hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, mas10 said:

Really thought this guy would take the next step this year. But he hasn’t. 

 

Ah yes, the early overreactions. He was #5 last week in 9-cat. Chill out man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well he is still good for me. well fg really had taken hit. and i think it wont go up that fast. but i do hope he would average 2 steals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's awesome, but his ADP was 11-12, and he hasn't stayed in that range so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ovofnd said:

 

Ah yes, the early overreactions. He was #5 last week in 9-cat. Chill out man.

As per Yahoo, he was #42 in the past week in standard cat leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To those going back and forth on this thread...please stop immediately. This has no place in the Oladipo thread and needs to stop or be taken to PM's if you must continue the dialogue. I am cleaning this thread now. Thanks

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

are you trading him for #41? no? good, then no one cares....

this is his floor... the WORST he can play... his upside is 1st round...theres no back and forth needed its simple. you dont trade your first round (upside). and you dont care about results because if he lives up to what he can do then you win, you drafted him based on what he did last year. 

 

Don’t even engage with these trolls. Once Oladipo has his blowup games they’ll crawl back into the woodwork like they have been all season when Dipo plays well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently traded him away so I don't have a horse in this race anymore, but I have to say, for the time that I did have him, from when I drafted to last week when I traded, I was just a little bit underwhelmed. I was expecting, if not a slight improvement from last year, then around the same numbers, but so far he hasn't hit those peaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m hoping he comes out blazing after the ASB and truly lives up to his ADP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Arbitrage_2 said:

I offered Conley + markkanen for dipo and no bite if that helps 

Almost accepted dj and Gallinari but was convinced otherwise. Conley is not a reliable enough 2-3rounder after a more careful analysis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cozie said:

I’m hoping he comes out blazing after the ASB and truly lives up to his ADP. 

 

It takes time to rebuild trust in a bum knee. I would not accept anything less than a top 20 player for Dipo as very little has changed in the roster around him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not looking like it's his year. 

 

Value should be deflated heavily in next year's draft. Probably will sink back down to mid 30s or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im seriously hoping that this is his floor. This season is seemingly more and more like a regression from last year. I'm going to see what the market is like once the he hits a couple of good games, but also willing to hold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My team is stacked and I can afford holding Dipo as is, but it’s looking like a regression from last year.

 

I absolutely love him as a player, but it’s not looking like he’ll finish top 15. All good though, still love his game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

My team is stacked and I can afford holding Dipo as is, but it’s looking like a regression from last year.

 

I absolutely love him as a player, but it’s not looking like he’ll finish top 15. All good though, still love his game.

but don't you think he will provide Top 15 numbers ROS?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His line today is okay SO FAR except for that putrid FT shooting...something is really wrong with him this season, and I dont know if it's because he was told that he was kind of a ball hog or something LOL

Edited by ellejamil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

Team is too stacked for him to be the man

 

This makes absolutely no sense :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

 

This makes absolutely no sense :huh:

makes sense to me. he doesn't have to be the man. doesn't have to do it all and be a usage monster

 

 

im still treating like dipo is a top 15 asset going forward and with trades but am looking to move him (dipo and brog 4 paul George)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reached for this guy at 12, arguably early at that time. Now it's easily a loss, especially when I chose him ahead of Lillard :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

makes sense to me. he doesn't have to be the man. doesn't have to do it all and be a usage monster

 

 

im still treating like dipo is a top 15 asset going forward and with trades but am looking to move him (dipo and brog 4 paul George)

 

It's the same exact team as last year, how in the hell are the Indiana Pacers a stacked team,  they have good to great players. But no superstars or all stars. LMFAO. Again it makes no sense.... and please don't say Tyreke freakin Evans, hes complete bum this year. Or Aaron Holiday who they drafted and basically never touches the court. Oladipo is an all star caliber player, he should get all the touches and be a usage monster. Granted he hasn't been playing to his potential all year, but what can you do. I'm fairly confident he can turn it around, or hopefully after the ASB . Pacers are currently 3rd in the East, but that East is sorry as hell this year. Outside the top 6 teams right now, and thats counting Brooklyn (wow Brooklyn who woulda thought)  .. you get my point. Philly has been choking after they added Jimmy, and Boston is slowly on the rise. My point is, they will need Oldapio to play at a high level if they want to continue being in the top echelon. Never in my life have I heard the Pacers being called a stacked team, even when PG13 was there, they still weren't a stacked team. Boston is a stacked team, Philly and Toronto to a lesser extent are a stacked team. Indy isn't stacked or super talented whatsoever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

 

It's the same exact team as last year, how in the hell are the Indiana Pacers a stacked team,  they have good to great players. But no superstars or all stars. LMFAO. Again it makes no sense.... and please don't say Tyreke freakin Evans, hes complete bum this year. Or Aaron Holiday who they drafted and basically never touches the court. Oladipo is an all star caliber player, he should get all the touches and be a usage monster. Granted he hasn't been playing to his potential all year, but what can you do. I'm fairly confident he can turn it around, or hopefully after the ASB . Pacers are currently 3rd in the East, but that East is sorry as hell this year. Outside the top 6 teams right now, and thats counting Brooklyn (wow Brooklyn who woulda thought)  .. you get my point. Philly has been choking after they added Jimmy, and Boston is slowly on the rise. My point is, they will need Oldapio to play at a high level if they want to continue being in the top echelon. Never in my life have I heard the Pacers being called a stacked team, even when PG13 was there, they still weren't a stacked team. Boston is a stacked team, Philly and Toronto to a lesser extent are a stacked team. Indy isn't stacked or super talented whatsoever...

Fantasy wise they are stacked. They've improved as a unit too combined with the fact that Myles is actually playing well this season and the emergence of Sabonis pushes Dipo's value down I don't see it coming back up any time soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...