DLove

Larry Nance Jr. 2018 Outlook

Nance is playing awesome. There's no way to keep him off the court now as long as he maintains close to this level. This is what they paid him $45M to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Ehh. This was during Tuesdays game. Wednesday he still started and had another beastly night 

Yeah and following this, apparently Drew took Nance aside and said he's proud of the strides he's been making. So maybe Nance is finally out of Drew's doghouse for good and can keep playing as one of the franchise big men instead of backup to Tristan f*****g Thompson?

What do we do here boys? Are we riding this to the end or sell before Love/TT come back??
Any consensus?? I really think he has shown enough to the coaching staff/management that he is a legit starter. 

But his head coach is Larry Drew so.......................................................

Edited by heero78

53 minutes ago, heero78 said:

What do we do here boys? Are we riding this to the end or sell before Love/TT come back??
Any consensus?? I really think he has shown enough to the coaching staff/management that he is a legit starter. 

But his head coach is Larry Drew so.......................................................

I'm trying to sell for top-50 value in return A S A P

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you can get a fair offer I would definitely sell. Drew still hates him, so he should be at the back of the lineup once Love and TT are back.

Edited by yeet

Im still holding on him.. just cherish this wild ride until TT and Love comes back. Who knows Drew might still consider him as a starter🤞🤞🤞

definitely trying to sell high on him, currently targeting DeAndre Jordan since I need rebounding, sent some other ridiculous offers which have low odds of happening lol but either way I hope Lance keeps this up, being a Laker fan and a fan of his, he deserves the mins, hes finally getting the mins and shots to show what he can do.

• Like 1

Well I sold high (if you can call it that) for Al Horford who just came back, don't know if I made the right move tbh.

But do yall honestly think Nance can keep this up with a healthy Love and TT come fantasy playoff time? Hopefully it'll be a situation like when the Lakers had Pau, Bynum and LO, just play all 3 starter mins with Nance playing the LO role.

4 hours ago, Kobe824 said:

Well I sold high (if you can call it that) for Al Horford who just came back, don't know if I made the right move tbh.

But do yall honestly think Nance can keep this up with a healthy Love and TT come fantasy playoff time? Hopefully it'll be a situation like when the Lakers had Pau, Bynum and LO, just play all 3 starter mins with Nance playing the LO role.

Honestly love shouldn't really affect him too much. It'll take away some scoring and a couple of boards but you're not drafting Nance for scoring anyway - you're getting him for the high efficiency and across the board production. His assists might go up with love back too. 

TT is the one who worries me. Nance is way better than him in every metric and should be getting the majority of C minutes. But Larry Drew is weird, so who knows. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 6:12 AM, Spyplane said:

Nance is playing awesome. There's no way to keep him off the court now as long as he maintains close to this level. This is what they paid him $45M to do.

You would think....right?

5 hours ago, Kobe824 said:

I'm just curious about how can you sold Nance for Horford:blink:

7 hours ago, Kobe824 said:

Yeah that’s a very good sell high. Nance has only produced these numbers since TT and Love is out. Horford produces in general.

2 hours ago, kane said:

Horford probably one of the most injury prone bigs in the game, Boston is stacked with talent so Horford going to be on and off with some good games/dnp's/duds. He does give you a little of everything but Nance pretty much has the whole team to himself even when Love/TT returns they are a rebuilding team so future looks more brighter. It's not a complete lopsided trade but definitely a good sell high. I'd stick with Nance though I like his situation better especially with his extension. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

Horford probably one of the most injury prone bigs in the game

So are we just claiming things on these forums now with 0 basis? The only early round PF/C who has missed fewer games in the last 4 seasons (or most available if fewer than 4 i.e. Embiid only really has 2) per season than Horford is KAT. Even Nance has missed on average 18 games per season in his last 3 seasons vs. Horford who missed 7.5 games per season in his last 4 seasons.

5 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

but Nance pretty much has the whole team to himself even when Love/TT returns they are a rebuilding team so future looks more brighter. 

This was the sentiment before the season started, but both Drew and Lue showed that's not really the case. Took long term injuries to TT and Love before Nance even got a whiff of consistent minutes. Definitely not a sure thing.

Edited by mihs
I realize 4 seasons is a weird cutoff, but that's the default displayed on BBM and didn't want to dive deeper.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mihs said:

So are we just claiming things on these forums now with 0 basis? The only early round PF/C who has missed fewer games in the last 4 seasons (or most available if fewer than 4 i.e. Embiid only really has 2) per season than Horford is KAT. Even Nance has missed on average 18 games per season in his last 3 seasons vs. Horford who missed 7.5 games per season in his last 4 seasons.

This was the sentiment before the season started, but both Drew and Lue showed that's not really the case. Took long term injuries to TT and Love before Nance even got a whiff of consistent minutes. Definitely not a sure thing.

From where you drafted Horford and where I got Larry for free, Larry doing pretty good. And I said that was a good sell high, but I'm rolling with the young fella. No need to get all serious now with your google search stats I like Larry's future better than Horford that's just my opinion. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

From where you drafted Horford and where I got Larry for free, Larry doing pretty good. And I said that was a good sell high, but I'm rolling with the young fella. No need to get all serious now with your google search stats I like Larry's future better than Horford that's just my opinion. 

I never said Larrys not doing well. Just if you’re going to spew bs, you deserve to get called out on it.

And btw, BBM takes only a few seconds to just click around the few bigs who are top 50.

I'm trying to shop him for any big who ranks inside top 50. Thanks to rotoworld's player notes that just justifies his 'potential' top 50 value. Good timing here to sell high. 

43 minutes ago, mihs said:

I never said Larrys not doing well. Just if you’re going to spew bs, you deserve to get called out on it.

And btw, BBM takes only a few seconds to just click around the few bigs who are top 50.

bs that he gets hurt? let's see:

07-08 - 81 (rookie year)

08-09 - 67

09-10 - 81

10-11 - 77

11-12 - 11

12-13 - 74

13-14 - 29

14-15 - 76

15-16 - 82 (first full season btw)

16-17 - 68

17-18 - 72

18-19 -  already missed 9 games out of 32  and ain't getting younger...nobody said Nance hasn't missed games but he has youth on his side, to say Horford doesn't get hurt and thats BS c'mon bruh, happy holidays btw don't take things to serious "you deserve to get called out" lol 

1 hour ago, megaplayboy said:

bs that he gets hurt? let's see:

07-08 - 81 (rookie year)

08-09 - 67

09-10 - 81

10-11 - 77

11-12 - 11

12-13 - 74

13-14 - 29

14-15 - 76

15-16 - 82 (first full season btw)

16-17 - 68

17-18 - 72

18-19 -  already missed 9 games out of 32  and ain't getting younger...nobody said Nance hasn't missed games but he has youth on his side, to say Horford doesn't get hurt and thats BS c'mon bruh, happy holidays btw don't take things to serious "you deserve to get called out" lol 

I never said he didn't get injured? I was referring to you saying he's one of the "most injury prone bigs". I feel like 2 seasons of long term injuries out of 11 doesn't qualify him as such. So I looked at other bigs in the league and compared. 

haha didn't mean to cause an argument :wacko: its arguable that Nance could be solid throughout the year while Horford was out for 6+ games before Sunday...you never know with injuries, hes a much older player now plus Horford had a so-so production 2nd half of the season so its still a tossup. if TT wasn't playing well i wouldn't have sold Nance at all, my heart is saying he'll keep up at least mid round production but my brain told me to sell him high while you can...

15 hours ago, kane said:

the trade went through before the news came out that Horford was coming back on Sunday, maybe he was fed up and took a chance on Nance lol

13 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Yeah that’s a very good sell high. Nance has only produced these numbers since TT and Love is out. Horford produces in general.

yeah I hope so, hoping Horford wont get injured again 

On 12/24/2018 at 8:23 PM, mihs said:

I never said he didn't get injured? I was referring to you saying he's one of the "most injury prone bigs". I feel like 2 seasons of long term injuries out of 11 doesn't qualify him as such. So I looked at other bigs in the league and compared. 

Two seasons ago Horford was out for a month with a concussion and then last season he was out for about a week for the same thing and people started to get frustrated with him. He sat out some random games here and there throughout the season due to nicks and bruises as well so that may be where this thought of him being injury prone comes from.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

Two seasons ago Horford was out for a month with a concussion and then last season he was out for about a week for the same thing and people started to get frustrated with him. He sat out some random games here and there throughout the season due to nicks and bruises as well so that may be where this thought of him being injury prone comes from.

Yea Horford wouldn't be very useful to have in my leagues, where it's weekly lineups.