• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
DLove

Larry Nance Jr. 2018 Outlook

Dropped for Val at trade deadline...

feelings omg GIF

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Dropped for Val at trade deadline...

feelings omg GIF

Why? Because you didn't trust Drew and were scared of other players coming back. 

6 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Why? Because you didn't trust Drew and were scared of other players coming back. 

Obviously and I still don;t trust Drew when Tristan comes back and Love is up 2 speed but damn it still hurts seeing monster lines nightly from Nance now. 

Glad that I didn't drop him. TT's return may hurt his value a bit but Cavs top priority is obviously to develop young talent. There's little incentive to play TT heavy minutes unless Nance is injured or gets into foul trouble post trade deadline. Even he plays only 24 minutes he's not a drop IMO. 

2 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Glad that I didn't drop him. TT's return may hurt his value a bit but Cavs top priority is obviously to develop young talent. There's little incentive to play TT heavy minutes unless Nance is injured or gets into foul trouble post trade deadline. Even he plays only 24 minutes he's not a drop IMO. 

Underestimating Mr. Drew's stupidy is never a good thing. 

• Like 2

Yeah I don’t trust Drew either to do the right thing either when TT is back and Love is 100 % 

But until then, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

2 hours ago, brosephd said:

so sell high before TT/love? or sit it out. 

I'd sell high tbh but doesn't hurt to keep too

6 hours ago, brosephd said:

He's not a sell-high because other owners are sooooooooo convinced he will lose all his minutes if/when Love / TT both return and each somehow manage to average over 30 minutes per game.  So I would rather hold and take my chances than sell for pennies on the dollar because he *might* lose minutes.  Just like everyone was so convinced that Vucevic would lose his job to Bamba and / or be traded to be a backup somewhere, and dogmatically stated their opinion as if it were a fact.  Just like with Vuc, I'm holding tight and enjoying that top 15 production for ROS or until the wheels fall off.  

6 hours ago, brosephd said:

Hell no. Why would you sell that playoff schedule 

I feel like it's a great time to sell high given his injury history + Drew + Love/TT not fully unleashed.. I am getting offers as high as Devin Booker one for one.. 

Edited by ctrlsoul

4 minutes ago, ctrlsoul said:

I feel like it's a great time to sell high given his injury history + Drew + Love/TT not fully unleashed.. I am getting offers as high as Devin Booker one for one.. 

I would hit accept. I got ariza for him recently. his fantasy game is solid but that all assumes love/tristan/azic will get phased out as a season closes. I was following the last game and most of lances points were all from the 2nd half. With love on the floor, lance was basically a solid rebound/assist/steal guy. His floor is still very good but his pts/rbds will take a hit once they are back.

Will they come back and  how much they will play?  TT is not part of the future.  Love will not be playing 35 min a game.    Nance is good to go for 25+ min a game imo

Again do not listen to the guys in here talking about TT or love making nance not good. For one nance has greatly improved especially his 3 ball. Love not gonna play like normal he is going to be trash and prolly average 25 min. TT is literal trash and team couldn't care less about him. He reminds them of lebron pushing them around. Posters in here got ppl to drop nance earlier don't listen to them again. Bad fantasy players. Nance will average about 28 or 30 mpg with them back

Edited by richg24
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Again do not listen to the guys in here talking about TT or love making nance not good. For one nance has greatly improved especially his 3 ball. Love not gonna play like normal he is going to be trash and prolly average 25 min. TT is literal trash and team couldn't care less about him. He reminds them of lebron pushing them around. Posters in here got ppl to drop nance earlier don't listen to them again. Bad fantasy players. Nance will average about 28 or 30 mpg with them back

I Just got him off waivers the way Nance been playing he'll get his

i expect them to run a nance love Pf/C combo

although love has been out of commision for a while, hes the best player on their team

holding nance firmly and excited for love to be brought back up to speed

42 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I don;t see any1 saying Nance is not good?? I see most being realistic here regarding what Larry Drew does once Love is fully back and Thompson is back. Are you really that confident in Larry Drew making the right call here?? This is the same coach that refused to play Nance more than 18 min before just 6 weeks ago even though Love, Thompon and Nwaba all were hurt at 1 point. Drew started a guy named Jaron Blossomgame at the 4 and even Channing Frye at the 5 over Nance at times. Again, I think Nance is good and I am sure everyone else does but if you aren;t thinking about selling high during the all-star break and using the recent string of games as selling points than your in denial. Larry Drew is a bottom-barrel coach and bottom barrel coaches make isshh decision. Sure, Nance could start the ros and get 30 min of run but I also would not be shocked 1 bit if he benches Nance in favor of Thompon and we see Nance play under 25 min per on a tanking ish team. (The Knicks and Fizzdale say hello)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

I think the point is that right now Lance is getting those crazy lines he wasn't getting earlier in the year because they had triston or whoever in the lineup. For the last 2 weeks since his back from injury the team has been banged out (no osman, no tristan, barely a love) and therefore his getting a larger load in terms of scoring/rbds. His defensive stats and his valuable assist as a big will always be there but he will take a hit in scoring/rebounds if and when they get back to full speed. Love is definately not trash either. Base on what he did last game he has plenty left in the tank. Im pretty sure Love himself is getting tired of being called a injury prone player so I can easily vision him playing out rest of the season. I can see Nance still being a dbl/dbl guy with good steal/assist numbers though. I just think for people who could sell him right now while his value is at the highest point to do so like that other poster who got a offer of booker for him.

Edited by the1gq2nvy

Not saying you shouldnt sell Nance

I think its more that you won't really get much back in return. People know what Nance is. You're better of just riding his production until it falls off. 

fellas - this is probably asked before, but can Nance keep up the production with Love, TT, Zizic returning to some sort of health? I'm wondering about acquiring him in a trade (decent playoff schedule 4-3-4) 

6 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

fellas - this is probably asked before, but can Nance keep up the production with Love, TT, Zizic returning to some sort of health? I'm wondering about acquiring him in a trade (decent playoff schedule 4-3-4) 

That’s the million dollar question. You’ll probably find an even split among the board with your answer. Common sense dictates that Nance as a young building block with huge upside should get major minutes for the remainder of the season. On the other hand Drew has shown the propensity this year to minimize Nance when he’s had other options like TT. 

If you’re trying to acquire him keep in mine his floor is pretty high and he can produce top 100ish value even in 20-25 mins. But he has huge upside if getting 30+ (just look at his last 5 games or so). If you can get him for a good price it’s worth the risk imo.