Sign in to follow this  
lolcopter

Josh Allen 2018 Outlook

Just now, whatisfootball said:

No one's "marking out" to him. But for a guy that's supposed to be a bust he's looked far from it through two preseason games. Also I'm going to disregard the opinion of some that said he threw a "terrible interception last night" when he clearly didn't.

Thank you ... this place has turned into a black hole of people just copying and pasting their hot takes without actually watching games and/or thinking for themselves. 

Im not an Allen “fan”, but his physical talent is not even debatable. He can move, and his arm is as good as it gets. There’s a lot to actually work with, from a talent perspective - and his college supporting cast was a joke.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

You cant be serious! Look at Wentz's pedigree and look at Allen's. Not even close. Wentz's football IQ is off the charts, Bradyish type. Allen couldn't read Wyoming Community College's Defense.

People like you should not be allowed to give feedback. 

You're going to compare a 3rd year player to a guy who has played in parts of 2 preseason games? You can't make arguments like these and even think you're coming off as semi-knowledgeable about the topic at hand. 

5 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

You cant be serious! Look at Wentz's pedigree and look at Allen's. Not even close. Wentz's football IQ is off the charts, Bradyish type. Allen couldn't read Wyoming Community College's Defense.

Yes, one played for arguably one of the most awful teams in FBS, the other played for the best team in FCS. They both played crap opponents. You argued Allen should be judged by playing bad teams with no NFL talent, do you consider teams like Youngstown State or Indiana State to be superior talent to judge against?

9 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Thank you ... this place has turned into a black hole of people just copying and pasting their hot takes without actually watching games and/or thinking for themselves. 

Im not an Allen “fan”, but his physical talent is not even debatable. He can move, and his arm is as good as it gets. There’s a lot to actually work with, from a talent perspective - and his college supporting cast was a joke.

I seriously question the amount of people here that actually watch games or just read articles and box scores to form their opinions.

There are a ton of storylines in the NFL and there are some that just don't go away like...The Bills stink whether they have good players or not.  I don't see the trend changing this year with that squad.  Avoiding all things Bills, except for Clay...and later rounds.

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

You're going to compare a 3rd year player to a guy who has played in parts of 2 preseason games? You can't make arguments like these and even think you're coming off as semi-knowledgeable about the topic at hand. 

I can only imagine what he’s saying on this thread ... let me guess, Wentz is a demigod and Allen is garbage because of ____ (insert top google results of “Josh Allen weaknesses”) 

Embrace the ignore feature, I had to a long time ago. If Josh Allen was on the Eagles he’d be conducting a slurp fest regarding his unmatched physical attributes and uncoachable “gunslinger” mentality. 

4 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

I seriously question the amount of people here that actually watch games or just read articles and box scores to form their opinions.

Very, very few. My “ignore list” grows weekly ... you used to be able to actually discuss (reality) football on here too. 

Allen could definitely surprise me. But I've thought all along he was a major project and had no business being drafted in the 1st round. A lot of that had to do with recency bias with QB's drafted the last couple years.

Allen doesn't have the traits that I view as uncoachable. Anticipation and accuracy.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Seriously? Of course I can. I'm comparing both QB's coming out of college, going into season 1. You can't tell me that Carson Wentz wasn't light years ahead of Allen right out of the gate. Wentz's skillset was far beyond Allen's. That's why he was the #2 overall pick. Am I wrong with anything I just said?

8 minutes ago, Gauthmann44 said:

Man his O-Line isn't doing him any favors against Cincinnati. 

All Bills players on my DND list because the line is absolutely pathetic. 

Man, I have to draft the Ravens D just for this first round match-up alone.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Man, I have to draft the Ravens D just for this first round match-up alone.

giphy.gif

I hate drafting a defense before the 14th round, but an opening road date in Baltimore for a rook with a leaky o-line could spell a TON of fantasy points from the Baltimore defense.

• Like 1

It isn't just the OLine. The receivers are garbage and can't get open. McCoy wasn't playing today to open things up a tiny bit. And Allen looked oblivious facing the pass rush on most dropbacks and just ate the sack instead of extending the play. Nothing was going well. The entire Bills' offense looks rough.

10 minutes ago, devaster said:

It isn't just the OLine. The receivers are garbage and can't get open. McCoy wasn't playing today to open things up a tiny bit. And Allen looked oblivious facing the pass rush on most dropbacks and just ate the sack instead of extending the play. Nothing was going well. The entire Bills' offense looks rough.

Thats not a good situation for someone who already struggles with accuracy.

1 hour ago, South Carolina said:

Thats not a good situation for someone who already struggles with accuracy.

Josh Allen was quite a bit more accurate in college then Joe Montana look up the stats... just sayin

3 hours ago, Gauthmann44 said:

Man his O-Line isn't doing him any favors against Cincinnati. 

The Bills need to bring scumbag Richie Incognito back, the guy is clearly a monster and doesn’t belong anywhere other than a football field.

I started as a Nonbeliever but I have to say the kid is growing on me, I see a lot of Brett Favre in his game, Good Favre and Bad Favre...I'll be watching him closely this season.  

I picked him in a 2QB keeper league. I wasn’t expecting much this year but the poor guy is going to be destroyed before he’s useful in 2019 ?

45 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

So is he starting now with McCarron getting shipped to the Raiders?

McCarron was never seriously being considered as the starter. He was demoted to 3rd string prior to the trade.

Rotoworld hacks seem to think Allen deserves to start week 1, but Peterman has been pretty decent and has more experience. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him get the nod. Nothing official has been announced though.

Either way, I believe the Buffalo offense is going to be better than advertised. Those of you banking on the Ravens D week 1 will likely be disappointed. 

• Thanks 1

The bills have no o line and mediocre weapons. EVen in a 12 team 2 qb league this is a guy I would avoid. I rather give Sam Darnold a try. or Tanneyhill. I get that he has nice physical gifts but the only upside for him is when the bills are trailing behind in the 2nd half of blow outs he becomes a garbage time all star maybe? I just do not see anything good for him this year.