Sign in to follow this  
rschroeder1

Rank these RBs for upcoming draft

I'm set on drafting a RB in the first round of a 12 team keep-4 league.  First round picks can't be kept, so this is purely a redraft move.  The likely options are:

- Saquon Barkley

- Kareem Hunt

- Melvin Gordon

- Dalvin Cook

- Leonard Fournette

Gordon seems like the safest pick to me.  Tempted by Dalvin in the Vikings offense.

If you believe in Barkley, he's the pick.  If not, take Gordon.  Cook is definitely tempting though but I think I like Melvin more.  Not a fan of KC or Jax's offense this year so Hunt and Fournette are below those 3 for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rschroeder1 said:

I'm set on drafting a RB in the first round of a 12 team keep-4 league.  First round picks can't be kept, so this is purely a redraft move.  The likely options are:

- Saquon Barkley

- Kareem Hunt

- Melvin Gordon

- Dalvin Cook

- Leonard Fournette

Gordon seems like the safest pick to me.  Tempted by Dalvin in the Vikings offense.

Hunt, Gordon, Fournette, Cook, Barkley

Seems like Hunt and Gordon have the lesser injury risks. In standard, without injury risk, I like Fournette overall. In PPR, Hunt.

And if you draft today, Barkley is currently injured, so that's why I'm placing him at the tail end --- he's clearly supremely talented, but unless he shakes off the injury, nothing will matter. Cook is also a major injury risk, but unlike the other RBs he also has a TD vulture waiting in the wings; he'd be last on the list if Barkley wasn't dinged up. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Barkley, Fournette, Hunt, Gordon, Cook for me. Comes down to personal preference really but I'd clearly have Cook last. Coming off an ACL with a capable backup in Murray who could take GL. I think Vikings don't overwork him especially early since they don't have to. 

• Like 1