hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

 

Its already like that, it’s a LA fitness / 24 hour fitness type of game now

#RuinTheGame

 

thats basically what’s happening, where are those grind it out games? Oh they don’t exist because NBA needs viewers and entertainment. Players lasted longer because the game slowed down before, but it was boring to see players foul every time and grab without any shots being made 

 

 

basically the NBA doesn’t give a damn about its players and if they get hurt they’ll find another kid that’s special. I

 

I don't understand your point. What should the NBA do to make Russell Westbrook play a safer game? He isn't a great shooter so to be great he has to play an athletic, frantic game that increases his chances of getting hurt. 

Meanwhile, Westbrook has played more 80+ game seasons than Curry. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

 

Along w TOny Parker n Jeremy Lin, bound to happen in quick cutting slashing guards 

 

Do you have a solution to this problem that you think the NBA owners are turning a blind eye to? 

 

Ban slashing guards? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

 

I don't understand your point. What should the NBA do to make Russell Westbrook play a safer game? He isn't a great shooter so to be great he has to play an athletic, frantic game that increases his chances of getting hurt. 

Meanwhile, Westbrook has played more 80+ game seasons than Curry. 

 

 

Thats entirely up to the players, it’s why Kobe said half the league doesn’t work hard when he got there, most players take it easy while others go hard.

 

But if you know you have a player giving it your all why force him to play when he has a knee problem already diagnosed in the beginning of the season. That’s also the coaches ability to draw plays, DC is a all pro point guard but rather have oladipo operate and go 1-4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

 

Do you have a solution to this problem that you think the NBA owners are turning a blind eye to? 

 

Ban slashing guards? 

 

I would say it’s the coaches that have this system in place, every team is different . If teams swung the dam ball like GSW I wouldn’t see so many injuries to the stars. But I’m not saying to ban their play style , it’s merely understanding the player and putting the best system for him. With Derrick rose , that system was doomed for him from the start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

Do you have a solution to this problem that you think the NBA owners are turning a blind eye to? 

 

Ban slashing guards? 

 

Injuries are a part of the game no doubt, but I’m seeing a pattern with our superstars and it’s concerning because now they’re damaging the product.

 

PLUS my main point is not to have them play like a 60 year old retired cashier standing in the corner , but merely lower the games played per season and possibly stretching the season for more rest days but that isn’t happening. 

 

What was odd was pacers had a star in Turner but decided to wear down oladipo, thought it was weird Turner regressed this season because of oladipo 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

29 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

 

Haha you right I couldn’t leave rose off, but the triangle off was different and Kobe never would do coast to coast crazy things wall did , but I’m merely speaking of working in the field and speaking to players. Klay n steph have no knee soreness or injuries, Kobe’s attack was almost always set up w him on the block or off a screen, what harden is doing is unbelievable creating himself but that’s a lot of work. Kobe’s year where he tore the achilles , he was cutting running slashing more than ever it was almost sad to watch him play his heart out n getting injured in the last game of season. 

 

 

Yeah his knee was already having tendinitis and what happens is a bump or bruise can cause the damage to kneecap and start pulling ligaments from the kneecap. There was a time where I planted and some reason the top of my knee bruised without getting hit. If you watch how VO plants , the tendon on the top of the knee snaps

 

curry is legitimately a few ankle sprains away from having another early end to his season or career even... i wouldn't count anyone out on injuries. freak accidents happen all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pushaZ said:

I lost Dipo guys what do I do:(

 

Whats on your wire and position in standings ?! Depends what you have, is your build is more centers or more guards? What’s the punt? Specialists ? Dipo is unreplaceable but really depends what you have on your wire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

 

Whats on your wire and position in standings ?! Depends what you have, is your build is more centers or more guards? What’s the punt? Specialists ? Dipo is unreplaceable but really depends what you have on your wire?

 

What should we do from a dynasty perspective. Man it sucks he was my big point guard for the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

 

curry is legitimately a few ankle sprains away from having another early end to his season or career even... i wouldn't count anyone out on injuries. freak accidents happen all the time. 

 

Yeah it’s unfortunate for Oladipo, I felt like he was surrounded by a bunch of slower role players and that’s why it caused him to do so much. He had to create for Thad, Turner, Bogdan and guard the other teams best player. It was doomed for him from the start, Dame Lillard has a easier time because CJ can take some ball handling off him and guard the opposing best players. Same as Klay with Steph, it’s all about the teams roster make up and which guys compliment. For VO unfortunately , he did it all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

 

curry is legitimately a few ankle sprains away from having another early end to his season or career even... i wouldn't count anyone out on injuries. freak accidents happen all the time. 

 

honestly i cant even hate if super teams are formed for this reason. I have no doubt in my mind having another superstar takes the edge off the other superstars so all in all it prevents major injury to one particular star player. We forget how much pain these athletes go through on a day to day basis. Like how the eff does paul millsap play with a broken toe, doesn that sh!t sting when u move around in an nba game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

 

Yeah it’s unfortunate for Oladipo, I felt like he was surrounded by a bunch of slower role players and that’s why it caused him to do so much. He had to create for Thad, Turner, Bogdan and guard the other teams best player. It was doomed for him from the start, Dame Lillard has a easier time because CJ can take some ball handling off him and guard the opposing best players. Same as Klay with Steph, it’s all about the teams roster make up and which guys compliment. For VO unfortunately , he did it all

and thus we should all really appreciate the fact that westbrook had a couple knee surgeries and is still performing at this level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ganandorf said:

 

What should we do from a dynasty perspective. Man it sucks he was my big point guard for the future. 

 

Gotta build for the next year but if your still in playoffs, guys like Oubre or Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is ones to consider. Depends how patient you are and what’s on the wire. I’d look for rookies that were dropped but have a good second half outlook , or 2-3 year guys looking for big contracts. It’s tough cuz idk what’s sitting on the wire but id look for contract year players and guys with high athleticism. Tbh my fantasy season starts when guys get injured I love researching up and coming players, more exciting

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

and thus we should all really appreciate the fact that westbrook had a couple knee surgeries and is still performing at this level. 

Haha most def!

Westbrook is a “mutant” lol 😂 

 

if if you watch how explosive and in control he was during the FIBA games with him coming off the bench. This was when Durant led the youth squad with harden Kyrie Westbrook rose curry that one year, they don’t have clips of him but Jesus he looked like something the NBA has never seen. But with all the medicine / protein/ technology guys are becoming more explosive and their genetic make up cannot take the stress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, brosephd said:

ruptured patellar tendon, out for season

I couldn't tell by looking how bad it was, but I had this twice  and for those who had this before, takes a good 8 weeks if not more for recovery and then rehab. He was playing on a gimpy knee and it showed in his stats.

Edited by Forever Smooth
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I lost Dipo guys what do I do:(

You probably were not going to win anyway. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quad tendon is the worst knee injury to have. Not a lot of experience with young top level athletes suffering this injury. Depending on severity it can be worse than ACL tear, patellar tendon tear or meniscus.  Victor also had a fractured patella. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Injuries like this just make think about Harden more and more, does so much yet durable as **#*, built like a tank since early in his career. can play a slower game, take a lot of contact and dish out alot.

 

Smart dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Quad tendon is the worst knee injury to have. Not a lot of experience with young top level athletes suffering this injury. Depending on severity it can be worse than ACL tear, patellar tendon tear or meniscus.  Victor also had a fractured patella. 

 

I read it's likely 9 month recovery time typically for this injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropped for Reggie Jackson... this one stings. :(

 

Good luck to everyone here.

 

And one more time...

 

Wakanda Forever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...