hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

yea thad, turner, sabonis have been very good especially the last month +

all shooting well over 50% and 15+ pts

22 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

Fantasy wise they are stacked. They've improved as a unit too combined with the fact that Myles is actually playing well this season and the emergence of Sabonis pushes Dipo's value down I don't see it coming back up any time soon

I agree on Turner, and especially Sabonis playing better this year. But the major culprit of Oladipo's value going down is Oladipo himself. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3

From October-November, more than half of his points came in the second half. The rest of the team playing better meant he didnt need to do that. He can average 15ppg, but the poor FG% is all him.

I don't think its issue with health or fitness or bad play. He is succumbing to other players and taking a facilitator role with no need to pad stats. He just goes to work late in the game if necessary. Teamwise its the best solution. Fantasy other hand... Not so much.

Edited by JormaJormala
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

I don't think its issue with health or fitness or bad play. He is succumbing to other players and taking a facilitator role with no need to pad stats. He just goes to work late in the game if necessary. Teamwise its the best solution. Fantasy other hand... Not so much.

makes sense and the stats/results seem to agree

this doesn't mean that dipos role wont increase but it looks like hes content winning doing less as of right now

4 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Yeah, this.

He’s pulling an early season Jokic. Unfortunately his floor isn’t as high (rebs ast), so we’re getting these pedestrian lines.

Our best case scenario is Indiana stringing some losses, forcing Dipo and McMillan’s hand to lean on higher usage for him.

He really took off in the second half last year. Optimistic the same will happen this year as he feels better and the role players start regressing back to their normal talent levels.  

This thread is sort of going around in circles. There is such a focus on where his ranking ROS will be and whether it is a regression or whatever you want to call it. The fact is that Sabonis has taken a massive leap this year and he facilitates a lot of the offense. He isn't a low post big that doesn't pass. He scores efficiently, he passes willingly, and he is a monster on the glass. 

Dipo's minutes are down because the team is just better. But the main difference is his steals aside from the decrease in counting stats from playing less minutes. The 2.4 from last year was just off the charts and so tough to duplicate. But, rather than focus on a ranking, he is still an elite source of steals. So if his decline in steals leads to a fall of 8 spots in a ranking it doesn't change the fact that you target him for steals for your league standings. ROS or end of year player ranking is limited in reflecting the value of a player for your specific team build.  So who cares if it is 10, 20, or 30 at the end of the season. He still does what he does on a slightly less scale. He is healthy now so just put the games missed behind you and focus on the positive that he is back and contributing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

This thread is sort of going around in circles. There is such a focus on where his ranking ROS will be and whether it is a regression or whatever you want to call it. The fact is that Sabonis has taken a massive leap this year and he facilitates a lot of the offense. He isn't a low post big that doesn't pass. He scores efficiently, he passes willingly, and he is a monster on the glass. 

Dipo's minutes are down because the team is just better. But the main difference is his steals aside from the decrease in counting stats from playing less minutes. The 2.4 from last year was just off the charts and so tough to duplicate. But, rather than focus on a ranking, he is still an elite source of steals. So if his decline in steals leads to a fall of 8 spots in a ranking it doesn't change the fact that you target him for steals for your league standings. ROS or end of year player ranking is limited in reflecting the value of a player for your specific team build.  So who cares if it is 10, 20, or 30 at the end of the season. He still does what he does on a slightly less scale. He is healthy now so just put the games missed behind you and focus on the positive that he is back and contributing. 

Great post but you forgot to add Wakanda Forever 👍

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, thezing1 said:

So who cares if it is 10, 20, or 30 at the end of the season. He still does what he does on a slightly less scale.

Um.... WHAT?! lol This statement is mind boggling. The people who drafted him at the end of the 1st or 2nd round care! 17 ppg, 1.8stl with nothing else isn't going to get it done. He's ranked 69 over the last 2 weeks and 93rd over the last week. That is horrible for his ADP. I'm not expecting top 10 but anything over 20 would be a major bust.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justblazedawg said:

Um.... WHAT?! lol This statement is mind boggling. The people who drafted him at the end of the 1st or 2nd round care! 17 ppg, 1.8stl with nothing else isn't going to get it done. He's ranked 69 over the last 2 weeks and 93rd over the last week. That is horrible for his ADP. I'm not expecting top 10 but anything over 20 would be a major bust.

Yeah what?

Dipo’s ADP was 11. I care that I used my top 15 pick on him if he’s giving me the same value as TJ Warren, who’s currently ranked just behind him on BBM. Why should I expect a late 1st-2nd rounder to give me the same returns as a wire pickup?

We wouldn’t be giving Lillard the same pass. 

I absolutely love VO as a player, but his circumstances are unfavourable at the moment with Indiana happy playing equal team ball. Plus it’s not the steals, which I never expected to return to 2.4spg. It’s the percentages and how they’re using him only in late game situations.

EDIT

I’d like to make it clear that I think he’ll still finish top 20 and there’s no way I’m trading him at this value, he’s too good for it, but the dynamics around him need to change. 

All he needs to vault back is to simply revert to his % averages. But he needs rhythm to do that. The coach needs to recognise that to give Indiana the best shot possible, esp with him having extended time away last month.

Edited by ovofnd
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ovofnd said:

I absolutely love VO as a player, but his circumstances are unfavourable at the moment with Indiana happy playing equal team ball. 

Why is it not favourable? Pretty much every 1st/2nd round player has decent players they need to share the ball with. Lillard, Jokic, Irving, etc I will not give VO any passes. He straight up just needs to be better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, justblazedawg said:

Why is it not favourable? Pretty much every 1st/2nd round player has decent players they need to share the ball with. Lillard, Jokic, Irving, etc I will not give VO any passes. He straight up just needs to be better. 

He needs usage. 

He’s passive as hell Q1-Q3. Dude has a very low margin of error in Q4 to produce because chances are, the game has either blown out or it’s close and he needs to perform out of rhythm after not being used much throughout the game.

He’s shooting at a high clip in crunch time, but those don’t come every game.

He does need to be better though.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ovofnd said:

Yeah what?

Dipo’s ADP was 11. I care that I used my top 15 pick on him if he’s giving me the same value as TJ Warren, who’s currently ranked just behind him on BBM. Why should I expect a late 1st-2nd rounder to give me the same returns as a wire pickup?

I absolutely love VO as a player, but his circumstances are unfavourable at the moment with Indiana happy playing equal team ball. Plus it’s not the steals, which I never expected to return to 2.4spg. It’s the percentages and how they’re using him only in late game situations.

EDIT

I’d like to make it clear that I think he’ll still finish top 20 and there’s no way I’m trading him at this value, he’s too good for it, but the dynamics around him need to change. 

All he needs to vault back is to simply revert to his % averages. But he needs rhythm to do that. The coach needs to recognise that to give Indiana the best shot possible, esp with him having extended time away last month.

the funny thing about averages.... lol

17 hours ago, ovofnd said:

Yeah what?

EDIT

Not his fault you took him that early bruh...

• Like 1

Trying to trade up for him in package deals with 2 for 1's involving D'angelo Russell (nets have a terrible playoff sched). He hasn't been like last season even since returning, will he trend up further or is he not gonna really be much better than someone like DLo this season? What are owner thoughts on his value ros? 

26 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Trying to trade up for him in package deals with 2 for 1's involving D'angelo Russell (nets have a terrible playoff sched). He hasn't been like last season even since returning, will he trend up further or is he not gonna really be much better than someone like DLo this season? What are owner thoughts on his value ros? 

I love him but did a 2-1 trade for him.  Injured CP3 and JJJ for him and Elf.

May be selling him for Blake Griffin though... I’m a die hard Pistons fan. Lol

18 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

May be selling him for Blake Griffin though... 

Flirting with danger! 

Annoying as hell to own. Just doesn’t get involved much. Its the knicks ffs!!

Can someone explain to me whats going on with this dude? Just traded for him. Seems like he started off really hot and has been playing very average lately.

6 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

Not his fault you took him that early bruh...

Taking Dipo at 15 is pretty standard...

Edited by ovofnd

Paraphrasing the Grampa Simpson's love tester...this is not the performance i had envisioned. I didn't realise that either Larry Huge or Steve Franchise in their pomp were on the Knick's turnstile of PG's  roster!

Hopefully he has a better second half. I'm just gnashing my teeth a bit because Spencer Dinwiddie too seems to have fallen into a funk of crap shooting and not too much else. My guard situation is looking a bit mediocre at the minute.