DLove

Larry Nance Jr. 2018 Outlook

Only been 1 bad game since Lue firing guys, let's wait and see how it shakes out. I just don't see why they would give him that kind of money only to have him play <20 minutes a night.

• Like 1

He is coming off injury as well.... I am  sure they don't want to overload him seeing as the season is young and they just paid him. 

47 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

This is one of those difficult holds, with RHJ floating out on the wire

I have both yay

Is this a joke? Blowout and you put the starters back in towards the end of the 4th. TT with 28 minutes? How do you even..

Dekker getting 32 minutes as well. Does this coach even know how to evaluate talent????

Edited by Espoiral

the 3 steals is nice, but don't think I can hold atm

You didn't draft him for his scoring, so the only thing you can dislike in this line other than his minutes is his rebounds.  Like what did you think this guy was going to give you?

Sorry, a pet peeve here (I talked about it yesterday with D'Angelo) is people complaining about players not doing stuff they should've never expected them to do anyway.  Again, the minutes are annoying, but should've you drafted Nance for stocks and rebounds.  He only got three rebounds, but in 19 minutes he should've gotten more than that anyway.  He got the stocks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He's not a double double guy.  Not sure what some of you guys are expecting.  I've owned him every year.  He's gonna have plenty of lines like tonight.  He's not a consistent rebounder.  He'll have some good rebounding nights, and should average 7ish.  He has a block to his credit now, so that will help his ranking.

54 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

You didn't draft him for his scoring, so the only thing you can dislike in this line other than his minutes is his rebounds.  Like what did you think this guy was going to give you?

Sorry, a pet peeve here (I talked about it yesterday with D'Angelo) is people complaining about players not doing stuff they should've never expected them to do anyway.  Again, the minutes are annoying, but should've you drafted Nance for stocks and rebounds.  He only got three rebounds, but in 19 minutes he should've gotten more than that anyway.  He got the stocks.

44 minutes ago, python3 said:

He's not a double double guy.  Not sure what some of you guys are expecting.  I've owned him every year.  He's gonna have plenty of lines like tonight.  He's not a consistent rebounder.  He'll have some good rebounding nights, and should average 7ish.  He has a block to his credit now, so that will help his ranking.

I gotta be honest. The entire equation was flipped on its side when LeBron left town. I expected more minutes, higher usage (probably lower percentages too) etc.

1 hour ago, python3 said:

Well I figured opportunity trumps history. Usually does. I'll patiently wait.  New coach, he's weeding out the crap balls giving who he already knows limited minutes for the time being and letting the scrubs fight for their next team/role/trade on this team. Not worried.  45 million reasons why the cream will rise.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

nobody here complaining about his scoring. where did you read that? its the low playing time people complaining about .that went even below 20 minutes since the new coach was hired...and I doubt Nance will get consistent stocks and rebounds if this wont change.

• Like 1

Well there was reports that Drew really didn't want the job. So maybe this is his way of telling the Cavs they better find someone else fast

7 hours ago, Chrizz said:

nobody here complaining about his scoring. where did you read that? its the low playing time people complaining about .that went even below 20 minutes since the new coach was hired...and I doubt Nance will get consistent stocks and rebounds if this wont change.

So what about his line didn't you like if you don't care about the scoring?  His rebounding?  That wasn't a product of his minutes.

43 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

So what about his line didn't you like if you don't care about the scoring?  His rebounding?  That wasn't a product of his minutes.

Again, nobody complained about his numbers in that game. Its his Situation. They give him big money, see him as a franchise cornerstone, hire a new coach and he still only gets backup minutes behind f.... Tristan Thompson. And he wont get lines like this consistently If he plays under 20 minutes. He had 0 stocks and 1 rebound in 16 minutes in the game before...

But anyway I think his situation will change and  he should get more playing time eventually. so nobody in standard leagues should drop him imo.

1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

The line is completely fine the problem is I don’t have confidence plugging him into my roto lineup when he is getting 15-19 minutes a game. Not sure he can keep up  3 or more stocks in such low minutes. 

The minutes are an obvious issue, and he’s really unplayable atm, but I’m willing to hold and see how it plays out.