hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

38 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Anyone dropping tonight? Or waiting till tmrw?

If you can drop him I would. Just look at the replays.. The fact that they immediately covered his knee with a towel was a really ominous sign. He's done for the season. 

How about Joseph for ros or will the Pacers make a trade 

Suspecting the injury to be dislocated kneecap, the recovery time for that would be anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks. 

That means he might be able to return for fantasy playoff where pacers have favorable schedules. 

I'm currently sitting 2nd place with both AD, Kawhi, Oladipo and Mirotic out all happened within the last two days, I don't want to play this anymore 😭 😭 😭 

will you guys hold him or drop? Is there still hope for a short recovery? Pray 4 Wakanda!! 

Wait till tomorrow for MRI Confirmation.

LeVert was dropped and picked up on so many league. Just wait for one day. 

For real basketball, hope Dipo has speedy recovery. He is breaking out like a superstar in front of our eyes. 

This is real devastating for Pacers. :(

48 minutes ago, mdpharm23 said:

How to get Yahoo to take him off the Can’t Cut List?

If your league uses the can't cut list settings then there is nothing you can do but just wait.

13 minutes ago, cucubing said:

Wait till tomorrow for MRI Confirmation.

LeVert was dropped and picked up on so many league. Just wait for one day. 

For real basketball, hope Dipo has speedy recovery. He is breaking out like a superstar in front of our eyes. 

This is real devastating for Pacers. :(

Dude hes not coming back this season.

Check out @wojespn’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1088254227879813120?s=09

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25835499/victor-oladipo-indiana-pacers-stretchered-apparent-leg-injury?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by RingMyBell

Not trying to be an a**hole, but all reports are that he is out for season.  MRI will just confirm it.

9 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Not trying to be an a**hole, but all reports are that he is out for season.  MRI will just confirm it.

What if it's just a dislocated kneecap? 

I know this chance is real slim..but one can hope right lol?

Maybe someone with medical knowledge can chime in. 

I don't want to drop then find out he will be back in couple weeks. 

• Like 1

Just now, heero78 said:

Fair enough

On 1/20/2019 at 9:01 PM, the1gq2nvy said:

I was able to get a trade accepted in 12 man league with a bottom standing manager. Gave up bogdon from sac and tomas and getting dipo.

My trade hasnt even gone thru yet until tomorrow.  Fantasy gods punished me.

23 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Fair enough

Yeah, Derrick White clears waivers tonight and think I might put in a bid for him and drop 'Dipo, going with the bold-ish presumption that he's out ROS.  If I'm wrong and I lose him for White, then I will be very upset for at least a good 6-7 hours, but then I'll take a cold shower, re-evaluate my life, acknowledge the existential conundrums and mysteries that we humans face, and move on (and try to make the fantasy playoffs).

Wishing you well, 'Dip.

Edited by Nica4two
misspelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

Yeah, Derrick White clears waivers tonight and think I might put in a bid for him and drop 'Dipo, going with the bold-ish presumption that he's out ROS.  If I'm wrong and I lose him for White, then I will be very upset for at least a good 6-7 hours, but then I'll take a cold shower, re-evaluate my life, acknowledge the existential conundrums and mysteries that we humans face, and move on (and try to make the fantasy playoffs).

Wishing you well, 'Dip.

Well it's not like White is a bad pick up. Should have a solid top 75 value ROS. You did fine.

I know this sounds cold after what just happened but Dipo couldn't even crack top 160 last 2 weeks. 

18 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

Wishing you well, 'Dip.

Yeah dropped White. Slacking the past 3 games. Had a gem tonight. Should've dropped Winslow instead. Clears waivers tonight and hopefully that leagues(s) are asleep.

2 hours ago, Jugernot said:

If you can drop him I would. Just look at the replays.. The fact that they immediately covered his knee with a towel was a really ominous sign. He's done for the season. 

How do you even drop him though? He is stuck on that yahoo can't call list. 

4 hours ago, heero78 said:

Very hard to say from the replays.

It doesn’t look like the classic rotational or hyperextending motion you would expect with a ACL or MCL injury. 

His leg seems to just give up under him. Dislocated kneecap or a tear of the quad muscle could be possible would be my very wild guess 

30 minutes ago, Fat Damon said:

Very hard to say from the replays.

It doesn’t look like the classic rotational or hyperextending motion you would expect with a ACL or MCL injury. 

His leg seems to just give up under him. Dislocated kneecap or a tear of the quad muscle could be possible would be my very wild guess 

In the replays I've seen you can see Oladipo's kneecap just below the hem of his shorts, which is a good couple of inches above where the thing is damn well meant to be.  It's like the patellar tendon just goes completely lax.  Gruesome.

7 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

In the replays I've seen you can see Oladipo's kneecap just below the hem of his shorts, which is a good couple of inches above where the thing is damn well meant to be.  It's like the patellar tendon just goes completely lax.  Gruesome.

Didn’t recognize that, but yeah that would be the most fatal form of a quad associated tear. Let’s hope it’s not...

13 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Andre Robertson went down last year with a Patellar. From August, 2018.

The injury isn’t too common in the NBA, but it is a serious one.

For a player, returning to 100 percent following a ruptured patellar tendon is a long and grueling process and there is no guarantee that they’ll be able to return to form.

The patellar tendon serves as a key ligament in the knee as it connects the thigh’s quadriceps muscle to the shin and helps with running, jumping and kicking.

Of course, Thunder forward Andre Roberson suffered a ruptured left patellar tendon back in January and would go on to miss the rest of the season after playing in just 39 games.

Roberson is on track to be ready for the start of training camp next month and has said to be progressing forward in his recovery. 

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2018/08/16/nba-players-patellar-tendon-rupture-injury-recovery-time-andre-roberson/

Roberson as of January 14th, as per Yahoo:

Andre Roberson (left knee) still isn't close to a return according to coach Billy Donovan.

Advice: His timetable has been pushed back over and over again, but Donovan still expects him to return at some point this season.

Edited by Spyplane

So a year later and Roberson still isn't ready to play. Knee injuries are serious business to ballers.

9 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

No, the reports were that the Pacers "fear" he is out for the season. Even if there is a 1% chance they were wrong, it is not the same thing as him being out for the season.