flippy

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Is Simmons the best facilitator that Jimmy has had in his career? 76ers have got to be close to the best destination for him especially sending their best defensive wing away... 

• Like 1

Damn the East is looking pretty interesting at the top now with Toronto, Philly, Boston and Milwaukee all looking noice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JStyles said:

Damn the East is looking pretty interesting at the top now with Toronto, Philly, Boston and Milwaukee all looking noice.

Besides GSW, the east is looking much stronger now 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

who's gonna space the floor for them now? hmm

JJ redick,lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

DrqV4QsVYAAM9Sw.jpg

Chartered a jet for Tyus Jones but only took a cab out of Minny! He must be in a real hurry to get away.lol

Edited by seeL
  • Like 2

Great situation for him to land, (option 1b) he can’t call out Embiid for being a heartless softy either so he has no choice but to shut up and produce

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I love this trade for the Sixers in real life ( A LOT!!!! ) but I bet both Butler and Simmons' value just dropped 10-20 spots overall, maybe more.

Embiid is gonna get his, by any means and he deserves it, but ball-dominant young guys tend to have friction with Butler, not only on the court, but off.  It's in Butler's best interest to not ruffle any feathers after doing so with the last 2 team he's played on, but inevitably, there will be some drama in Philly.  Even with that drama if they can be cordial, and we give them some time to gel, they're going to be a force for the rest of the NBA.  Like scary good, for a long time.  I'm a Celtics fan, and I'm ready for war against Toronto in the playoffs, now I'm bracing for the same with these boys.

Simmons seems so confident in himself that he'll share play-making responsibilities ( following Curry's lead when GS brought in Durant) but Ben wants to be a Lebron like player and figure.  If I owned either Simmons or Butler, I'd be shopping them around for a top 10-20 player with top 10 upside, who started slow, injured or at least slightly underachieving like Oladipo / Kyrie / CP3.  It's too late to get KAT back for either of them, but Jokic has a few owners feeling a little queasy, so it's worth a try to land him.

10 hours ago, HulkSmash said:

I love this trade for the Sixers in real life ( A LOT!!!! ) but I bet both Butler and Simmons' value just dropped 10-20 spots overall, maybe more.

Embiid is gonna get his, by any means and he deserves it, but ball-dominant young guys tend to have friction with Butler, not only on the court, but off.  It's in Butler's best interest to not ruffle any feathers after doing so with the last 2 team he's played on, but inevitably, there will be some drama in Philly.  Even with that drama if they can be cordial, and we give them some time to gel, they're going to be a force for the rest of the NBA.  Like scary good, for a long time.  I'm a Celtics fan, and I'm ready for war against Toronto in the playoffs, now I'm bracing for the same with these boys.

Simmons seems so confident in himself that he'll share play-making responsibilities ( following Curry's lead when GS brought in Durant) but Ben wants to be a Lebron like player and figure.  If I owned either Simmons or Butler, I'd be shopping them around for a top 10-20 player with top 10 upside, who started slow, injured or at least slightly underachieving like Oladipo / Kyrie / CP3.  It's too late to get KAT back for either of them, but Jokic has a few owners feeling a little queasy, so it's worth a try to land him.

I own both Simmons and Butler.. very excited for the fantasy impact of this trade.  I honestly think this may help Simmons, possibly cut down on his turnover numbers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

No chance of him playing tonight right?

Adrian Wojnarowski said that Butler is expected to play on Wednesday against the Magic.. so no.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:35 PM, HulkSmash said:

Buy low window for Jokic closed, if it was really even there at all to begin with.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2018 at 3:25 AM, Padilla814 said:

I own both Simmons and Butler.. very excited for the fantasy impact of this trade.  I honestly think this may help Simmons, possibly cut down on his turnover numbers.

It could work out, similar to when Rockets brought in CP3 with Harden, but the difference in Houston is BOTH guys can shoot the ball, and BOTH guys had already established themselves as elite NBA stars.  Everyone knows Simmons is next, and Butler is considered a top 25 player in the league, but I'd hesitate to believe Butler and Simmons games fit together, at least this year.  Simmon's really isn't effective off-ball, and Butler might be a little more effective because he has a jump shot, but both guys make their impact by running their offense and leading their teams.  

Doe Simmons take a back seat to Butler, a bit to help him get acclimated to the team, like Curry did when Durant arrived?  Or does Butler consider this was the Simmons and Embiid show before he got traded here so he focuses more on locking down defensively, and the coach staggers these 2's minutes like Boston is working on doing with Kyrie and Hayward?  By the way, the Kyrie and Hayward duo is another example of 2 ball dominant NBA stars working together for what's best for the team, but the same obvious difference is, again, both of those guys can also shoot!

I hope it works out because I love seeing the East slowly show the media, and the league that it's not so lopsided anymore, but my guess is that the rest of this season is more of an experiment they have to sort out, and if they find a way to make it work smoothly, next year the 6ers add a pick and pop PF, and make a deep playoff run.  Maybe they can even get Ryan Anderson from the Suns, who's useless in Phoenix right now.  It wouldn't cost much, and would round out Philly's offense.  Anderson's defense is garbage, but the rest of the team can strategize around that weakness since the rest of the starts can D up just fine.

It would be nice if he starts you know, playing regularly.   Probably 90% of his buyers this year were ready for this but it's lingered into mid November and I think most of us also probably figured it would be over before now.

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Buy low window for Jokic closed, if it was really even there at all to begin with.

Agreed.  A player like Jokic would need a major slump for any window to open.  Just saying if you can get a top guy that's not playing at his very peak, then I'd move Simmons, or Butler.  Just my opinion, but I'm personally hoping these 3 make it work, because it's good for the NBA, and great for the Eastern Conference.

1 hour ago, atlantadynasty said:

Maybe we get lucky and he plays tonight? 

Jimmy Butler is officially a Philadelphia 76er.

74 replies606 retweets1,380 likes
Repl

Direct message

Butler will be introduced by the 76ers on Tuesday and is expected to debut with his new club Wednesday at Orlando. Philadelphia is playing at Miami on Monday.

• Thanks 2

I think people are a little too pessimistic about Butler's fantasy value in Philly. He's prob going to be in beast mode. He's been taking a lot of flack for his antics in Minny and he's probably going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jack Ripper said:

I think people are a little too pessimistic about Butler's fantasy value in Philly. He's prob going to be in beast mode. He's been taking a lot of flack for his antics in Minny and he's probably going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder. 

Jimmy plays every game with a chip on his shoulder. Thats who he is. And ya, he is going to rippp on philly. I'm excited to watch the east battle between raps, bucks, celtics, 76ers. Deeper at the top half of the conference than the West now. 

Simmons and Embiid is one of the most ball dominate duo in NBA, it is hard to be optimistic in Bulter's fantasy future in Philly. Philly is crowded inside and weak outside which will force Jimmy stay mainly away from the rim.