hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

My season went down the drain with Lowry but Oladipo is not a 1st round player

Was drafted late 1st - early 2nd in 12+ leagues, it is what is, hell play better. He was top 12-15 in 9 cat before his injury fwiw.

8 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Love the guy and his game, not worth his ADP, and if he campaigns for an all star spot I'll call bull

Will probably make the all star team based on his teams record and the fact that he'll be the only option from his team. Which is pathetic based on his play.

8 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Was drafted late 1st - early 2nd in 12+ leagues, it is what is, hell play better. He was top 12-15 in 9 cat before his injury fwiw.

Which convinces me otherwise that this is a regression and more of a lingering injury issue or just a brutal slump. That 15 game stretch when he never scored less than 20, only his FG% and FT% were holding him down

I hope he doesn’t make all star. Maybe it’ll light a fire in his a**!

• Like 3

Should have traded him for Butler when I had a chance zzzzz.

At this point, I am even inclined to trade him for a decent mid-round center since I lost Capela.

I REALLY think he is playing hurt. He just doesnt look right.

Edited by heero78

Minus the bad shooting, it's not a very bad line save from the lack of steals. My other players (Fox and Warren, typically strong shooters) also had bad shooting nights. I guess I'm tanking FG% this week.

Let’s sit back and think for a minute. This guy had 1 good season only. Maybe it was just 1 of those abnormalities. 

3 minutes ago, mas10 said:

Let’s sit back and think for a minute. This guy had 1 good season only. Maybe it was just 1 of those abnormalities. 

Sustained for an entire season though? Though I'm not dismissing the possibility of that. 

22 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Minus the bad shooting, it's not a very bad line save from the lack of steals. My other players (Fox and Warren, typically strong shooters) also had bad shooting nights. I guess I'm tanking FG% this week.

It's a very bad line considered where he was taken in draft....even if you took him late in 2nd. For the past 2 weeks, he can't even crack top 150. 

I guess the only good thing is that he can only go up from here.

Ill be very happy if he can finish top 30. 

2 minutes ago, heero78 said:

It's a very bad line considered where he was taken in draft....even if you took him late in 2nd. For the past 2 weeks, he can't even crack top 150. 

I guess the only good thing is that he can only go up from here.

Ill be very happy if he can finish top 30. 

It is, but I think at this point in time past the halfpoint marker the rest of the team construction should have already picked up his slack. I think somebody mentioned this already here before. It is hard to make up for the production of  2nd/3rd rounder, but there;s still at least 10/11 more slots after him.

Admittedly, I also fall victim to lamenting over his return-to-ADP, considering other guys like Lillard, Embiid, Beal,etc could have been had.

Sorry boys I had to get off this ride. Just traded him and Mirotic for Conley and Collins.

Love Dipo but I’m not loving the inconsistencies this season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Sorry boys I had to get off this ride. Just traded him and Mirotic for Conley and Collins.

I would actually be really tempted to take this. Giving up a lot of 3's though.

35 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Have fun when Conley and Collins are shutdown for tanking purposes.

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Have fun when Conley and Collins are shutdown for tanking purposes.

collins would get shutdown for tanking purposes? you realize hes their brightest star and only a sophmore and they are already tanking right? lol

Traded him last week for DJ + gallinari too, gallinari was ranked ahead of him + Dj is valuable  AF for a FT punt team. had to take it even tho i didn't wanna move dipo. the odds of dipo moving up to first round value seems unlikely ( i am thinking more like 15th-25th) at this point and if gallinari finishes on pace, i think its a pretty steal of a trade. 

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
  • Like 2

You have to wonder if the knee is bothering him. He obviously wouldn't admit it. The kind of a player who don't want any excuses for his bad play. The drop off is so huge.

3 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

collins would get shutdown for tanking purposes? you realize hes their brightest star and only a sophmore and they are already tanking right? lol

Traded him last week for DJ + gallinari too, gallinari was ranked ahead of him + Dj is valuable  AF for a FT punt team. had to take it even tho i didn't wanna move dipo. the odds of dipo moving up to first round value seems unlikely ( i am thinking more like 15th-25th) at this point and if gallinari finishes on pace, i think its a pretty steal of a trade. 

That's exactly the reason why Collins will be rested/shutdown in the last remaining games of the season as their best player.

Edited by DezedandConfused

15 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Dal and Cha upcoming matchups are bottom 5 in defensive rating, Dipo will bounce back.

we said this against the Knicks and Hawks tho

• Haha 1