flippy

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Is this guy worth trading for? Got someone looking for a package involving Beal. Are you guys looking to move him or holding on?

I know this is a borderline Assistant Coach question but I’m curious what you owners think of this guy. He’s had some big games and his upside if he gets traded is appealing. But honestly going through this thread has given me doubts haha.

I own him in one of my leagues and if another GM asked if I wanted to trade then I would listen for sure.

We don't know how long ownership is going to keep this up.

We don't know how many games Jimmy will "rest" if he's not traded.

I think wherever he goes he's still going to put up solid stats all around. Even in Houston. My only concern is when/if Minny decides to trade him. I can't see them keeping him until deadline, but with the circus that's going on you never know. 

10 hours ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Really?..sanction?..No respect for his teammates and Franchise!!

Wow, that is absolutely ridiculous.  When will someone on this team step up and confront him?  Or when will the organization sack up and suspend him indefinitely.

Honestly, they're going to have to come to terms with the fact that keeping him on this team is becoming a net negative. He's trolling now.

The only reason he's still on this roster is because Minnesota realizes that they're never going to get equal value for him. And the more he trolls, openly, the more teams will low ball them knowing that their desperation to remove him has to only increase as the nonsense increases.

Minnesota, essentially, is going to have to throw int he towel and accept a low ball offer, or in Houston's case, an offer to admit they're half rebuilding again. That is a hard pill to swallow for team that has been rebuilding and stocking talent for as long as they have. 

• Like 2

They need to just let this guy rot on the bench for home games and not play him at all.  He would look like a complete fool just sitting there.  Maybe put him in for the last minute of blow outs.

• Like 5

If he gets swapped with gordon and those picks.. What kind of numbers do you guys think he could put up in Houston?

3 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

They need to just let this guy rot on the bench for home games and not play him at all.  He would look like a complete fool just sitting there.  Maybe put him in for the last minute of blow outs.

I like the idea concerning the garbage time....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

the problem is the coach. he keeps playing him. he plays when he wants to play. he trolls his teammates. if this is the old skool nba, he would be decked, thats for sure.

dont play him or suspend his a**. man, bledsoe was sent home just for a tweet last year with the suns. 

I own him in one of my money leagues but right now I dont care if they sit him. he deserves it, bunch of pussies of teammates, matt barnes would have kicked his a** already

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big_Man said:

If he gets swapped with gordon and those picks.. What kind of numbers do you guys think he could put up in Houston?

He'd still put up good numbers but I'd imagine the PTS and AST take a slight hit playing with Harden and CP3.  Still a top-25 guy IMO

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

He managed to beat the starting lineup with a bunch of third stringers during that infamous practice... What are the chances he sparks a mini comeback in garbage time while they're getting blown out? :mellow:

It's just such a shame that he's taken such a heel turn this year, cuz the dude can still ball. Minny needs to fire Thibbs and try to salvage the Miami deal, because a package including Josh Richardson is actually pretty good return, all things considered.

4 minutes ago, BoogieNights said:

He'd still put up good numbers but I'd imagine the PTS and AST take a slight hit playing with Harden and CP3.  Still a top-25 guy IMO

yea the efficiency would be stupid good in FG%, still a FT% booster, defense still amazing, and still over 20 ppg imo

1 hour ago, SirMixalot said:

a package including Josh Richardson is actually pretty good return, all things considered.

Actually, it is probably better than any deal they can get now. Richardson plus four 1sts could maybe possibly max out at Richardson and one first today. They were insanely stupid and suicidal not to take that deal. What could they have possibly been thinking?

Butler at this point is a per-game stud but compiled stats shackles.

12 minutes ago, rando said:

Actually, it is probably better than any deal they can get now. Richardson plus four 1sts could maybe possibly max out at Richardson and one first today. They were insanely stupid and suicidal not to take that deal. What could they have possibly been thinking?

Butler at this point is a per-game stud but compiled stats shackles.

Miami didn't offer JRich and 4 firsts. Houston offered 4 firsts.

miami offered i think richardson, corpse of waiters and a 1st rounder. it was agreed upon but last minute thibs ask for a "sweetener". riley told him off and ended the deal.

that was i heard/read.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, flippy said:

miami offered i think richardson, corpse of waiters and a 1st rounder. it was agreed upon but last minute thibs ask for a "sweetener". riley told him off and ended the deal.

that was i heard/read.

Still a lot better than what they have right now, which is the corpse of Jimmy Butler

50 minutes ago, flippy said:

that was i heard/read.

Lol at the Waiters diss.

He's not that bad of a player. Remember that 30-11 stretch? He was the driving force. He just have glass ankles. Can't control that. 

7 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Thought Adam Silver was gonna start fining these teams that rest players :angry:

This clearly isn't a team decision.

59 minutes ago, Boner said:

55B298A4-61F8-4D8B-940D-16C85F302B0A.jpeg

General Soreness. That’s what i’ll name my team thursday once my Jimmy Butler trade gets processed.lol

• Haha 2

I don't think this is as simple as Jimmy Butler getting dealt. I really think the owner is trying to rid the Dieng contract with Butler while getting some assets in return. The Wolves will probably exhaust those options because Dieng is so overpaid that they have to try. It isn't like they will get another chance to dump that contract since they really only have KAT as an asset that it can be baked into a deal with. This franchise definitely knows it is staring at a rebuild. I also wonder if they are holding Teague out to try and boost the value of Tyus to be included as a sweetener to lessen the sting of Dieng. This franchise really has one shot at kickstarting their rebuild and the standings are looking a little surprising. A couple more weeks or games and who knows what the deal with the Wizards will be. Utah might get desperate. And I never count out the Kings doing something irrational/unorthodox. I would guess there are a lot of factors being weighed, especially for an owner that is cheap af. 

To everyone saying the Wolves lose leverage everyday that they don't make a deal I still say the rebuttal to the Heat and Rockets is to look at the standings and their roster and their need for Jimmy becomes very clear. The Sixers are playing themselves into the teams desperate to make a move as well. Wizards, Utah, Kings, etc. Pressure and leverage works both ways and you just need to find the angle to pin it on your trade partner. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I don't think this is as simple as Jimmy Butler getting dealt. I really think the owner is trying to rid the Dieng contract with Butler while getting some assets in return. The Wolves will probably exhaust those options because Dieng is so overpaid that they have to try. It isn't like they will get another chance to dump that contract since they really only have KAT as an asset that it can be baked into a deal with. This franchise definitely knows it is staring at a rebuild. I also wonder if they are holding Teague out to try and boost the value of Tyus to be included as a sweetener to lessen the sting of Dieng. This franchise really has one shot at kickstarting their rebuild and the standings are looking a little surprising. A couple more weeks or games and who knows what the deal with the Wizards will be. Utah might get desperate. And I never count out the Kings doing something irrational/unorthodox. I would guess there are a lot of factors being weighed, especially for an owner that is cheap af. 

To everyone saying the Wolves lose leverage everyday that they don't make a deal I still say the rebuttal to the Heat and Rockets is to look at the standings and their roster and their need for Jimmy becomes very clear. The Sixers are playing themselves into the teams desperate to make a move as well. Wizards, Utah, Kings, etc. Pressure and leverage works both ways and you just need to find the angle to pin it on your trade partner. 

I'd like to see a butler for porter trade :D