ozark

O.J. Howard 2018 Outlook

Yea either way it sounds like Brate is the person to pick up if you're a Howard owner. Such a shame, on the last play of the game as well!

edit He just got put on IR ending his season

Edited by potatoetree

TB beat writer:

Bucs TE OJ Howard will be placed on injured reserve with foot and ankle injuries.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1064988724231049216

edit: and a bleacher report update just came out and said the same thing

Edited by Tyler Durden

How do you go from good news to the IR?

Is the good news that you don't have to play for the Bucs for the rest of the year?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Yeah just saw on Yahoo he’s IR. Picking up Brate. O.J. owner didn’t handcuff him like I would have coming off the prior injury. It sucks I’ll have to carry three TEs though just to keep away from other playoff teams who need a TE.

Man.  This dude has been killing it for me with Gronk being down this year.  Best of luck all you OJ owners trying to grab Brate... 

The same report that said he was looking for a second opinion? That was all the warning anyone should need...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

The same report that said he was looking for a second opinion? That was all the warning anyone should need...

Couldn't agree more - the words "second opinion" are among the worst you can hear as a fantasy owner.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah just saw on Yahoo he’s IR. Picking up Brate. O.J. owner didn’t handcuff him like I would have coming off the prior injury. It sucks I’ll have to carry three TEs though just to keep away from other playoff teams who need a TE.

yes, cuffing TE's is a highly celebrated strategy <_<

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

yes, cuffing TE's is a highly celebrated strategy <_<

It isn’t but when you have a Doyle/Ebron or OJ/Brate it is. After Doyle went down I had to get Ebron. Not like if I dropped Ebron he’d sit on waivers. I guess my comment was enough to fit your narrative for a comment, like I’m going to cuff every TE out there. There was reason to do it for Doyle and Juice, especially with the current state of the TE position.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

It isn’t but when you have a Doyle/Ebron or OJ/Brate it is. After Doyle went down I had to get Ebron. Not like if I dropped Ebron he’d sit on waivers. I guess my comment was enough to fit your narrative for a comment, like I’m going to cuff every TE out there. There was reason to do it for Doyle and Juice, especially with the current state of the TE position.

just busting your nuggets dude

• Like 1

I guess the Bucs medical staff is as good as the Mets, they said it was minor, it was up to Howard to get a 2nd opinion

LMAO

as soon as i drop burton, reed and engram and finally settle on 1 TE (because holding more than 1 is stupid right???), he gets hurt

never again. dude is frail as gronk

2 hours ago, thejosef said:

Man.  This dude has been killing it for me with Gronk being down this year.  Best of luck all you OJ owners trying to grab Brate... 

brate is trash

OJ is 500% more talented and was impossibly efficient with his targets

Just now, FritzLn said:

brate is trash

OK - but you're still grabbing him if you owned OJ.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Nah this is the worst type of after-the-fact “I told you so!” fantasy analysis.  It’s easy to be right after they play the games and the injuries happen. The reality is that while OJ was a solid fantasy peformer at a weak position, at the end of the day he gave us 10 points most weeks and his production didn’t justify wasting a roster spot just in case he got injured.

Rostering Brate, who did nothing while Howard was healthy, meant you couldn’t pick up a guy like Aaron Jones.  Who would you rather have on your roster right now?

It’s like saying it was worth rostering Lamar Jackson all season in case something happened to Flacco.

Edited by eg4190
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

brate is trash

I guarantee Brate scores more than that uber talented OJ Howard ROS. So there's that.

Edited by noles1983
  • Like 1

I am going to seriously lobby for changing the te spot we have to TE / wr spot. This is ridiculous with the tight end crap. It’s not even fair if someone owns ertz and Kelce at this point. Legit 10 ppg advantage and consistency usually.

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I am going to seriously lobby for changing the te spot we have to TE / wr spot. This is ridiculous with the tight end crap. It’s not even fair if someone owns ertz and Kelce at this point. Legit 10 ppg advantage and consistency usually.

Disagree. Owners that own ertz/kelce had to pay the piper for that, creating opportunities for other owners for the players these elite TE owners passed up.

Let the market do its thing and play the market.

19 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

Nah this is the worst type of after-the-fact “I told you so!” fantasy analysis.  It’s easy to be right after they play the games and the injuries happen. The reality is that while OJ was a solid fantasy peformer at a weak position, at the end of the day he gave us 10 points most weeks and his production didn’t justify wasting a roster spot just in case he got injured.

Rostering Brate, who did nothing while Howard was healthy, meant you couldn’t pick up a guy like Aaron Jones.  Who would you rather have on your roster right now?

It’s like saying it was worth rostering Lamar Jackson all season in case something happened to Flacco.

Bringing up Lamar Jackson is comical. Even comparing the QB pool to the TE pool is comical. Apples and oranges. Ebron has been a proven guy in the league. Doyle proven. Brate proven. OJ proven. When Doyle got injured I dropped him for Ebron. When Doyle came back I claimed him off waivers. Others put in claims for him too, which tells you just how desperate people are. TEs with injuries aren’t like WRs and RBs. You probably keep a good amount of WRs and RBs on your bench, even though the WR is the deepest position in fantasy. TE you typically keep one. Same with QB. But in leagues where a lot of teams are rostering two TEs because the position is so shallow is just the intelligent thing to do, whether you want to admit it or not. The fact of the matter is O.J. was already dealing with a knee injury before this ankle injury. So yeah, riding dirty was ultimately not very smart. It’s not after-the-fact at all. Any of the other TEs I would have just kept a decent backup like Vance, just in case. This year it is the smart thing to do. But eh, to each his own. You would just do things differently than I would. 

Edited by FitzMagic