hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Lol I have to say I was joking when I said I was freaking out earlier, but suddenly a bunch of posts also freaking out.

I trust Woj way more than this random dude. 

Taken from Reddit by Pat Boylan (sideline report for the Pacers):

Unless his source is Josh Corbeil or Carl Eaton (of which it's not), they have no idea the specifics of Vic's injury or what necessary treatment is. It's nice that someone else knows how knees work, but unless they have specific knowledge of Victors, this is irresponsible reporting.

edit: to sum up, don't freak out. If it were something actually season ending, they wouldn't have him doing 4on4s, dunking in practice and s--- like that.

Edited by mihs
  • Like 1

That was two days ago... And from a guy with 1.6k followers. Not saying this situation is impossible but if this was the case a major media outlet would have picked up on this a long time ago.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

I don't care if he followed it up with other tweets to clarify things but the initial tweet is just straight up irresponsible reporting.  It's also dated Dec. 4th.

Meanwhile... here's Vic doing drills, Dec. 5th...

Edited by gill2k
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, gill2k said:

I don't care if he followed it up with other tweets to clarify things but the initial tweet is just straight up irresponsible reporting.  It's also dated Dec. 4th.

Meanwhile... here's Vic doing drills, Dec. 5th...

clearly out for two seasons

Are you guys selling him? Is this premium buy low window?

3 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

I just bought him.. cost me CP3 but oh well. Worth it.

Wakanda Forever.

WAKANDA FOREVER

STRONG HOLD for me. Nothing can deter me from holding him — his value is at an all time low anyway.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LosingEffort said:

I'm not surprised in case he miss the remainder of season 

already traded for Lavine and Turner days ago

I legit have that same offer for Zack staring me in the face. Hoping today’s update will bring some positivity. 

40 minutes ago, ghostofathousand_ said:

I legit have that same offer for Zack staring me in the face. Hoping today’s update will bring some positivity. 

There is an update today?

Just now, crocp said:

There is an update today?

Sorry don’t mean to mislead...typically we’ll get an update stating his not suiting up for today. Since the pacers have a game. 

Man, what an interesting spot to be in for an owner and for an onlooker.  I own him, and given all the news he seems like a strong hold to me, unless you can get someone of equal or semi-equal value.  Zack, in my eyes, is far inferior, and with Dunn and Portis and Lauri back, won't shine as much as has been (imo).  And Oli is top 10 potential.  That recent reporter was the only person - and not too credible I might add - to instill fear among the owners.  Outside of that, it looks like he's inching closer.  Does one really do 1 on 1 drills (incl. hard cuts, dunking, etc.) if he plans to be out for the season due to a bum knee?  Seems like the "out indefinitely" was more of a team decision to get people off his back and give him the time he needs to come back strong and continue a beastly season.

My two cents.  But who knows? We're one announcement away from a complete game changer, for better or worse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nica4two said:

Man, what an interesting spot to be in for an owner and for an onlooker.  I own him, and given all the news he seems like a strong hold to me, unless you can get someone of equal or semi-equal value.  Zack, in my eyes, is far inferior, and with Dunn and Portis and Lauri back, won't shine as much as has been (imo).  And Oli is top 10 potential.  That recent reporter was the only person - and not too credible I might add - to instill fear among the owners.  Outside of that, it looks like he's inching closer.  Does one really do 1 on 1 drills (incl. hard cuts, dunking, etc.) if he plans to be out for the season due to a bum knee?  Seems like the "out indefinitely" was more of a team decision to get people off his back and give him the time he needs to come back strong and continue a beastly season.

My two cents.  But who knows? We're one announcement away from a complete game changer, for better or worse.

Good post. I’m in all the way. Roll the ******** dice baby 

1 minute ago, Nica4two said:

Yeah idk why everyone is scrambling to sell low when we haven't heard anything official yet. Selling low on a potential top 10 player because of an unofficial tweet is really foolish.

• Like 1

Yeah I bought low last week for CJ and Deandre Jordan and still feel good about it. So if you are thinking of selling I think a package like that is fair value (depends on league settings of course, Im in a points league too fyi).

2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Yeah I bought low last week for CJ and Deandre Jordan and still feel good about it. So if you are thinking of selling I think a package like that is fair value (depends on league settings of course, Im in a points league too fyi).

Same. I bought low on him for mccollu

and ibaka. Not gonna lie tho. I get a little nervous when there’s a new comment on this thread. Getting a little worried, but in it for the long haul

• Like 1

I owned him last year... didn’t keep him as a keeper and regretted it.  It’s so fun to watch him play.

got him back, won’t let him go now.

he will be back soon.. in this season and the next Avengers movie 

• Like 4