DLove

Larry Nance Jr. 2018 Outlook

8 hours ago, drgr20 said:

If you are punting blocks and Conley is available in your league (95% owned on ESPN), then yes you should go pick Conley up. If you are punting assists or 3s and Nance is available in your league (21% owned on ESPN), then you should go pick Nance up - you should also go pick Conley up if he is available. Now, this is a crazy idea I know, but I think one of the keys to fantasy basketball is picking up guys who have a chance to outperform their draft position and are readily available. Sleepers if you will (did I coin that term?). Happy to explain that further if needed Nostradamus. 

I think people over analyze and spend way too much time planning out all of this punt this punt that. If you need a big man you probably want boards and possibly blocks and a good fg%. You should not be worrying about assists when picking up Larry nance. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, molski said:

I think people over analyze and spend way too much time planning out all of this punt this punt that. If you need a big man you probably want boards and possibly blocks and a good fg%. You should not be worrying about assists when picking up Larry nance. 

These forums are so ridiculous with punt builds. Just because an end of your draft center doesn't hit 3's doesn't mean he's only good in punt 3's builds. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Because they're going no where and loyalty is a myth.

whats loyalty got to do with anything haha

gonna be 34/35 next time hes a FA who cares if hes loyal then

1 hour ago, mihs said:

These forums are so ridiculous with punt builds. Just because an end of your draft center doesn't hit 3's doesn't mean he's only good in punt 3's builds. 

Exactly. And one injury or one guy that doesn’t pan out and your whole strategy has to be changed. 

Draft great players try to have a well balanced team and take it from there as the season progresses. Guarantee you’ll be more competitive then all this hokey pokey analyzing punt builds crap. 

Edited by molski
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

whats loyalty got to do with anything haha

gonna be 34/35 next time hes a FA who cares if hes loyal then

I'm not talking about him. By the deadline he'll have those stats padded so high on this s--- team that his trade value will peak again. The Cavs are rebuilding. Let's do the math here.

3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I'm not talking about him. By the deadline he'll have those stats padded so high on this s--- team that his trade value will peak again. The Cavs are rebuilding. Let's do the math here.

oh you meant loyalty from the cavs, yea i mean they just paid him so they dont owe him any "loyalty" and hed probably welcome a trade haha but im not so sure the cavs are ready to go full rebuild and become a dumpster fire they were before lebron, especially right after he leaves, thatd be really tough for the fans to stomach so i wouldnt be holding my breath for a trade if i was a nance owner, theyd get what some picks and then their best player is sexton? yikes 

Nance should dramatically exceed his comically low ADP. It’s still early, but he’s going 109th overall as of this writing. Last season, he finished inside the top-90 despite averaging only 21.5 minutes per game and changing teams mid-season. From February 8th on — the date he was traded to the Cavaliers — he was a top-80 player despite his minutes decreasing to 20.8 per game. Over the course of the season, Nance was a top-15 player per-36 minutes among players who logged at least 20 games and at least 15 minutes per game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy-basketball-sleepers-will-nba-seasons-diamond-rough-171028654.html

4 minutes ago, molski said:

And Nerlens Noel with Dallas is sleeper #2 according to that article hahhahahahahaha

The boy gonna be asleep on the bench

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

4 yr/$45 million extension. Seems a bit pricey. Any thoughts?

Probably means they see him as a crucial part of their future - which could only mean good things for his fantasy prospects.

15 minutes ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

4 yr/$45 million extension. Seems a bit pricey. Any thoughts?

I don't think it's bad. Nance is still young and has shown flashes of being good. He's still cheaper than TT and his contract looks like it actually decreases pay annually, unloading 12 mil in 2019-20 which works out well since that's when a lot of their heavy contracts also expire (TT, JR, and Hill) while the cap space goes up. 

I'm getting Nance in a trade... I need a big... 
Wesley Matthews for Larry JR. 

33 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I'm getting Nance in a trade... I need a big... 
Wesley Matthews for Larry JR. 

Congrats, Wes Matthews is a FA in my league.... and I would never drop larry. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Quazza said:

Soooo wtf happened? Didn't play but nothing about Injury on ESPN?

he has an ankle sprain that he sustained last week at practice i believe

8 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

he has an ankle sprain that he sustained last week at practice i believe

Ahhh. 

Weird he's not a least DTD on ESPN then 

Anyone know if he's playing today ? 

ESPNs silence on him is weird 

playing today.

rotoworld: he's on the radar as a speculative add in deep leagues. LOL hes must own ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah that post was not very good he is going to get minutes look at the contract he just got

21 minutes ago, cdrichar said:

He's gonna be pretty good I think. Is his FT that bad though?

career 68.9% shooter