ozark

O.J. Howard 2018 Outlook

Just now, oresteszero said:

Anyone starting Howard with confidence ROS? 

I wish I had him over Olsen this week so I would

2 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

With about as much confidence as any tightend not in the top 3.  I traded Reed this week (not that he has been any good) and plan on going with Howard ROS.

I'm a Burton owner that's upset that I missed out on getting Howard off waivers this weekend.    Burton has had a solid floor but he's TD dependent.  I think OJ is gonna be a top tier TE by the end of the season

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Luckystrike7 said:

I'm a Burton owner that's upset that I missed out on getting Howard off waivers this weekend.    Burton has had a solid floor but he's TD dependent.  I think OJ is gonna be a top tier TE by the end of the season

I’m a Burton owner too and completely disagree about the solid floor.  He’s averaging less than 5 targets per game.  He’s touchdown dependent just to be serviceable.   

Good example of talent overcoming a seemingly unfavorable situation (Winston throws to Brate).  Keep doing that over time and you will eventually be right.

Why does everyone say jameis loves brate? He had 2 targets. Howard gets a lot more snaps and even though brate is getting more red zone snaps eventually the coaches have to realize they should put the huge Goliath in there.

Edited by ellie826

5 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Yep.  Finally giving up on Jordan Reed for this guy and not looking back.

16 hours ago, K197040 said:

I’m a Burton owner too and completely disagree about the solid floor.  He’s averaging less than 5 targets per game.  He’s touchdown dependent just to be serviceable.   

Yeah i could have phrased that better...I meant he's been scoring a decent amount of points each week but that's due to him getting TDs.  His targets/ yardage are frustrating.   OJ is only gonna get better/more involved in offense as the season progresses IMO

16 hours ago, K197040 said:

Another Burton owner checking in.  Super TD dependent and few targets.  Jamis historically loves his TEs, and Trubisky seems to favor his WRs.  Picked up Howard and semi-confidently dropping burton

Edited by SuperMarksBros.

24 minutes ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

Another Burton owner checking in.  Super TD dependent and few targets.  Jamis historically loves his TEs, and Trubisky seems to favor his WRs.  Picked up Howard and semi-confidently dropping burton

With the TE position the way it is this year, why on Earth would you drop Burton...I’d find a way to keep both

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

With the TE position the way it is this year, why on Earth would you drop Burton...I’d find a way to keep both

I'm not carrying 2-4 targets on my bench, especially during bye weeks.  TD regression will eventually make Burton useless.  I'd rather pick up  CJ Osumah or even keep an eye out for Jared Cook who's on bye and possibly dropped due to his last couple of bad weeks.  Heck I'd rather handcuff Howard to Brate at this point than carry Burton

Edited by SuperMarksBros.

Anyone think he is good enough to flex in ppr? Have him and Kelce and he can help over bye weeks

2 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

Anyone think he is good enough to flex in ppr? Have him and Kelce and he can help over bye weeks

wrong forum.

Ideally no, not many TE's I would flex, but of course depends on your options.

I would argue not wrong forum. More of a ranking question. Does so.eone like Howard have value in the flex spot as a tight end or would it be better to trade him for a wr

5 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

I would argue not wrong forum. More of a ranking question. Does so.eone like Howard have value in the flex spot as a tight end or would it be better to trade him for a wr

I agree with you this is OK to post in here.

And my answer would be "no" - not in PPR. He makes big plays out of relatively few targets. 

That of course is subject to change if he consistently gets 6+ targets per game. He's gone 6+ once this season. In standard, yes, PPR no.

i have howard, burton, and kittle.....drafted howard in my rookie draft last year. kept him on my dynasty team. drafted burton this year in redraft for the same team. picked up kittle before wk 1 as a freeagent. no one drafted him and i live in iowa so have been a fan a few years and picked him up for $1. keeping him too. can use all 3 of these guys as a flex easy.

3 hours ago, CanaBuc said:

I have been going back and forth on flexing Howard this week (I have Njoku as my TE) over guys like Jordan Howard, C. Davis, and Ito Smith. I think with his yardage floor and TD upside (he's a good bet to score almost every game w Winston at the helm) he's definitely in the flex conversation. I think it depends on your league - in a PPR I would assume you can get more production from a wire WR in your flex on any given week, but in a standard league his floor of about 7 and a ceiling of 17 makes him a live play, depending on your bench of course.

He was only in on 52% of snaps this week when his lowest was 65%(besides the week he got injured) so maybe he is on a snap count and will hopefully see his snaps and targets go up going forward.

11 hours ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

I'm not carrying 2-4 targets on my bench, especially during bye weeks.  TD regression will eventually make Burton useless.  I'd rather pick up  CJ Osumah or even keep an eye out for Jared Cook who's on bye and possibly dropped due to his last couple of bad weeks.  Heck I'd rather handcuff Howard to Brate at this point than carry Burton

So...OJ had four targets last week.

And for those wondering about Brate, Winston loved him last year - targeted the heck out of him.

6 hours ago, BMcP said:

So...OJ had four targets last week.

And for those wondering about Brate, Winston loved him last year - targeted the heck out of him.

Yes...4 targets, Brate had 1.  First game back from injury, coming back very early.  

4 targets is about what Burton can expect weekly.

"jameis loves brate"

Brate teased in Week 6 by beating Falcons WLB De’Vondre Campbell for an early 15-yard score, only to go target-less the rest of the way. Brate’s 33% snap rate was his second lowest of the season. He will need a significant Howard injury for fantasy viability. 

• Haha 1

As a Bucs fan, I’m glad OJ is seeing plenty of opportunity this year. He’s a freak. 

Had a bad drop today, but good to see Jameis looking his way often (9 targets today). Bucs have no run game, so Jameis should throw 40+ times mostly every game. 

Think he will end up as TE1 (I hope lol). 

Love the analysts: "low-end TE1"..."Not enough targets." blah blah blah

Dude catches everything and his YAC is second to none. He only needs 4-6 targets a game to deliver. 

59 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Love the analysts: "low-end TE1"..."Not enough targets." blah blah blah

Dude catches everything and his YAC is second to none. He only needs 4-6 targets a game to deliver. 

He "delivered" 6+ points in a supposedly good matchup.

He had 9 targets to "deliver" his WW TE points. 

• Sad 1