DLove

Larry Nance Jr. 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Nevertheless he's playing there.  I've said it before but I think Drew wants shooting at the 4.  The entire Cavs organization is garbage. 

I just can't bring myself to drop him because it's literally the perfect situation for Nance, or so you'd think. Like I feel the day I drop him is the day he gets 30+ minutes a game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yeet said:

I just can't bring myself to drop him because it's literally the perfect situation for Nance, or so you'd think. Like I feel the day I drop him is the day he gets 30+ minutes a game.

plz do it. for the greater good of us all.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KuramaHiei said:

plz do it. for the greater good of us all.

no u

1 minute ago, yeet said:

I disagree I don't think it is the perfect situation.  The Lakers were a better fit for Nance but whatever.   This Cavs offense isn't great and Nance can't really create his own shot.  The Cavs PG's aren't creators, Sexton is a rookie and Hill is decent but better off as a role player or starter next to established guys.  If Nance continues to only get played as a C he's not going to be unleashed anytime soon.

21 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Remember how long people held on to Kenneth Faried? Thats how long I feel people will hold onto Nance.

"Not I," said the cat.

Easy for me to stash his upside on my bench right now since I play roto but I don’t blame anyone for cutting ties. He’ll be my first drop if a can’t miss FA comes along or if my team gets hit with injuries. 

I think the situation will resolve itself and Nance will eventually be unleashed  but God knows how long it will take.

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Easy for me to stash his upside on my bench right now since I play roto but I don’t blame anyone for cutting ties. He’ll be my first drop if a can’t miss FA comes along or if my team gets hit with injuries. 

I think the situation will resolve itself and Nance will eventually be unleashed  but God knows how long it will take.

It feels like one of those situations here the coach can only hold off on the obvious for so long.  Obviously, Nance is no Jokic, but this feels like Malone not starting Jokic last year.  Again, Nance isn't close to Jokic in quality or play style, but it's similar in the sense that it's a clearly inferior player getting more run for no reason.

46 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

It feels like one of those situations here the coach can only hold off on the obvious for so long.  Obviously, Nance is no Jokic, but this feels like Malone not starting Jokic last year.  Again, Nance isn't close to Jokic in quality or play style, but it's similar in the sense that it's a clearly inferior player getting more run for no reason.

Are you talking about 2 years ago when they still had Nurkic? Jokic asked to come off the bench though, because he knew he couldn't play PF next to Nurkic. Only until Nuggets realized Jokic is their best player, then they finally benched Nurkic and traded him. I don't know if the Cavs can trade away Tristan. His contract is pretty toxic. If he's healthy I think they will still play him, it's not like he can't play anymore. 

Hard to predict what Cavs will do. The owner wants to win, the GM wants to develop players, and the coach just wants to get paid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bballshinobi said:

Are you talking about 2 years ago when they still had Nurkic? Jokic asked to come off the bench though, because he knew he couldn't play PF next to Nurkic. Only until Nuggets realized Jokic is their best player, then they finally benched Nurkic and traded him. I don't know if the Cavs can trade away Tristan. His contract is pretty toxic. If he's healthy I think they will still play him, it's not like he can't play anymore. 

Hard to predict what Cavs will do. The owner wants to win, the GM wants to develop players, and the coach just wants to get paid

Lol, I remember that season. I had both of them that year. Both of them sucked at the start of the season. But after the trade, both blew up big time. Much bueno.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flippy said:

watch coach play frye at pf. and logging heavy minutes

No joking. 70% Drew will start Frye, 20% Osmen, 5% Nwaba, 3% Korver, 2% Nance.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

No joking. 70% Drew will start Frye, 20% Osmen, 5% Nwaba, 3% Korver, 2% Nance.

Frye and Nwaba both make a lot of sense actually. You make the vets happy by appearing to compete, but then still lose the game.

Just got dropped jn my league., will he finally get run with Decker out?

Edited by chud12

Tanking team, new coach, decker hurt. If he doesn’t get run now....I don’t think he ever will.. it’s worth a shot to pick him up and see how this plays out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bballshinobi said:

Frye and Nwaba both make a lot of sense actually. You make the vets happy by appearing to compete, but then still lose the game.

Nance has no mid-range jumpers, not to say threes. I don't blame the coach for not playing him with Thompson.

14 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

Tanking team, new coach, decker hurt. If he doesn’t get run now....I don’t think he ever will.. it’s worth a shot to pick him up and see how this plays out 

true. it's now or never. him and frye are the only guys who can get minutes after dicker get hurt. im not sure about nwaba (even though i like him more)

It's so hard to gauge whether teams are tanking or not.

Some here have been critical of Nance's style of play, hence his lack of playing time.

Others, however, say the coaching staff prefers mediocre veterans to Nance because the team is trying to tank!

Which is it lol

38 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

It's so hard to gauge whether teams are tanking or not.

Some here have been critical of Nance's style of play, hence his lack of playing time.

Others, however, say the coaching staff prefers mediocre veterans to Nance because the team is trying to tank!

Which is it lol

Tank? Do they even own a pick? They have a pick that is Hawks (top 10) protected.