hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

44 minutes ago, Brimful of Upside said:

Today's line is a quantum leap from his last few efforts. I'll take 8 of 20 from the field if coupled with a couple of treys, perfect from the line and for once...Zero turnovers!

Much better reading for me. Meanwhile DeMar Harden/Curry continues to fluff turns like it's going out of style, and he's shooting complete crap without even going for treys. One out of two i guess ain't bad :P

Yep I truly believe this is the turn around point for Vic if I'm wrong I'll own it but even in points leagues this dude has been getting under 15 and his average was around 33 last season.  I figure he's gonna start hovering around 29-30 because that shots bound to fall.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

This, especially in season-long leagues. It is always easy to have a retroactive analysis of the draft (basically a redraft). In the 11-15 range you find either PG/Lillard, Dipo, Simmons, Embiid, CP3, Kawhi, Kemba, Butler. Knowing what I knew then, the only ones I could have found myself drafting ahead of Vic were PG/Lillard and in a certain build, Simmons. 

I didn't like Kemba either, but I definitely took Embiid, Kawhi, and Simmons there.  I don't think I ever took CP3 that high, though, and I know I didn't do it with Butler.

But for real, Oladipo's expected regression was pretty well documented for fantasy writers and such.  He's better than what he's been, but he wasn't a 10th pick type of guy and shouldn't have been drafted there to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

But for real, Oladipo's expected regression was pretty well documented for fantasy writers and such.  He's better than what he's been, but he wasn't a 10th pick type of guy and shouldn't have been drafted there to begin with.

Really? The real writers (for lack of a better term, I mean the non-fantasy ones) were talking a lot about improving upon is MIP season with all his diet and workout an stuff.

Though we saw a similar article with Myles last season and look how that season turned out. So maybe, like Myles, next season is actually when he breaks into top 10 :))

2 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I didn't like Kemba either, but I definitely took Embiid, Kawhi, and Simmons there.  I don't think I ever took CP3 that high, though, and I know I didn't do it with Butler.

I agree 10 is too early but in 12-14 team leagues last pick of 1st or early 2nd was reasonable, took dipo and Kawhi on the turn

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

I agree 10 is too early but in 12-14 team leagues last pick of 1st or early 2nd was reasonable, took dipo and Kawhi on the turn

I'm not saying it was unreasonable, just saying I didn't think it was worth that.  More importantly, I'm saying that I wasn't alone in that (cause who cares about a random messageboard poster), that lots of the "experts" were saying the same thing.

Oladipo not hitting his ADP is not surprising, I'll just say that.  It was foreseen by lots of people; I'm just one of them.

27 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I'm not saying it was unreasonable, just saying I didn't think it was worth that.  More importantly, I'm saying that I wasn't alone in that (cause who cares about a random messageboard poster), that lots of the "experts" were saying the same thing.

Oladipo not hitting his ADP is not surprising, I'll just say that.  It was foreseen by lots of people; I'm just one of them.

Yeah 1st 2 rounds are more about what build you're going for, fwiw dipo is ranked higher than Simmons in 9 cat for the season. But of course depending on team build that can change with punts. Good convoB)

Well sure, cause Simmons sucks at threes and FT%.  I feel like every conversation I'm in on this forum lately, I need remind people that H2H and roto are totally different beasts.  In roto rankings matter, in H2H, all you care about is getting your 6-7 strong categories and who cares about the rest.  

It's like people intellectually know that there's a difference between roto and H2H but when it comes to nuts and bolts, lots of them can't really figure out how/why.  Same thing when I said in H2H AD and Harden on our the same level, because when it comes to blowing up 6-7 cats and ignoring the others, they're basically equal.  By the same token, Oladipo is the better roto player, but when it comes to getting 6-7 cats strong as f--- and ignoring the others, Simmons blows him away.  And everyone was predicting that in September and October.

7 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Well sure, cause Simmons sucks at threes and FT%.  I feel like every conversation I'm in on this forum lately, I need remind people that H2H and roto are totally different beasts.  In roto rankings matter, in H2H, all you care about is getting your 6-7 strong categories and who cares about the rest.  

It's like people intellectually know that there's a difference between roto and H2H but when it comes to nuts and bolts, lots of them can't really figure out how/why.  Same thing when I said in H2H AD and Harden on our the same level, because when it comes to blowing up 6-7 cats and ignoring the others, they're basically equal.  By the same token, Oladipo is the better roto player, but when it comes to getting 6-7 cats strong as f--- and ignoring the others, Simmons blows him away.  And everyone was predicting that in September and October.

This argument again... 

The baseline comparison is always 9 cats and add to the fact that different owners value different cats in H2H (meaning there is no consensus), AD will always be above Harden. Sure in specific use cases, Harden is above him like in punt TOs but I hope I am not the first one to tell you that when I am trading, I don't gauge a player solely based on build. I look at the overall value he brings to the table, which gives me more leverage when wheeling and dealing. Thus far, I have been doing well with this approach but again, it doesn't mean rankings are the only variable. 

Edited by HotSauce24

Just now, HotSauce24 said:

This argument again... 

The baseline comparison is always 9 cats and add to the fact that different owners value different cats in H2H, AD will always be above Harden. Sure in specific use cases, Harden is above him like in punt TOs but I hope I am not the first one to tell you that when I am trading, I don't gauge a player solely based on build. I look at the overall value he brings to the table, which gives me more leverage when wheeling and dealing. Thus far, I have been doing well with this approach but again, it didn't mean rankings are the only variable. 

Well, again, in H2H it only matters what makes you the greenest in whatever categories you're building towards.  I understand that doesn't lend itself to dumb drive by messageboard forum comments as easily as rankings do, but that really doesn't matter.  You win your H2H league based upon your record, not based upon how many people here agree with you.  Rankings will tell you Oladipo is a better player than Simmones, but unless you're playing roto or constructed your team horribly in H2H, not one would seriously argue that this season thus far, would they?

When you're looking at H2H, you look at the best 6-7 cats a player has and you ignore the rest (this is why Harden and Davis are on the same H2H level).  Some people will go off the player rater or yahoo ranks, and they might win.  But that's rare and honestly more luck than anything else.  It's like we've all heard "he's better in roto than h2h" a 100 times, but some of us don't really grasp what that really means.  Long story short, it means throw out their worst 2-3 categories and then assess them.  That's the difference.  On topic, it's why in most H2H builds, Simmons is better than Oladipo, especially considering Simmons was usually around when Oladipo wasn't.

28 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Well, again, in H2H it only matters what makes you the greenest in whatever categories you're building towards.  I understand that doesn't lend itself to dumb drive by messageboard forum comments as easily as rankings do, but that really doesn't matter.  You win your H2H league based upon your record, not based upon how many people here agree with you.  Rankings will tell you Oladipo is a better player than Simmones, but unless you're playing roto or constructed your team horribly in H2H, not one would seriously argue that this season thus far, would they?

When you're looking at H2H, you look at the best 6-7 cats a player has and you ignore the rest (this is why Harden and Davis are on the same H2H level).  Some people will go off the player rater or yahoo ranks, and they might win.  But that's rare and honestly more luck than anything else.  It's like we've all heard "he's better in roto than h2h" a 100 times, but some of us don't really grasp what that really means.  Long story short, it means throw out their worst 2-3 categories and then assess them.  That's the difference.  On topic, it's why in most H2H builds, Simmons is better than Oladipo, especially considering Simmons was usually around when Oladipo wasn't.

But as I acknowledged, I get that. However if I am the Dipo owner, I don't think I'd give him up (especially prior to his slump) straight for Simmons even in H2H because I want to exhaust his full value. Same can be said for AD and Harden. It's all about leveraging your trade potential imo and there rankings help, especially in the elite tiers (diminishing returns and all in the lower rankings). 

2 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

But as I acknowledged, I get that. However if I am the Dipo owner, I don't think I'd give him up

I 100% agree with this, because who knows how your team was created. It's possible a trade could work but more likely it wouldn't. If you weren't already punting threes and ft%, it's unlikely that trade would help you. 

I was able to get a trade accepted in 12 man league with a bottom standing manager. Gave up bogdon from sac and tomas and getting dipo.

58 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I was able to get a trade accepted in 12 man league with a bottom standing manager. Gave up bogdon from sac and tomas and getting dipo.

hot damn that is almost a garbage package

1 hour ago, the1gq2nvy said:

What kinda taco league you play in bruh

• Thanks 1

Its a $20 yahoo proleague. You do get some tacos in those leagues. His dropping bam who is pretty low value so it could help his roster a bit with depth.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

True but having more than 2 or 3 punts can affect h2h as well in a given week. Again like u said it depends what your team build is. Dipo might be in a shooting slump but he has raised other areas lately (steals, assists). Also in h2h in most cases comes down to games played, most are gonna stream their end of the roster spot depending on what cats they're losing or winning by a small margin.

Edited by DezedandConfused

7 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Damn and I got him for middleton straight up

16 minutes ago, mmart_ph said:

Damn and I got him for middleton straight up

I just got him and Lebron for Beal and adams

2 hours ago, bouncethatp@ss said:

I just got him and Lebron for Beal and adams

You must be number 1 in your league with a 30 game cushion because that is one hell of a risk. Especially Beal, who's been straight beasting.

got offered josh richardson and aaron gordon for oladipo. thoughts? 12 team standard league currently 3rd place.

4 minutes ago, devb89 said:

got offered josh richardson and aaron gordon for oladipo. thoughts? 12 team standard league currently 3rd place.

Ac forum.