flippy

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

what you guys think of buckets this season?  more of the same.  crazy good when he's playing.  

rank 10 per bbm @ 59 games played.

Yeah but he always goes on long runs of injury, sort of like Blake Griffin.

I wouldn't draft him at fair valuation due to that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

And here we go gif......

"a list of 1-3 teams" ? Does that mean 1 team or 3 teams? very strange way of phrasing that.

I wonder how quickly a deal gets done and what happens with Thibs as well

Its probably the Celtics, Lakers, and Sixers as the three teams.  Personally I hope he goes to the Sixers

But honestly tho, I am starting to wonder if Jimmy is a headache and bad chemistry guy to have on the team....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

My guess is Celtics.

If I was Boston tho, I wouldn't do it.  I would roll with what I have.  They have a real shot at making the finals and are one big four Warrior injury away from having a legitimate shot at beating them and winning the championship. Honestly I would rather have the depth than have to trade Jaylen, Rozier, etc.

8 minutes ago, andyz said:

Kuzma and Hart for Jimmy

The T-Wolves would be stupid to take that deal - that is not enough.

Just now, Tekno Team 2000 said:

If I was Boston tho, I wouldn't do it.  I would roll with what I have.  They have a real shot at making the finals and are one big four Warrior injury away from having a legitimate shot at beating them and winning the championship. Honestly I would rather have the depth than have to trade Jaylen, Rozier, etc.

The T-Wolves would be stupid to take that deal - that is not enough.

considering he's leaving for nothing I'd disagree. History shows that Minnesota will lose whichever deal they accept.

KCP + Ingram makes more sense financially as those contracts would be close to balancing out.

If I am an NBA team, Jimmy Butler would be one of the last "star" players I would trade for. He is 29. He has a long history of injury. It is actually shocking how many games he misses every single year. If you trade for him you are maxing him out throughout his entire decline. No thanks. If Jimmy gets max money and years that will be the contract that his new team looks back on and points to the time when the franchise went into decline, probably as early as 2 years into the deal. Seriously, when is the NBA going to realize that you shouldn't max out these stars through their decline. How many Albert Pujols-esque contracts will it take before the NBA learns? 

• Like 1

The Nets, Knicks and Clips are Butlers list of 3. 

3 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

But honestly tho, I am starting to wonder if Jimmy is a headache and bad chemistry guy to have on the team....

I just think he's just tired of KAT and Wiggins not putting in the effort, especially on defense. This was stirring last year. Add a raging lunatic ( Thibodeau ) who has an extreme disregard for using a NBA bench, that was enough to get out of there.

2 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Yeah...

I'm seeing Celtics fans saying no. If they didn't want Kawhi, why Butler...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FantasyBallFan said:

considering he's leaving for nothing I'd disagree. History shows that Minnesota will lose whichever deal they accept.

KCP + Ingram makes more sense financially as those contracts would be close to balancing out.

Doesn't want to go to the Lakers.....

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The Knicks seem like the ideal choice. 

2 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

I don't know, the Bulls are looking really quality with Lauri, LaVine, and Dunn and they were in the position of the Wolves 1 year ago. 

not mentioning Lakers seems like a smoke screen.  What do the Knicks have that would help MIN?  Frank?  Courtney Lee?  Knicks give up a first in a year where they wont compete?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Doesn't want to go to the Lakers.....

There are reports on this?

1 minute ago, andyz said:

not mentioning Lakers seems like a smoke screen.  What do the Knicks have that would help MIN?  Frank?  Courtney Lee?  Knicks give up a first in a year where they wont compete?  

Trading away a very promising young player in Ntilikina who already shown he can be a lockdown defender would be so Knicks.

Just now, dekciw_1 said:

There are reports on this?

Yes, it's linked above.... he gave Minny his preferred destination.  Let's see if Thibs just sends him wherever.

• Like 1