flippy

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I think the new big three will be just fine in fantasy....collins knows what he's doing I rkn...I like that idea of staggering jimmy and ben a bit throughout the game which is a great plan....

Embiid gonna get his regardless, maybe his PPG come down to 25 from 28 or smthn, but maybe not, the guy is a beast.....

simmons will still be triple double threat, might not avg too much over 15, maybe just around there...

butler will eat no matter where he is, his base should still be 20/5/5 with elite steals and FT

IRL wise, I think the only better fit would have been paul george, but jimmy is as good as PG imo, just not as good a shooter which is why I say PG a better fit here in philly...although butler is a DAWGGG and so are embiid and simmons, this will be fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csklmf said:

I ******** Need Him!

Is he going to play tomorrow? #23 in Sixers jersey looks awesome.

I hope he does. I’m excited to see him play. If all works well, him, Embiid and Simmons will be a force to reckon with.

Edited by seeL

1 hour ago, csklmf said:

I ******** Need Him!

yeah should be ready to go

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, seeL said:

I hope he does. I’m excited to see him play. If all works well, him, Embiid and Simmons will be a force to reckon with.

They said he is playing tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, csklmf said:

I ******** Need Him!

You can't win without him!

So Shamet gave the #23  to Butler. Poor rookie. I’m sure he’d love to keep it if he’ll have his way. No one wants to give up his own jersey #. It’s personal. There’s just something attached to it, superstition, luck, etc. Wonder what made him give it up easy. The fear of Jimmy?lol

Anyone else concerned that maybe he doesn't click in Philly?? They need SHOOTERS, and they just traded their second and third best ones. I'm not sure how good of a fit this is for Jimmy.

I think there is a real risk he severely underperforms with PHI.

Just now, Saucy said:

Anyone else concerned that maybe he doesn't click in Philly?? They need SHOOTERS, and they just traded their second and third best ones. I'm not sure how good of a fit this is for Jimmy.

im hoping Dan Gilbert trades Korver and he lands in philly.

2 minutes ago, Saucy said:

They need shooters for sure but I don’t think this will hurt Butler.  He’s their second best shooter which means he’ll be relied on his shooting even more.  If anything I can see a decline in stocks and an increase in threes.  His defensive stats, which is where her truly excells, shouldn’t be impacted. 

Just now, StifleTower2 said:

They need shooters for sure but I don’t think this will hurt Butler.  He’s their second best shooter which means he’ll be relied on his shooting even more.  If anything I can see a decline in stocks and an increase in threes.  His defensive stats, which is where her truly excells, shouldn’t be impacted. 

I'm not so sure, I feel like his usage will drop. He's not going to be playing 36+ minutes, and Embiid and Simmons are way more ball dominant than the guys he left in MIN. I buy the defensive stats, but I think this move knocks him out of that first round value he had per game in Minnesota. 

I think he's about equivalent to a DeRozan right now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saucy said:

I'm not so sure, I feel like his usage will drop. He's not going to be playing 36+ minutes, and Embiid and Simmons are way more ball dominant than the guys he left in MIN. I buy the defensive stats, but I think this move knocks him out of that first round value he had per game in Minnesota. 

I think he's about equivalent to a DeRozan right now.

Agree. He's always been pretty good at letting the game come to him but I don't see him at top 15 value ROS. But still should return reliable 2nd round numbers, which is an improvement over the garbage situation in Min.

It was just first game in Phily. No need to press the panic button yet. 

He is trying to adapt in a new team. Considering Embiid and Simmons' health conditions in the past, I am confident Jimmy can fill in the stat sheet, esp Steal and 3pts.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GIANNISYO said:

im hoping Dan Gilbert trades Korver and he lands in philly.

everyone keeps saying that they need korver they need korver they need korver. Say he comes, that means, Simmons, reddick, korver, butler, embiid. Simmons defending the 4? Can't see how that works out. It's gonna be an issue and I'm not sure how things are gonna work out with butler and simmons. CP3 and Harden works out cause they both good shooters, but in this case, it's pretty tough. Obviously butler will do his part and play well, I ain't worried about him, but I can't see how this team is better than what they were before. 

2 hours ago, csklmf said:

It was just first game in Phily. No need to press the panic button yet. 

He is trying to adapt in a new team. Considering Embiid and Simmons' health conditions in the past, I am confident Jimmy can fill in the stat sheet, esp Steal and 3pts.

I wouldn't call Jimmy Butler an example of an "iron man" either. 

1 hour ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I wouldn't call Jimmy Butler an example of an "iron man" either. 

Probably because Thibs runs him to the ground when he was at the Bulls and Timberwolves... 

3 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

everyone keeps saying that they need korver they need korver they need korver. Say he comes, that means, Simmons, reddick, korver, butler, embiid. Simmons defending the 4? Can't see how that works out. It's gonna be an issue and I'm not sure how things are gonna work out with butler and simmons. CP3 and Harden works out cause they both good shooters, but in this case, it's pretty tough. Obviously butler will do his part and play well, I ain't worried about him, but I can't see how this team is better than what they were before. 

Korver would come off the bench in Philly. He would in no way impact Butler, except maybe cash an assist here and there.