hoopking

Victor Oladipo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Minutes are down to 31. More talent on roster and especially in backcourt. It's begun to be a worry but not a big concern.

5 minutes ago, rando said:

Minutes are down to 31. More talent on roster and especially in backcourt. It's begun to be a worry but not a big concern.

This is due to game 1 being over by half time. Other 3 games are around the norm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Two steals, 9 dimes, and perfect FT shooting... Leggo!

Slow start but I have a feeling he's about to go on a heater. Gonna be time to break out the "it'shappening" gif soon!

Yea, the counting stats will come with his usage so I was never concerned about that. The free-throws are what's concerning. Reminds me of Westbrook last season. Free-throws are generally the most consistent so it's weird that he's been this bad through the first 6 games. Hoping it's just an extreme outlier.

I was watching Lebron's "The Shop", and Dipo was on episode 2.

He talked about how in OKC, he sometimes let the outside noise get in his head and affect him, like looking at a reporter after he turned the ball over, wondering if they were gonna say something about him.

It may explain the %'s over the years, especially during free throws, because that's when everything stops and you have time to think.

Past 2 seasons he has always had an ugly  ft% slump but then finishes close to 80%

Personally I think it’s because he relies on his hops to get into a rhythm which is why his jumper seems so natural while he struggle from the line from time to time

You can sort of tell when he’s about to make a free throw, he exhales and just shoots with no tension. If he exaggerates the exhale or looks stiff, it probably isn’t going in.

C’mon Dipo, need for you to pick it up. Stop settling for jump shots and drive to the basket more. Your  “J” isn’t falling right now.

3 minutes ago, josheggers said:

What a joke tonight. Pacers apparently would rather have the ball in cory joseph and thad youngs hands

Proceeds to make 4 consecutive shots after posting this lol. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Popcorn stats are nice but if those stocks and fts don’t come back his value pluemmets. Cmon Dipo!!

Lol that's a wishful thinking. 

He's at best an early second rounder. 

Regression is real. 

Are you guys happy now? Are we gonna have whining and moaning in this thread every time Dipo has a slow start to the game?

23 minutes ago, heero78 said:

Lol that's a wishful thinking. 

He's at best an early second rounder. 

Regression is real. 

I mean, yea? I'd imagine most people drafted him around the turn, so if he returned early second round value that's probably fine.

Regression to what exactly? His fts are almost 25% below his career average. That's not regression.

• Like 1