flippy

Jimmy Butler 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, kev777zero said:

no news is good news...I hope?

Good news.. he finally learned to use his left hand.. bad news, he's still a bish 

• Haha 1

What do you guys think of a CJ McCollum + Enes Kanter trade for Jimmy Butler? Just need your guys' thoughts before I pull the trigger. Currently ranked #2 in the league

I think you should take it to the AC forum

18 minutes ago, TeamSmexy said:

What do you guys think of a CJ McCollum + Enes Kanter trade for Jimmy Butler? Just need your guys' thoughts before I pull the trigger. Currently ranked #2 in the league

This is not enough to get Derrick White not Butler.

20 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

This is not enough to get Derrick White not Butler.

Hmm, I disagree... It is enough. As long as Kanter gets traded he will just get solid double-doubles every night. McCollum is playing right now similar to how Butler has been playing. With Butler currently dealing with a wrist sprain even though he will be back soon the owner would do the trade possibly. 

1 hour ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

Hmm, I disagree... It is enough. As long as Kanter gets traded he will just get solid double-doubles every night. McCollum is playing right now similar to how Butler has been playing. With Butler currently dealing with a wrist sprain even though he will be back soon the owner would do the trade possibly. 

So you base a trade on Kanter and his 18M getting dealt. CJ is not even close to Jimmy unless this is a weird points league.

• Like 2

Jimmy is not even averaging 20 pts 4 ast and 5 reb a game. McCollum averaging more pts, more 3's. 1 less assist. 1 less rebound a game. Pretty similar and considering Butler is the one missing games. 

43 minutes ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

Jimmy is not even averaging 20 pts 4 ast and 5 reb a game. McCollum averaging more pts, more 3's. 1 less assist. 1 less rebound a game. Pretty similar and considering Butler is the one missing games. 

Forgetting about efficiency and steals where Butler's value lies, he's top 15 in 9 cat

4 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

So you base a trade on Kanter and his 18M getting dealt. CJ is not even close to Jimmy unless this is a weird points league.

Even in weird points leagues CJ isn't close to Butler. 

5 hours ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

Elite steals are much harder to come by than 3's. Any time a ~2spg guy gets traded in a H2H league, the league landscape changes. Steals can be spiky and chipped in by any player (as opposed to blocks), but not nearly as much as 3's, which have become much more common from every position these last few years and are more reliably supplemented with streamers.

Not to mention the volume of Butler's efficient FTs.

Edited by MrJuiceBar

4 hours ago, MrJuiceBar said:

Elite steals are much harder to come by than 3's. Any time a ~2spg guy gets traded in a H2H league, the league landscape changes. Steals can be spiky and chipped in by any player (as opposed to blocks), but not nearly as much as 3's, which have become much more common from every position these last few years and are more reliably supplemented with streamers.

Not to mention the volume of Butler's efficient FTs.

This. 100%. Butler can easily help you win in steals alone, those 6-8 steals a week are gold. 

Anyone think Philly might be thinking he won't resign with them and hit the panic button for a trade? 

48 minutes ago, izeroi said:

Anyone think Philly might be thinking he won't resign with them and hit the panic button for a trade? 

i don't think anyone would trade for him right now. They will get even less chances that he resigns so what's the point?

21 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

i don't think anyone would trade for him right now. They will get even less chances that he resigns so what's the point?

I still think the Rockets could make a run at him. The wanted him pretty badly before he went to Philly and could obviously still use him now. 

Big Dick Butler is BACK!

1 hour ago, croydonfacelift said:

Dude is almost incapable of putting together two big games in a row.

Very inconsistent since joining philly. Only thing that has been steady are the steals. 

4 hours ago, richg24 said:

Very inconsistent since joining philly. Only thing that has been steady are the steals. 

About to get lil more crowded :(

just traded devin booker for butler. he's bout to take a hit with harris coming but i'm banking on booker being shutdown down the stretch so i had to sell. lower averages in everything but higher percentages?

14 hours ago, brosephd said:

just traded devin booker for butler. he's bout to take a hit with harris coming but i'm banking on booker being shutdown down the stretch so i had to sell. lower averages in everything but higher percentages?

His value is stocks and percentages and getting to the line so I wouldn’t be too stressed about him losing much value. Plus they have him play some point lately so I think the trade helps overall... it’s not like he takes 25 shots a game...

I am optimistically holding Tobias in the hopes that he becomes the main scorer for the bench blackhole but why didn't this happen for Jimmy?

Worth trading for cj mccollum and aaron gordon/joe ingles? My butler btw. Il have to ad a second to drop which will be monte morris or nance or millsap

19 minutes ago, azaghul said:

Worth trading for cj mccollum and aaron gordon/joe ingles? My butler btw. Il have to ad a second to drop which will be monte morris or nance or millsap

Cry babies here will tell you to go to AC forum....in your position i would keep butler and your other guys. 

If you don't need steals, I think Butler is a pretty good sell-high guy if you have league mates who are pretty high on him (willing to pay top 30-35). I love Butler's fantasy game but this just is a tough year for him situationally.