hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I'm a big Oladipo fan but I can admit this is a rough patch right now.  He is killing my FG% this week which is a stat I always count on winning.  With that being said he will right the ship going forward.. I truly believe that.

For those of you on the outside looking in, this is a legit Buy-Low moment for Oladipo.  There are likely a lot of players who used an early round pick on him and are frustrated.. Luckily I am not one of them, traded CP3 for him so something is better than nothing.

Wakanda Forever

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

That's exactly the reason why Collins will be rested/shutdown in the last remaining games of the season as their best player.

youre crazy to think so, theyre not winniing lol he needs to develop. they will play him all year. youre actually silly to thinkt hey wouldnt

When is the last time youve even seen someone young and promising shut down on a tanking team lol????

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

53 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

youre crazy to think so, theyre not winniing lol he needs to develop. they will play him all year. youre actually silly to thinkt hey wouldnt

When is the last time youve even seen someone young and promising shut down on a tanking team lol????

Eric Bledsoe on the Suns? Also Devin Booker last year on the Suns. Actually, maybe it’s only the Suns that do it lol

I guess you can count Embiid Simmons and Fultz on the Sixers too.

Edited by Purple Hippo

18 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Eric Bledsoe on the Suns? Also Devin Booker last year on the Suns. Actually, maybe it’s only the Suns that do it lol

I guess you can count Embiid Simmons and Fultz on the Sixers too.

what how? none of those guys were healthy last year. totally different??

duno about eric, i think that was more drama than anything. didnt pay attention to booker last year either. i missed fantasy last year. 

1 hour ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

i forgot to include healthy, but c'mon thats a given lol

1 hour ago, Padilla814 said:

I'm a big Oladipo fan but I can admit this is a rough patch right now.  He is killing my FG% this week which is a stat I always count on winning.  With that being said he will right the ship going forward.. I truly believe that.

For those of you on the outside looking in, this is a legit Buy-Low moment for Oladipo.  There are likely a lot of players who used an early round pick on him and are frustrated.. Luckily I am not one of them, traded CP3 for him so something is better than nothing.

Wakanda Forever

Thought you traded him away?

49 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

i think he meant he traded for him a while back

I actually drafted oladipo and traded him for PG13 lmfao, then traded to get him back by giving up lebron then traded him away for gallinari and DJ, 

In the end i netted - Steven Adams, Gallinari, DJ and PG13 for oladipo and aminu dmitch and  derozan  (dmitch and derozan for lebron earlier in the season before trading him away for dipo again)

probably won this based on how lebron is hurt, dmitch isnt nearly as good as his ADp and derozan is meh.

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

53 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

I did trade him for Blake Griffin.. but my buddy instantly regretted the trade.  Oh well, I decided to do the right thing and traded him Blake for Dipo straight up so we were back to normal.

42 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

I did trade him for Blake Griffin.. but my buddy instantly regretted the trade.  Oh well, I decided to do the right thing and traded him Blake for Dipo straight up so we were back to normal.

Haha how is that the right thing? If he accepted the trade then its on him. Still, I think I'd rather have Oladipo over Blake anyways (at least for my roto league).

2 hours ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

Haha how is that the right thing? If he accepted the trade then its on him. Still, I think I'd rather have Oladipo over Blake anyways (at least for my roto league).

I get your point.. but ultimately Fantasy is about having fun.  He’s one of my good buds and regretted the move.. no harm no foul.  He’s the 2x champ in our league so when I beat him this year I don’t want any asterisks by it.  I’ve even got my championship belt picked out. 🤘

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 12:52 AM, Padilla814 said:

That’s dumb dude. That decision is on him...

I tried to take him before PG in every one of my leagues so hard, but to no avail. 

Just speechless at this point. 

At least he's only missing shots and not coughing up turns....Would be a pretty handy line had he hit 6 of 11 instead of 3 of 11.

I have to laugh a bit at my team, with Boogie Cousins returning from IL i have to cut a bloke. Far and away the worst two on my roster in the last fortnight were 'Dipo and DeRozan, who between them have been absolute boat anchors in all three disciplines of shooting percentages and turnovers. I dropped Huerter who today is playing a great game in the first half. Makes it hard when two of your four highest drafted/traded players deliver complete and utter tripe like this. 

Lol...make that 3 of 13 now. If he was doing a space-walk he'd miss space the way he's going!

Edit again..he's hit a trey!! Maybe he can heat up now...can only hope. At least he's putting up shots today, so maybe he can shoot his way out of this slump. 

Edited by Brimful of Upside
More missed shots :P
  • Like 1

He seems to be doing better of late. However, he's still not as productive this season overall.

Did the injury ruin him indeed? Help me understand.

• Like 1

Everything is there except the efficiency categories (FG FT TO). He’s been absolutely terrible with those, which is what’s suppressing his value. 

10 minutes ago, gooseball said:

He seems to be doing better of late. However, he's still not as productive this season overall.

Did the injury ruin him indeed? Help me understand.

No I personally don't think his recent injury is holding him back he's just in an awful shooting slump.  Can't wait until he busts out of that because his lines are pretty good otherwise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oladipo_is_MVP said:

Dipo is the best fantasy player, I love him

Username checked out XD

Edited by heero78