flippy

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

12 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I'd like to see a butler for porter trade :D

T'Wolves would have to include Tyrus or Okogie in that trade for the salaries to work. Thibs definitely won't do that.

This guy is ridiculous.  Keeps saying guys have no drive.  He's the one who is not even playing games and acting like a child now.  The truth is he is unable to be a leader because he's a total jerk and unable to get along with his teammates (other teams too).  Good player yes.  But then doesn't matter if you can't make your team better on a championship level.  Thibs loves hard nosed guys, and he's enabling Butler to be even worse in his antics.  Just play him four minutes a game. one minute each quarter at center.  

5 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

This guy is ridiculous.  Keeps saying guys have no drive.  He's the one who is not even playing games and acting like a child now.  The truth is he is unable to be a leader because he's a total jerk and unable to get along with his teammates (other teams too).  Good player yes.  But then doesn't matter if you can't make your team better on a championship level.  Thibs loves hard nosed guys, and he's enabling Butler to be even worse in his antics.  Just play him four minutes a game. one minute each quarter at center.  

thibs wont do that to him.  he's his boy or scared of him lol.  could've drafted someone else but we held our draft early before he demanded a trade.

2 hours ago, seeL said:

General Soreness. That’s what i’ll name my team thursday once my Jimmy Butler trade gets processed.lol

What was the trade? Was offered butler for my prince and Hield (both cheap keepers)

10 minutes ago, jayreyd said:

What was the trade? Was offered butler for my prince and Hield (both cheap keepers)

nah if that's the offer keep Butler. I own Kawhi and Butler in the same league, and these 2 guys are killing me. I have to tune in to rotoworld every time just to know when they will sit. Pls Taylor, end this drama already and trade this prima donna, he is not doing your team any favors anyway! You know what, if this guy suits up in a home game and gets hurt badly, I wouldn't be surprised to see half of the home fans cheer. I am not wishing for this to happen, just saying how big of an *$$ he has been.

12 minutes ago, a-rob said:

nah if that's the offer keep Butler. I own Kawhi and Butler in the same league, and these 2 guys are killing me. I have to tune in to rotoworld every time just to know when they will sit. Pls Taylor, end this drama already and trade this prima donna, he is not doing your team any favors anyway! You know what, if this guy suits up in a home game and gets hurt badly, I wouldn't be surprised to see half of the home fans cheer. I am not wishing for this to happen, just saying how big of an *$$ he has been.

i_hug_that_feel.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jayreyd said:

Was offered Porter. Hard to resist that despite the drama. Owner’s got a young team. Trade just got processed. 

For Prince and Hield, i’ll take Butler.

Edited by seeL

1 hour ago, seeL said:

Was offered Porter. Hard to resist that despite the drama. Owner’s got a young team. Trade just got processed. 

For Prince and Hield, i’ll take Butler.

Good luck to You. Got headache off my head. I really liked the guy not so long ago but his latest actions just made me wanna put him into coma. You r competing and for me its just another year.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LuckyLukas said:

Good luck to You. Got headache off my head. I really liked the guy not so long ago but his latest actions just made me wanna put him into coma. You r competing and for me its just another year.

Yeah he is a headache. But i’ll take my chances with him. I put him otb tho, if i can get a great return, i’ll trade him.

23 minutes ago, seeL said:

Yeah he is a headache. But i’ll take my chances with him. I put him otb tho, if i can get a great return, i’ll trade him.

kind of risks you need to take if you want to win your league

• Like 1

Anyone watch the Duke game last night? They interviewed Tyus Jones in the stands (his brother Tre is a freshman at Duke) and apparently Jimmy chartered a private jet to fly to Indiana so that Tyus could watch the game live. They play tonight in LA. Tyus said that Jimmy was "his guy" and that Jimmy was very selfless for his teammates.

What a roller coaster... Jimmy's trolling game is a sight to behold.

• Like 2

Guy requested a trade and Minnesota was brain-dead enough to reject Miami's offer. What is the guy supposed to do? I would also be pulling whatever levers I could to induce the team to trade me. To just be a company guy and play the season out would be giving Minnesota what they want and reduce their desire to trade him. 

Look at his per game averages, then add replacement value for the games he has missed. He is a first rounder once you do that, most likely. Unless you paid full freight pre-demand, you're even or better on your investment. Perceived fantasy trade value probably too low to peddle him unless he gets hot through this non B2B stretch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rando said:

Guy requested a trade and Minnesota was brain-dead enough to reject Miami's offer. What is the guy supposed to do? I would also be pulling whatever levers I could to induce the team to trade me. To just be a company guy and play the season out would be giving Minnesota what they want and reduce their desire to trade him. 

He is under contract though. Set it up he only gets paid for games played and a certain amount of production on a per game basis. Put some of the onus on the player to get paid for the year. The way this plays out now Butler gets paid no matter what just doesn't seem right.

So the Wolfs should have just accepted an offer they received without exploring more options either from that team or any other team? In the real world, or in fantasy for that matter, doesn't seem like a good way of trading. 

20 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

The T'Wolves are nothing without him. Won't even sniff the playoffs for awhile again.

Towns and Wiggins are too busy playing Fortnite or whatever that video game is called...

15 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

He is under contract though. Set it up he only gets paid for games played and a certain amount of production on a per game basis. Put some of the onus on the player to get paid for the year. The way this plays out now Butler gets paid no matter what just doesn't seem right.

So the Wolfs should have just accepted an offer they received without exploring more options either from that team or any other team? In the real world, or in fantasy for that matter, doesn't seem like a good way of trading. 

They should have accepted any deal starting with josh rich and bam and a 1st... That is a haul! And the issue of team unity is gone. But this is the wolves run by thibs and he wanted to push dieng's bloated deal onto them. They're never going to get another offer like that

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

They should have accepted any deal starting with josh rich and bam and a 1st... That is a haul! And the issue of team unity is gone. But this is the wolves run by thibs and he wanted to push dieng's bloated deal onto them. They're never going to get another offer like that

So they shouldn't have tried to get rid of Dieng? Seems rather foolish to me? I get offered something in baseball at first I always want more in a counter offer (used baseball as never done a trade in basketball). If Stanton wanted a trade so the Marlins just accepted the first offer they got from one of the teams he wanted to go play for?

The issue of team unity was gone the day that Butler slammed the team, teammates, and pouted about the extension he had been offered.

Just asking as basketball is not the sport I really care about. I play till baseball starts again the Spring  Just trying to understand the dynamics here as last year it was Bledsoe, I think that wanted to be traded. It seems to me the inmates are running the asylum. 

Edited by Low and Away

1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

Thibs' master plan is to get everything from his former players, run them into the ground :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rando said:

Look at his per game averages, then add replacement value for the games he has missed. He is a first rounder once you do that, most likely. Unless you paid full freight pre-demand, you're even or better on your investment. Perceived fantasy trade value probably too low to peddle him unless he gets hot through this non B2B stretch.

You kind of give up your right to demand a trade when you sign a contract. If he wanted to demand where he wanted to go, he should of become a free agent and signed where ever he damn well wanted.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

You can tell a team I wont stay around after this contract, but be an adult about it do your god damn job that you are getting paid to do, and the team will do what suits them. You don't throw all your toys out the cot like a baby.

6 minutes ago, subwayJ said:

You kind of give up your right to demand a trade when you sign a contract. If he wanted to demand where he wanted to go, he should of become a free agent and signed where ever he damn well wanted.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

You can tell a team I wont stay around after this contract, but be an adult about it do your god damn job that you are getting paid to do, and the team will do what suits them. You don't throw all your toys out the cot like a baby.

tell that to all the other guys that stayed professional or even worse, loyal to their teams then later proceeded to get f by the teams...nah, f that s---, demand whatever the hell you want, hes still desirable by almost every team in the league except maybe warriors, they are the only ones that dont need him and cant fit him on their squad

Edited by L3onD

The Twolves GM decisions have been incredibly stupid.  They passed over Jamal Murray and Buddy Hield for Kris Dunn, then packaged Dunn and Lavine with the pick that ended up being Markkanen to get a 1 year rental on Jimmy Butler.  Imagine Teague, Wiggins, Lavine, Hield, Markkanen, and Towns all on the same team.  This is after years of passing on players like DeMarcus Cousins and Steph Curry for players like Ricky Rubio, Derrick Williams, and Wesley Johnson.  At this point I don't expect anything positive from their front office, even with Thibs at the helm.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Tbf he was traded from the Bulls to the Wolves 

1 hour ago, L3onD said:

tell that to all the other guys that stayed professional or even worse, loyal to their teams then later proceeded to get f by the teams...nah, f that s---, demand whatever the hell you want, hes still desirable by almost every team in the league except maybe warriors, they are the only ones that dont need him and cant fit him on their squad

1) His contract dictates he can be traded.

2) I agree he should look after him self, demand what he wants, not sugar coat anything.

3) He can work within in his contract, dictate where he wants to go, do what ever he likes (with in the contract he signed) with out being a bell end.

You can't take the money, and also want the right to demand where you play. You can take the money, give it your all (which I think he does on the court) and tell the team you don't intend to stay, honor your contract then move once it expires. Thats the whole point of a contract.

Flip it the other way, and imagine it the wolves decided not to pay him for games he was injured or something like that, it wouldn't be fair.

Don't sign a contract of you don't intend to honor it.

Edited by subwayJ
Spelling