wendellrott

Alfred Morris 2018 Outlook

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:05 PM, dudewithabadcat said:

So...he is Gore 2.0?

Drake split carries with Williams last year until Williams broke his shoulder.

Gore and Drake will each get 10 carries and 5 targets per game.

Morris is a body on the bench.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:03 PM, kp96 said:

If you think McKinnon is going to flop, then you should take fliers on either Alf or Breida.  Breida is probably the better flier but who knows, Alf may have something left.  He did do well last year, although it was behind the Cowboys amazing o-line.

SF drafted their future LT and have him starting at RT this year.

Their line is solid.

5 hours ago, fourstar said:

Just listened to the interview and that isn't what really was said. They asked about the Baldinger tweet that was posted above and Lynch says he agrees with his assessment of Morris but didn't say anything about starting.

http://www.knbr.com/podcasts/

Starts at around 7:40 in

Thanks. Just listened and took it more as he agrees with Baldinger in that he looks really good. Lynch also talked about a change of pace back being a grinder in their system. Also mentioned how the holes were huge for Alf. 

So overall, I didn't take it as he was starting at all. But he should definitely be in the mix.

I'll be 100% honest. He looked pretty solid in the preseason game but I can't imagine he starts of Jet or Breida. Its entirely possible he is inactive most games until someone gets hurt with Mostert getting the edge on special teams. 

at this point he is a depth for SF, someone we should all be keeping an eye on and should be following all developments with Breida and McKinnon.  if you have a deep bench stash him.  but for most with modest bench sizes it is a wait and see.  we could be looking at a potential starting RB2 that you can get for free if the injuries to Breida and McKinnon become an issue going into the season

8 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

McKinnon hurt 

breida questionable 

Morris time?

Isn’t breida more of a pass catcher? Feel like Morris is the guy we want

Just now, Panthers8912 said:

standard or ppr

feel like Breida is the guy in ppr and feel like he's just a better player than Morris

1 minute ago, Panthers8912 said:

Breida 190lbs......nuff said

7 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

standard or ppr

feel like Breida is the guy in ppr and feel like he's just a better player than Morris

yeah but the difference between breida's ADP after this jerick news gets around, and then alf's adp, gonna be a chasm there IMO

2 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Morris isn't good though

When he got opportunity in Dallas he looked like he still had some gas in the tank, just wasn’t better than Rod Smith.

2 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

yeah but the difference between breida's ADP after this jerick news gets around, and then alf's adp, gonna be a chasm there IMO

Not at all.  If McK is truly out for a while-  all bets are off.    They might want Breida to stay in that receiving role since Alf isn’t good at it.   

My moneys on Alf for the main role.  It just makes better sense 

Edited by Impreza178

11 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Morris isn't good though

He averged a higher YPC than Zeke last season facing a higher stacked box %. 

Also Morris is an absolute perfect fit for Shannys outside zone blocking scheme. 

I've taken him in all my leauges with McKinnon healthy. I'd have no problem taking him in the 7th round if McKinnon is out for a while.

Hes going to be an absolute steal. 

Edited by Jj66
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why are people so down on Morris?

If he was strictly depth, they would of played him in the final preseason game.

if he sucks, tell me how he rushed for 1600 yards then 1200 (with a limp QB) the year after? Both these seasons were with Shanny.

He honestly only had 3 full seasons in his career. So his legs are pretty fresh.

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1035992562216194050

Ace beat reporter @MaioccoNBCS suggests Alfred Morris is now likely to open season as #49ers starting running back with Matt Breida "likely to be the backup." https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-fearful-rb-jerick-mckinnon-sustained-season-ending-knee-injury 

Edited by Joe Odam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1035992562216194050

Ace beat reporter @MaioccoNBCS suggests Alfred Morris is now likely to open season as #49ers starting running back with Matt Breida "likely to be the backup." https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-fearful-rb-jerick-mckinnon-sustained-season-ending-knee-injury 

Boom just like that. Morris was going to take alot of early down work even with a healthy McKinnon. Rock solid RB2. Lets go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmoney0111 said:

McKinnon owner, ran to the wire scooped up Morris as soon I saw the news. Happy I have Chris Carson, Sony Michel and Dion Lewis on my bench as depth. 

Morris is a downgrade, but at least you got him.  Breida will probably take the passing down role.

I figured McKinnon wouldn’t make it through the season, but I feel bad for McKinnon owners.  I hate it when players go down before the season even starts...  this is why I draft 4 RBs every year, even if I can only start 2.

• Like 1

If Morris gets the starting role and 15-17 touches a game, he could be a steal this year, albeit due to the unfortunate McKinnon injury...

Morris still has it though...Averaged 4.8 YPC last season with Dallas..

In the games in which he was given 10 carries or more, he never once rushed for anything less than 53 yards.

I think given a 15-17 carry workload, we could see a lot of "17-80-0" lines.

ps. the 1 game in which he was given 20+ carries, he threw up a 27-127-1 line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Morris is a downgrade, but at least you got him.  Breida will probably take the passing down role.

I figured McKinnon wouldn’t make it through the season, but I feel bad for McKinnon owners.  I hate it when players go down before the season even starts...  this is why I draft 4 RBs every year, even if I can only start 2.

I was going to take Alex Collins over him. I knew he wasn’t going to last long but did not expect him to go down this early. Hopefully it’s nothing bad but the  again non contact injuries always the worst.

44 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Morris isn't good though

sf is and breida is too small. i will definitely have morris on my team, and I'll drop him for the next guy sf signs if he can't get the job done.