Sign in to follow this  
MovingTheChains

Accept this trade? [WHIR]

Hi

1PPR bestball dynasty league (Start 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, and 1 SuperFlex). I have been offered Alex Collins for my Anthony Miller.

My current RBs

Kalen Ballage

Corey Clement

James Conner

Dalvin Cook

Kenneth Dixon

Kenyan Drake

Trey Edmunds

Aaron Jones

Rashaad Penny

My current WRs

Geronimo Allison
Odell Beckham
Will Fuller
Jordan Lasley
Anthony Miller
Willie Snead
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
James Washington
Tyrell Williams

Would you accept this trade?

TIA

I think I would make this deal. Had to look it up, but Alex Collins is just 23, so he has several years of shelf life remaining. Collins could start for you now. Not sure I trust Mitch either. 

I don’t think I would.  While it improves your RB situation this season, it hurts your WR since you’re having to start 3.

Long term, I’d much rather have Miller.

Anthony Miller will have a hard time providing consistent value over the next few years with Allen Robinson ahead of him, Trey Burton is reported going to play a fair amount of slot, they have promising TE Adam Shaheen who was a 2nd rounder last year behind him, Cohen is projected to be used more as a WR and Howard is still one of the better RBs in the league and should get a healthy number of carries especially in the RZ where he is one of the best. That is a lot of mouths to feed and Miller's fate is heavily tied to Trubisky's development which hasn't been too encouraging thus far. 

I'd take Collins who is already a solid RB2 and he is still young. Your WRs aren't that strong and this trade doesn't help that but I think you are picking up immense value that you cannot pass up especially when Miller's ceiling is significantly capped to start his career (WRs usually aren't that good in year 1). A following trade can address the WR situation. 

Edited by Jaw1

15 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Never heard of Miller so yeah get Collins. 

sage advice as always

hmmm...an RB1 on a run-first team, or a rookie WR3/4 on the most over-hyped team this offseason.....

Edited by c27