• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
wendellrott

Jaylen Samuels 2018 Outlook

Ok what have we here

In fact, Samuels, who passed ex-Steeler Jerricho Cotchery as the Wolfpack career receptions leader, has the most catches in ACC history of any tight end and the position’s second most receiving yards.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Ok what have we here

In fact, Samuels, who passed ex-Steeler Jerricho Cotchery as the Wolfpack career receptions leader, has the most catches in ACC history of any tight end and the position’s second most receiving yards.

got a RB/TE designation on yahoo

Samuels, taken in the 5th round of the 2018 NFL Draft, was possibly one of the better value picks given what he can do. Playing all over the field rather than purely out of the backfield at NC State, Samuels’ size, versatility and ability to catch has many people in Pittsburgh feeling déjà vu to a similar back currently on the roster.

For people that are in keeper leagues and looking to 2019 in Pitts' backfield, are you going Samuels over Conner? 

I've been planning on Conner, but came here to see if anyone has the gumption & content to talk me into Samuels before my auction / keeper draft tomorrow. I just don't know much about Samuels and have never been able to watch him myself. Thanks!

After watching the game this weekend, I can say I think Samuels looks more like Bell than Connor does. He was better running than I thought too. Still, he's clearly behind Connor and Connor does look better in general too. In deep dynasty though, I would not forget about Samuels...

3 hours ago, shaman0610 said:

For people that are in keeper leagues and looking to 2019 in Pitts' backfield, are you going Samuels over Conner? 

I've been planning on Conner, but came here to see if anyone has the gumption & content to talk me into Samuels before my auction / keeper draft tomorrow. I just don't know much about Samuels and have never been able to watch him myself. Thanks!

It’s Conner over Samuels, no contest at RB, but in leagues where Samuels gets the RB/TE designation it may become interesting if 1) he gets 3-5 rushes per game, and/or 2) JJames falters and McDonald remains hobbled. Would love to be able to play him in the TE spot if the stars align.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

It’s Conner over Samuels, no contest at RB, but in leagues where Samuels gets the RB/TE designation it may become interesting if 1) he gets 3-5 rushes per game, and/or 2) JJames falters and McDonald remains hobbled. Would love to be able to play him in the TE spot if the stars align.

I get it, it’s always cool to have a guy with dual designation. But 3-5 rushes a game? And you want to stick him in your TE slot? He would actually have to play the actual tight end position for the team if he’s only going to get 3-4 rushes to be usable at all for fantasy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

I get it, it’s always cool to have a guy with dual designation. But 3-5 rushes a game? And you want to stick him in your TE slot? He would actually have to play the actual tight end position for the team if he’s only going to get 3-4 rushes to be usable at all for fantasy. 

Which is what I implied with, “if the stars align,” like 3-5 rushing attempts + TE targets.

But chasing the dual designation isn’t a winning strategy. In the leagues where I’ve had him, I’ve dropped Samuels and picked up Cole or Westbrook.

James Connor could be worth adding as a hand-cuff in the off chance that Bell's holdout stretches into the regular season.

• Like 1

J Connor will save your fantasy team while saving the world from terminators. 

This guy probably can't even successfully complete a time jump let alone put together fantasy relevant days in the TE or RB position. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just think if somehow the stars aligned (bell holdout and/or injury, Conner underwhelmed) and this guy was the starting RB for the Steelers who you could play at TE.. wow

realize it's a snowballs chance in hell but that would break Yahoo! I'm fairly certain they wouldn't take away the dual eligibility

10 hours ago, dakimbell said:

Just think if somehow the stars aligned (bell holdout and/or injury, Conner underwhelmed) and this guy was the starting RB for the Steelers who you could play at TE.. wow

realize it's a snowballs chance in hell but that would break Yahoo! I'm fairly certain they wouldn't take away the dual eligibility

TE is the hardest position to learn in the NFL.

If he does get TE snaps, it's to practice his blocking.

50 minutes ago, jmausen said:

TE is the hardest position to learn in the NFL.

If he does get TE snaps, it's to practice his blocking.

I dont really care where he actually lines up, but he already has dual eligibility on Yahoo (can be played at either TE or RB) and if he was the starting RB on the Steelers, his value would be greatly improved due to being able to play him as a TE due to the scarcity of the position.

I’m shocked they have him listed as RB/TE. 

What the heck?

in big leagues he could be a decent buy for week 1 but I just don’t understand the dual designation. 

Where do you go to ask yahoo about the dual designation? Not sure why he’s even listed as a te. 

Hes is not even on the depth chart there at that position

Not going to lie, I'm real tempted to stash this guy in my deep 12 teamer, at least until Bell comes back or I need the spot for byes. He would need an injury to Conner and extended Bell holdout to be relevant, but if that were to happen and he kept his RB/TE dual designation, WHOA NELLY

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Where do you go to ask yahoo about the dual designation? Not sure why he’s even listed as a te. 

Hes is not even on the depth chart there at that position

He played all over the place in college and was listed with the TE group during the combine.  That's the reason for the designation I would imagine.  It will be interesting to see if/when Yahoo adjusts that

19 minutes ago, Ponchosox said:

Very tempting add in Yahoo

planned on streaming TE's this year and right now I'll be Dropping RSJ for him if Bell holdsout 

He's listed as WR/TE eligible in Yahoo leagues. Streaming TE this year and just dropped Gesicki for him in my PPR league. 

if Bell does holdout

Samuels should get 8 to 10 touches as a COP back

which well be starting TE territory