flippy

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, croydonfacelift said:

Welcome to 4th round production ROS. Scrub.

His average in 4 games is 18.3 points on 55% shooting with 3.3 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 2.0 stocks all while still acclimating to the offense. He will be fine. I comfortably project him in the top-25 ROS.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

His average in 4 games is 18.3 points on 55% shooting with 3.3 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 2.0 stocks all while still acclimating to the offense. He will be fine. I comfortably project him in the top-25 ROS.

Those are 3rd-4th round numbers. 25 ROS is optimistic, and considerably lower than his ADP. Don't think the trade is going to work out spectacularly for his owners, who were picking him mid-2nd with hope of 1st round upside after trade.

36 minutes ago, croydonfacelift said:

Those are 3rd-4th round numbers. 25 ROS is optimistic, and considerably lower than his ADP. Don't think the trade is going to work out spectacularly for his owners, who were picking him mid-2nd with hope of 1st round upside after trade.

Exactly I agree those are 3rd or 4th round numbers but I believe that will only rise to his norms with as the season goes along. But obviously you have every reason to stand by your opinion that's what these discussions are for :D

Edited by RafiBomb
  • Like 1

The situation has been worrying. Stocks are fine. Scoring is an issue here.

I feel like there are not as many open 3 opportunities with Embiid and Simmons as sidekick. 

He has only made 3 3pts in last 6 appearances as Sixers. 

Hard to decide whether he is 3rd or second wheel.  I think he is just being careful now but the real Jimmy will come out sooner than later and be the alpha or beta behind Embiid.  Honestly come playoff time it has to be him as the second guy.  Simmons just gets schemed the heck out of the game too easily.  

1 hour ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Hard to decide whether he is 3rd or second wheel.  I think he is just being careful now but the real Jimmy will come out sooner than later and be the alpha or beta behind Embiid.  Honestly come playoff time it has to be him as the second guy.  Simmons just gets schemed the heck out of the game too easily.  

He will never be the alpha on that team

1 hour ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Sometimes his usage is lower than JJ Reddick before the fourth quarter.

He joined a winning team. I think he’s more focused on integrating himself, getting used to their players, developing chemistry and becoming cohesive within their game rather than take over.  Expect his individual production (#s) to rise once fully acclimated, which will take time.  

If we see a couple more weeks like this, think about buying low, imo. 

• Like 4

buy low if you can. like the others have said, he's trying to integrate himself and not be an a**hole. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to speculate on Jimmy ros as you can do that, but some of you don't seem to have a good head for metrics.  If Jimmy improves slightly (or you just round up his numbers) and he finishes 19/4/4 with 2 spg/1 3pg/ .8 bpg on 48% FG/82% FT/1.8 TO that would mean he meets or exceeds the median in every statistical category aside from rebounds and threes.  That would put him at top 25 value.  I understand that he's ranked 39th in the past week according to yahoo but that includes his very first game, you can't expect him to perform optimally in his first game, and aside from that I think we can agree he's been top 25.   Considering I play mostly 14+ team leagues that's firmly second round value.  The only way you can twist logic to say he's not a second round value is if you play in 12 teams or smaller leagues.

Most of the people that drafted him got him at a discount, eg. sub $40 in auction when he "should" go for $50 at full value.  I bought low in a trade that would seem to indicate his value is 3/4 value.  I'm not thrilled with his production thus far as a Sixer as I was "hoping" for first round value but my hopes are irrelevant.  At worst he's performed equivalent to the value I gave up.  That's assuming he doesn't improve, which he likely will.   

• Like 3

Was Embiid rested at all down the stretch last year?

He’s gunning for MVP, but any injury or rest will mean a green light for Jimmy Buckets to go off. 

• Like 1

Don’t sell low, if you sell at all - once his fg% returns to the mean, he should be eclipsing 20 ppg with ease (he’s essentially there already at 18ppg).

Once chemistry develops, threes and assists should follow suit.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

Don’t sell low, if you sell at all - once his fg% returns to the mean, he should be eclipsing 20 ppg with ease (he’s essentially there already at 18ppg).

Once chemistry develops, threes and assists should follow suit.

Agreed. I'm just happy he's getting shot attempts, once his fg% goes back up and he develops with the team he'll be balling.

• Like 3

He subbed out like 3 mins before the game ended while all the shots for the Cavs were falling. Results came out negative btw. 

Or maybe he was just pissed they were losing to Cle

9 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

Think there is a chance of a buy low window opening in the next few days?

Shouldn’t be.. but it would depend on where the owner is in the standings.  If they are a bottom team and Butler misses time, they may make a move.

I’m in first place with an open IR spot.. so I won’t be panicking if he misses time. (Which has not yet been announced)

5 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

Shouldn’t be.. but it would depend on where the owner is in the standings.  If they are a bottom team and Butler misses time, they may make a move.

I’m in first place with an open IR spot.. so I won’t be panicking if he misses time. (Which has not yet been announced)

Just feel like in a basketball standpoint he’s in a really good spot but fantasy wise it’s still a coin flip so I’m hoping I could snag him away from his owner for low before he starts to ramp it up before all star break where they really want to be in the best position possible for that playoff run...

I mean, he had a typical beast butler line before leaving the game near the end. Butler will be fine it will prob not work to buy low. Then again, there was some dude a page back that said "welcome to 4th round production ros. Scrub" lmao so if you get a clown owner like that then try to rob him blind

• Like 4

4 hours ago, richg24 said:

I mean, he had a typical beast butler line before leaving the game near the end. Butler will be fine it will prob not work to buy low. Then again, there was some dude a page back that said "welcome to 4th round production ros. Scrub" lmao so if you get a clown owner like that then try to rob him blind

Problem is that guy probably isn’t a Butler owner.