hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

6 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

Are you serious?  I need to find out if you’re trying to troll or actually complaining...

its a valid question/complain

dipo way down in pts, steals, blks, fg% ft% (compared to last year). its been disappointing season so far with inj and dipo not going on monster stretch yet

Edited by colepenhagen

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

its a valid question/complain

dipo way down in pts, steals, blks, fg% ft% (compared to last year). its been disappointing season so far with inj and dipo not going on monster stretch yet

He’s averaging more 3’s, rebounds, assists, and only half a steal less.

FG% has taken a slight dip.

Vic is down because of his FG/FT, and it’s hurt his PTS.

Everything else is holding up.

Let him get his rhythm back. I sense that the injury has thrown him off, he’s not been able to play his game yet.

In early-mid Nov before the injury, Dipo was a top 10 asset for about two weeks, after he overcame his slow start. He has the capacity to do it. He’s playing at his floor at the moment.

Once his percentages go back up, it’ll fix most of the issues we see now.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

He’s averaging more 3’s, rebounds, assists, and only half a steal less.

FG% has taken a slight dip.

ha 0.1 threes, 0.8 reb mean nothing I guess the 1 assist means a little. and its 0.7 steals less which is pretty significant. not saying that wont correct itself just saying its not were it should it be 

I agree he will get going and his %'s will rise along with his pts just disappointing especially if you took dipo over paul george

4 hours ago, Illuminati said:

I traded for him sending Westbrook and I regret it.

You'll get over it ;)

4 hours ago, Illuminati said:

I traded for him sending Westbrook and I regret it.

In 9 cat their values are pretty similar, also Westbrook kills u in 3 categories (fg/ft% and TOs)

10 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

ha 0.1 threes, 0.8 reb mean nothing I guess the 1 assist means a little. and its 0.7 steals less which is pretty significant. not saying that wont correct itself just saying its not were it should it be 

I agree he will get going and his %'s will rise along with his pts just disappointing especially if you took dipo over paul george

Pretty solid commentary. I traded my 3rd and 4th for a 2nd and 6th. I took PG and Oladipo with my 2 2nd rounders. I figured both would be pretty bankable top 20 for sure. I was probably expecting PG to be a little bumpier then Vic. The thing with Vic or any other player like him is that people always look at what has already happened. Going forward is literally the only thing I care about in fantasy. It may not be able to reproduce last year exactly but I have faith he will be in that range going forward.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

Dipo was also injured and out this season which took several games to get back on track, here's to a dominant 2019 to finish the season strong for DIPOB)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

Are you serious?  I need to find out if you’re trying to troll or actually complaining...

Is it not? The benchmark for him was top 10 or top 15 at worst. There was a stretch before the injury when he was a top 10 asset. It's true that his numbers are still elite, but it doesn't justify his ADP yet. I'm still giving him time to get his legs under him back, and my standing can still cut him some slack

There seems to be a lot who misunderstood some Dipo owners' disappointment, especially with his FG%, FT%, and PTS despite the slight uptick in 3s, assists, and stls. What made Dipo a valuable guard last year was he shot ~48% and averaged 23ppg. That is very rare outside of Curry. The only other guards I could find who could surpass him were Kyrie and Jrue (at a lower PPG, though I admit I might have missed more people). Mathematically, he has to average 50% FG in ~40 games to bring his FG close to last year's, which is doable but hard. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

There seems to be a lot who misunderstood some Dipo owners' disappointment, especially with his FG%, FT%, and PTS despite the slight uptick in 3s, assists, and stls. What made Dipo a valuable guard last year was he shot ~48% and averaged 23ppg. That is very rare outside of Curry. The only other guards I could find who could surpass him were Kyrie and Jrue (at a lower PPG, though I admit I might have missed more people). Mathematically, he has to average 50% FG in ~40 games to bring his FG close to last year's, which is doable but hard. 

Well said.  It's his efficiency that's annoying most people.  As for the 50% FG ROS unfortunately he has no shot at that.  Considering the volume of 3s he takes he would need to enter Steph Curry territory and become the best long distance gunner in the league. 

I'll happily take 44% FG% from here on out if it means he doesn't miss any more games.

He won’t reach last year’s FG, but the popcorn stats seem to be holding up and increasing from last year.

I’d take 23/6/6/2+stl/2.5 threes with 46/80 shooting from now til end of season. That’s good for top 15 imho.

• Like 2

Traded up for him in a keeper league. Sent a bunch of mid rounds to that team that needed depth and am excited to have him as a long-time keeper

• Like 2

Man, that was a fun game.

I have both Oladipo and Lavine, haha, seeing those guys trade buckets was insane.

Awesome line from Vic!!!

15 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Man, that was a fun game.

I have both Oladipo and Lavine, haha, seeing those guys trade buckets was insane.

Awesome line from Vic!!!

Have Dipo and Dunn, had an equally fun time haha. 

2 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

#1 z-score on a busy NBA night according to BBM  B)

It was one sexy line. I had PG going off as well, but Dipo’s well rounded line made me very happy :’)

Plus it’s the Black Panther aka Rhythm & Basketball aka Mr Spotify mayne, he’s been one of my fav dudes for a while 🔥

• Like 1

Really thought this guy would take the next step this year. But he hasn’t. 

• Like 1