flippy

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

People already forgetting the big numbers Jimmy put up in the few games before he hurt his groin - Embiid was even complaining about how many shots he was taking.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, darrylmontales said:

well he might still be able to turn it up. other stats like steals, threes are still there. 

if he would go average 49%fg 85% ft 2 threes, 22 ppg, 5 rbg, 4 asg, 2 spg and half a block per game. he would still sit in top 30 value. even as a 3rd option i think these values are reasonable. 

That's way higher than top30 numbers, basically it's top10 numbers 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, darrylmontales said:

well he might still be able to turn it up. other stats like steals, threes are still there. 

if he would go average 49%fg 85% ft 2 threes, 22 ppg, 5 rbg, 4 asg, 2 spg and half a block per game. he would still sit in top 30 value. even as a 3rd option i think these values are reasonable. 

time to adjust your expectations 

This should be norm, not something to get hyped about. Lets keep 'em basic lines coming Jimmy!

20 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

No love for this guy after todays performance?

Just complaints when he fails LOL.

Meh. In my league he’s 29th for the night. Not bad not not where most of us drafted him.

On 12/19/2018 at 7:33 AM, RipCity0 said:

That's way higher than top30 numbers, basically it's top10 numbers 

nah these values are top 20 at most.. 

On 12/19/2018 at 8:08 AM, waffleboy said:

time to adjust your expectations 

well still expecting him to turn it up for the rest of the season. 

as i said. steals and 3s are still good. and percentages are still ok. he will still be a 2nd rounder for me. 

4 hours ago, darrylmontales said:

nah these values are top 20 at most.. 

well still expecting him to turn it up for the rest of the season. 

as i said. steals and 3s are still good. and percentages are still ok. he will still be a 2nd rounder for me. 

What are you talking about man? these numbers would give you around top10 value in Basketball Monster. Noway  top30, probably you don't understand how good these numbers you posted are. Last year with almost same numbers he was 10th and these are even slightly better.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

What are you talking about man? these numbers would give you around top10 value in Basketball Monster. Noway  top30, probably you don't understand how good these numbers you posted are. Last year with almost same numbers he was 10th and these are even slightly better.

I'm with you and people don't realize how small differences can hugely impact one's rating.  For example, if he was 22 ppg/6 rpg/4 apg/2 spg/2 3pg/.7 bpg with 49/85 and under 1.5 TO then that would easily be top 10 value if not pushing top 5 value.  That's exceeding the mean in literally every category.  If you adjusted the numbers even slightly to 20 ppg/5 rpg/3 apg/1.5 spg/1.5 3pg/.5 bpg with 45/80 and 2 TO then that would make him fall to top 25 value even though those numbers aren't a huge difference to the naked eye.  Him falling outside the top 25 is unlikely because he simply produces too many stocks and is too efficient for that to happen.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, justblazedawg said:

Should've traded this fool when I had the chance. Need 16 points to win my matchup and it looks like he won't even score that.

It's not even half way through the second quarter. Chill.

22 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

I won’t lie.. I’m a few captain and cokes in tonight and about to start sending trades that include this dude.  Ugh.

Smoke some weed.  Balance it out. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, justblazedawg said:

Great call on this <_<

If you want to complain about a performance, wait until the end of the game and not after one quarter..

People are weird how forgiving they are of this guy. Last two weeks he’s 61 in monster, what does Rotoworld say? “He’s been quietly terrific the last ten games.” So quiet your opponent might not even notice he’s on your team, maybe.  At halfway point of season he has to be considered a disappointment. 

• Like 1

I get that it's almost halfway through the season, but Jimmy's been with his new team for a month or so. Id give him a longer leash especially when you have two usage monsters to deal with and its not like his stats have been garbage, it's not just up to par with his ADP. Besides, aside from the pre-trade period, his trade value has not been lower.

In one of my leagues, the Jimmy owner just traded him for Blake. Per game-wise, it's not a bad return. But I'm pretty low on Griffin in a season-long league. His injury history lowers his expected value significantly

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I get that it's almost halfway through the season, but Jimmy's been with his new team for a month or so. Id give him a longer leash especially when you have two usage monsters to deal with and its not like his stats have been garbage, it's not just up to par with his ADP. Besides, aside from the pre-trade period, his trade value has not been lower.

In one of my leagues, the Jimmy owner just traded him for Blake. Per game-wise, it's not a bad return. But I'm pretty low on Griffin in a season-long league. His injury history lowers his expected value significantly

It’s a horrible trade if it’s 9 cat and the Butler owner cares about efficiency.  Blake is a three cat beast, make it four cats with threes. But he’s a no-stock wizard who is below average in every efficiency cat, inducing being a turnover machine.  His value is mediocre for 9 cat roto. 

4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

It’s a horrible trade if it’s 9 cat and the Butler owner cares about efficiency.  Blake is a three cat beast, make it four cats with threes. But he’s a no-stock wizard who is below average in every efficiency cat, inducing being a turnover machine.  His value is mediocre for 9 cat roto. 

Exactly, but it's not vetoable either, so I guess somebody's team will just tank when Blake inevitably goes down (for no matter how long)

Back to Jimmy. I haven't exactly studied how his possessions have been with the sixers. Is he doing more isos? That's why Joel is complaining about the way he's been used?