hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, heero78 said:

Username checked out XD

Pretty sure someone edited his post lol. The original one said he was glad he traded Dipo a while ago. Dude trash talks about Dipo on the regular.

2 hours ago, Stickman71492 said:

No I personally don't think his recent injury is holding him back he's just in an awful shooting slump.  Can't wait until he busts out of that because his lines are pretty good otherwise.

Agreed.  He'll break out eventually. I think we're going to be getting lines similar to last year in time for fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1

Got hold of Dipo again. I say the upside is there. Its the same IND team from last year. He's gonna get out of the slump! 

• Like 1

Need this guy to outperform kemba against my opponent to win this week. Cmon dipo!

I guess my team now has to operate under the assumption that hell be like this for the rest of the year. Any progression is a welcome upside

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I guess my team now has to operate under the assumption that hell be like this for the rest of the year. Any progression is a welcome upside

You and me both. Luckily I'm winning this week, but wow, he can't find the ocean with his jump shot

He’s been blocked a lot recently so that’s either a shot selection issue or he’s not getting the same burst / lift 

This guy is destroying my team. Honestly need to bench him. 

Managed to flip him/Miro for Conley/Collins, then Kemba/Siakam this week. I love Dipo but so confused by what’s happening this season. The slump is brutal.

All the best guys, I’ll be coming in and out of this thread just because I’m a fan, but I needed to detach myself from the anxiety 😂

On 9/26/2018 at 1:16 PM, akund said:

The main difference between those guys is that all of them have put up top 15-20 value for multiple years, whereas Oladipo has only done it once. Not to say he can't keep up his production last year, but I think Oladipo regressing (especially in steal rate and FGA) is more likely than not. Lillard and PG are definitely the safest of that group given Oladipo's one year of production and Kawhi's injury risk.

Still not sure why everyone came after me in September for saying that Dipo was likely regress and that he shouldn't be taken ahead of Kawhi/PG/Lillard. If you're drafting someone in the first round, proven first round value > one year of first round value

10 minutes ago, akund said:

Still not sure why everyone came after me in September for saying that Dipo was likely regress and that he shouldn't be taken ahead of Kawhi/PG/Lillard. If you're drafting someone in the first round, proven first round value > one year of first round value

This forum is useful for breaking news and to see what the chumps in your league are likely thinking (look at all the unironic "drop city" posts for people that really shouldn't be dropped).  

When it comes to predicting things, the zeitgeist of the forum is typically wrong.  Don't worry about it.  

On this topic, I thought as you did and as a result don't own him.  Across 25 leagues, often specifically trying to diversify, I was still unable to get him.  Why?  Because he never lasted past like pick 15, and I didn't want to grab him before that.  On the one hand I would've liked to have stock in him once or twice just in case, on the other, I'm glad I didn't panic and draft him early.

Actually salvaged a good line.

21 points, 7 dimes 2 threes and 3 steals on .400/.1000 shooting.

Baby steps!

The way i look at it. His main counting stats, like assists and rebounds.. are up. He's rusty from the injury. His shot will come back.

Just now, stickman786 said:

The way i look at it. His main counting stats, like assists and rebounds.. are up. He's rusty from the injury. His shot will come back.

was about to post that. threes, dimes, reb, steals (trending up) all there. pts and fg% should come back up over time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

This forum is useful for breaking news and to see what the chumps in your league are likely thinking (look at all the unironic "drop city" posts for people that really shouldn't be dropped).  

When it comes to predicting things, the zeitgeist of the forum is typically wrong.  Don't worry about it.  

On this topic, I thought as you did and as a result don't own him.  Across 25 leagues, often specifically trying to diversify, I was still unable to get him.  Why?  Because he never lasted past like pick 15, and I didn't want to grab him before that.  On the one hand I would've liked to have stock in him once or twice just in case, on the other, I'm glad I didn't panic and draft him early.

It's all relative risk/reward during drafts. While players like Butler have a more proven track record, there was news of him sitting out and trade rumors. Other players in that range like Simmons require punts, Kyrie and CP3 have injury histories. At the end of the day played games matter the most. Also, dipo was putting up top 12-15 in 9 cat for a period before his injury. 

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

It's all relative risk/reward during drafts. While players like Butler have a more proven track record, there was news of him sitting out and trade rumors. Other players in that range like Simmons require punts, Kyrie and CP3 have injury histories. At the end of the day played games matter the most. Also, dipo was putting up top 12-15 in 9 cat for a period before his injury. 

This, especially in season-long leagues. It is always easy to have a retroactive analysis of the draft (basically a redraft). In the 11-15 range you find either PG/Lillard, Dipo, Simmons, Embiid, CP3, Kawhi, Kemba, Butler. Knowing what I knew then, the only ones I could have found myself drafting ahead of Vic were PG/Lillard and in a certain build, Simmons. Everyone else I attach a significant injury risk discount; probably in this order Embiid, Kemba, Kawhi (would move ahead of Kemba if Raptors didnt explicitly say he wouldnt play B2B), CP3. Butler had significant trade risk, and retroactively apparently it wasn't enough because was General Soreness for a month.

Today's line is a quantum leap from his last few efforts. I'll take 8 of 20 from the field if coupled with a couple of treys, perfect from the line and for once...Zero turnovers!

Much better reading for me. Meanwhile DeMar Harden/Curry continues to fluff turns like it's going out of style, and he's shooting complete crap without even going for treys. One out of two i guess ain't bad :P