or now with the injury with a smug “I can’t believe people took him in the first round?!!”  Yet I’ve yet to read a post on this thread with anyone saying they took him in the first round lol.  I think nearly everyone said they took him at the turn or somewhere in the second round. I got him for 40 bucks at auction which was like the 15th highest bid overall. I guess people just love feeling superior even if it means being superior over an imaginary straw man.

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Rather now than later on in the season - feel like the other Pacers needed this to instill confidence / morale as they looked lost or too passive offensively when Vic was playing.

Hope Vic also sees that It doesn’t always have to come down to a game winning shot and he should trust his boys more (translating to more assists and better fg% from him)

Also, anyone complaining about the numbers he put up sans the knee soreness games (and even the first one was serviceable) have unrealistic standards. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mihs said:

Can see him doing some half court 4 on 4 here.

Apparently his first time doing 4v4 since the sore knee.

Possible he returns Saturday, but I'm tempering my own expectations to next week when Pacers come home. His statement about having to be 100% makes me doubt Saturday.

I think if he makes it through 5 on 5 practice tomorrow feeling good he’ll play Saturday. But it may be wise to just wait until they’re back in Indiana just to be extra cautious 
Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 1

I need dude to come back soon haha, falling in the stands without his steals and scoring. BUT, would rather him rest and not risk it. It’s a long season.

Saturday would be good, but you do you Vic, next week is aiiiiight too.

7 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

I need dude to come back soon haha, falling in the stands without his steals and scoring. BUT, would rather him rest and not risk it. It’s a long season.

Saturday would be good, but you do you Vic, next week is aiiiiight too.

I was #1 in roto league by a comfortable margin but Dipo being out and Jokic underperforming a little made me slide to #2

Thank god for BASED VUCCI

25 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I was #1 in roto league by a comfortable margin but Dipo being out and Jokic underperforming a little made me slide to #2

Cool story bro. I had the same experience with the same players in h2h (assuming "BASED VUCCI" is Vucevic and yeah, thank god)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

1 hour ago, bdy1 said:

Cool story bro. I had the same experience with the same players in h2h (assuming "BASED VUCCI" is Vucevic and yeah, thank god)

No Based Vucci for me unfortunately... I also have both Oladipo and Jokic (traded Kyrie and G Harris for him too!) and have been struggling.

Still #2 in my roto, but slipping to 3-5 range any given time. Capela and Kemba have been going off for me though, so that’s helped...

28 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

No Based Vucci for me unfortunately... I also have both Oladipo and Jokic (traded Kyrie and G Harris for him too!) and have been struggling.

Still #2 in my roto, but slipping to 3-5 range any given time. Capela and Kemba have been going off for me though, so that’s helped...

Fellow Jokic-Dipo-Capela owner! Don't worry man, Jokic will turn it around and Dipo will be back better than ever.

• Like 1

Dude is busy dropping his new album.

Maybe extra incentive to go on a tear to promote his new album.