hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, michael_scott said:

Dipo has improved his fg% each season and it should be above average for pg/sg. I wouldn't compare it to Simmons' or Drummond's ft% impact.

I’m not. You inferred that.  But if you’re drafting PG13 you’re probably punting FG regardless of who else you take and Dipo doesn’t help.  

Edited by StifleTower2

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

I’m not. You inferred that.  But if you’re drafting PG13 you’re probably punting FG regardless of who else you take and Dipo doesn’t help.  

he inferred that because you say fg by pg/dipo right after you say ft by simmons/drummond........................... ????????????????

paul george is a career 43.2% from the field. i dont see anyone saying you have to punt FG when you draft kemba so why PG? really strange suggestion

but anyway i still like oladipo at the turn of the 1st. although i would consider taking gobert over pg just because of positional scarcity

8 minutes ago, MarcoPol0 said:

he inferred that because you say fg by pg/dipo right after you say ft by simmons/drummond........................... ????????????????

paul george is a career 43.2% from the field. i dont see anyone saying you have to punt FG when you draft kemba so why PG? really strange suggestion

Yes, because I never stated it, and you concluded it from the context.  That’s what an inference is.  I stated that on the turn I would take PG13 and Dipo then punt FG, not that Dipo is the proximate cause of punting FG.

2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Yes, because I never stated it, and you concluded it from the context.  That’s what an inference is.  I stated that on the turn I would take PG13 and Dipo then punt FG, not that Dipo is the proximate cause of punting FG.

great troll

12 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Poor reading comprehension skills. 

To explain why I’d be inclined to punt FG even Dipo/George don’t force it is due to opportunity cost.  If you’re drafting on the wheel then you’re not getting either Towns or AD as FG anchors nor are you getting high FG guards such as Curry.  Then by passing on the punt FT bigs you’re passing on your last best chance to get FG anchors.  By the end of the 3rd Gobert and probably Capela will be gone.  But bigs such as M Gasol will be available.  So punting FG opens up their value.  If you’re not picking again until the tail of the third and you’re not punting FT then you’re not able to pick bigs with both enough volume and high enough FG to make up for a high volume 43% shooter.  You’re thinking on level 1 if you think the only reason why I would punt a category is because the player I just selected forces you to do so.  You need to look at who is available and think 2-3 rounds ahead.  I’m not going to waste any more time trying to explain that to you only to get insulted when I have my own drafts to prepare for.  So good luck. 

• Like 3

Taking Simmons/Drummond would mean punting or weakening at least 2 of 3: FT/3pt/TO (and perhaps points) which would be pretty reckless on the 1/2 rd turn. Dipo is on another level as he doesn't demand punting anything as 1st pick (even fg% paired with pg13 as you could get likes of JV/Adams/Whiteside/Kanter, but it would obviously be an option).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

That's why I paired dipo with Kawhi :), hopefully his free throws from preseason will not be the regular

I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do with Dipo

As a fantasy bball noob (2nd season), I feel like he is really hard to build around.

I kind of decided on the fly to punt TO and FT%.  Kinda F'ed up team in the end.

Drafted Dipo, Embiid, Jrue Holiday, Capela, Dunn, Porter, D Russell, Tyreke Evans, Gay, J Parker, Osman, Lamb, and Markeiff Morris.

9 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

What teams did you guys form with Oladipo at 12? I'm having a hard time creating a good build around him 

Dipo, PG13, Capela, Tobias, Bledsoe, GHarris, Ingles, Mrotic, Teague, Fournier, Beverley, P.Gasol, K. Anderson, Dedmon, Thad. Same 12th pick

3 minutes ago, heero78 said:

I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do with Dipo

As a fantasy bball noob (2nd season), I feel like he is really hard to build around.

I kind of decided on the fly to punt TO and FT%.  Kinda F'ed up team in the end.

Drafted Dipo, Embiid, Jrue Holiday, Capela, Dunn, Porter, D Russell, Tyreke Evans, Gay, J Parker, Osman, Lamb, and Markeiff Morris.

That's a decent team... IMO

43 minutes ago, Stefan said:

That's a decent team... IMO

And here's mine below in my signature. I picked 12th. Dipo was my 2nd pick (pick no.13). 

15 minutes ago, adithmuluk said:

And here's mine below in my signature. I picked 12th. Dipo was my 2nd pick (pick no.13). 

NICE bruda.

I'm also targeting Capela, Ayton, LeVert, Gary Harris, J-Rich :)  

3 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Unfortunately, it seems like he was drafted at his ceiling.

Man... I still think Dipo can improve from last season tho. Just a slow start. Patience 

• Like 1

Are people actually freaking out after 1.5 games? LOL I wish I had some of yall in my league, you'd be eaten alive. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kaishi said:

Man... I still think Dipo can improve from last season tho. Just a slow start. Patience 

Perhaps. On the other hand, he doesn't have much room for error in order to meet top 15 value. Quite a bit of that value last year came from being the league leader in steals, so if that number regresses to say 2.0/game, then that hurts. But it's early yet. He's still the alpha dog on the Pacers, so nobody's "panicking"

i have no idea why people are fussing over oladipo "struggling". if you watch the pacers play, the offense runs through him. he will be fine, the steals wil come he is a natural in it

Hey guys wondering for opinions. Should I find a way to get rid of Oladipo cause of his lagging steals and my current needs in ASTS, STLS, FG% and BLK? Right now thinking of trading him to get either Simmons, Wall or Westy in a package (if yes, which one out of these 3)

Team below (roto);

PG: Reggie Jackson, Markelle Fultz (picking off waiver)

SG: Oladipo, Klay, JJ, Gordon, Gary Harris

SF: Lebron, Gallo, 

PF: Draymond, Favors

C: Whiteside, Boban

1 minute ago, ChickenPorzinger88 said:

Hey guys wondering for opinions. Should I find a way to get rid of Oladipo cause of his lagging steals and my current needs in ASTS, STLS, FG% and BLK? Right now thinking of trading him to get either Simmons, Wall or Westy in a package (if yes, which one out of these 3)

Team below (roto);

PG: Reggie Jackson, Markelle Fultz (picking off waiver)

SG: Oladipo, Klay, JJ, Gordon, Gary Harris

SF: Lebron, Gallo, 

PF: Draymond, Favors

C: Whiteside, Boban

1. Take it to the Assistant Coach forum

2. See fabrar's comment

Edited by Kippet
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Kippet said:

1. Take it to the Assistant Coach forum

2. See fabrar's comment

True but it's not as if the other 3 aren't at the very least equivalent to Oladipo's value so idk. Should wait it out honestly it's not as if Oladipo is playing bad whatsoever. Cheers. 

• Like 1