hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

12 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Kind glad I traded this guy away. I regret drafting him in the 2nd but hey love and learn

just curious, who did you trade him for?

sigh. is it too much to ask for Jimmy Butler's lines? I thought those were easily attainable

Edited by ellejamil

On 8/15/2018 at 6:07 AM, hipriest69 said:

Jokic for sure all day.  But Dame over Dipo...I'm not sure.  Do you like Dame's elite points, ft, and 3's better...I think I like Dipo more than doubling him up in steals and blocks while still being really close in points and 3's, with better FG.  

What a throwback

Is this a buy low for Oladipo or are his recent averages kind of who he is now? Seems to me the sentiment in this thread is last year was more of an anomaly as opposed to this season eventually regressing back. Thinking of sending a sneaky 40ish player like Middleton for him

3 minutes ago, finte said:

Is this a buy low for Oladipo or are his recent averages kind of who he is now? Seems to me the sentiment in this thread is last year was more of an anomaly as opposed to this season eventually regressing back. Thinking of sending a sneaky 40ish player like Middleton for him

Eh, guy like Oladipo I wouldn't be looking to sell low. Not cause he's gonna bounce back to glory or anything, just a fun guy to build your team around. Next year he may go a round or maybe even two rounds lower. I'll take him there too.

But you know maybe there are some strict numbers only guys out there, if so I still think Dipo is one of the most fun people to own in the league.

1 hour ago, ovofnd said:

Hitting rock bottom with Dipo DeRozan and Mirotic all at once is not fun.

I feel your pain. More turnovers than if i had Curry and harden, except Dipo and DeRozan are combining that ham-fistedness with busted arsed shooting, crappy F/T's and not too much else. 

Thank heavens for some picks like Hield and Huerter!

34 minutes ago, Brimful of Upside said:

I feel your pain. More turnovers than if i had Curry and harden, except Dipo and DeRozan are combining that ham-fistedness with busted arsed shooting, crappy F/T's and not too much else. 

Thank heavens for some picks like Hield and Huerter!

Man, I’ve had PG, Dipo, DeRozan and Mirotic shoot 30-38% in the past two weeks. I went from #1 in FG in my roto league to middle of the pack, and sliding fast.

I made a trade for Ayton to stop the bleeding, but he’s been shooting like trash too without Booker!

2 hours ago, ellejamil said:

just curious, who did you trade him for?

sigh. is it too much to ask for Jimmy Butler's lines? I thought those were easily attainable

Traded dipo and mirotic for kemba and cj 

• Like 1

Biggest fantasy dissapointment of the year.

Feeling good about trading him away when he got injured. Value is in dumpsters now. Couldn't get Middleton or even Mitchell for him.

• Like 1

Huge disappointment right now man. He’s one of my fav players but he’s playing like OKC and Magic Dipo.

Not a disappointment, just the shots were not falling tonight.  Other than that good stat line. 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fabrar said:

Kind glad I traded this guy away. I regret drafting him in the 2nd but hey love and learn

Just curious, are you glad that you traded Dipo away? We didn’t get the message the first three times you posted this. I think you should come back every night that Dipo has a poor outing and post the same thing please.

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Just curious, are you glad that you traded Dipo away? We didn’t get the message the first three times you posted this. I think you should come back every night that Dipo has a poor outing and post the same thing please.

for sure man, anything for you. the next bad game probably isn't far away so keep your eyes peeled ;) 

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

for sure man, anything for you. the next bad game probably isn't far away so keep your eyes peeled ;) 

Thanks man! Hopefully you, Oladipo is MVP and Losing Effort are all going out for a celebratory beer tonight and congratulating yourselves for how smart you all are. Maybe you can start a group text so you guys can coordinate your nightly posts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Purple Hippo said:

Thanks man! Hopefully you, Oladipo is MVP and Losing Effort are all going out for a celebratory beer tonight and congratulating yourselves for how smart you all are. Maybe you can start a group text so you guys can coordinate your nightly posts.

Fantastic idea actually, thanks for acknowledging how smart we are. Feel free to PM me if you want some tips on fantasy basketball. But for now, try not to digress and stay on topic please.

17 hours ago, fabrar said:

Fantastic idea actually, thanks for acknowledging how smart we are. Feel free to PM me if you want some tips on fantasy basketball. But for now, try not to digress and stay on topic please.

17 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Lol this is just the hard hitting passive aggressive fantasy insight I needed to make me feel better about feeling s---y about just that - fantasy.

Sell if you don't want a headache and think you can get a good deal. Hold if you believe in the dude that made huge leaps in his overall game last season, is part of a better team this season, and won many people their fantasy leagues last year (including my dumb as s--- best friend who'll never let me forget about it). 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 7:19 AM, Padilla814 said:

Not a disappointment, just the shots were not falling tonight.  Other than that good stat line. 👍

True words.  That could have potentially been a sweet line.  It's good to see some more positivity in this thread.  Heck I even caught myself slipping talking smack about him but we're all human lol

This is it... this is the time dipo earns that Monopoly money! 3 games in 4 days ... I need that 2nd round production for the win!!! 

Just now, BrewCityBBQ said:

Woof, bad start.

Was 0/4 when I tuned in. Proceeded to make a bad turnover and miss a fairly easy reverse layup.

Yeesh he’s just struggling right now.

Nothing to do but ride it out at this point. There’s still half a season left, plenty of time to turn things around.

• Like 1

Love the guy and his game, not worth his ADP, and if he campaigns for an all star spot I'll call bull

Edited by ellejamil