DLove

Larry Nance Jr. 2018 Outlook

4 hours ago, buboytorre said:

I actully just dropped Nance just to get Sato right now... i know Nance is really playing crazy well right now and I really like him but I am worried on the TT/Love return plus Sato fits my punt-assist team... hope i did not make a mistake.... 

Lmaoo !! just outright dropped him . Well yeah that’s a HUGE mistake. Atleast trade him or something. Who really knows how this thing will shake up. Maybe Nance still sees the majority of the C minutes when TT is back , maybe not. Maybe Love gets shutdown , or even traded. Or it’s a 3 way timeshare at C/PF , and even then Nance can produce if he gets anywhere from 20-25 minutes of playing time. Theres a plethora of other scenarios where Larry stays fantasy relevant. For instance another injury to the front court. Just saying. At the very least you need to either trade Nance Jr. for anything decent right now. Or just hold tight and see where the chips may fall. Dudes been killing it so far, not like hes putting up pedestrian numbers...like any other joe shmo off the waiver wire. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, buboytorre said:

I actully just dropped Nance just to get Sato right now... i know Nance is really playing crazy well right now and I really like him but I am worried on the TT/Love return plus Sato fits my punt-assist team... hope i did not make a mistake.... 

4b8.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Lmaoo !! just outright dropped him . Well yeah that’s a HUGE mistake. Atleast trade him or something. Who really knows how this thing will shake up. Maybe Nance still sees the majority of the C minutes when TT is back , maybe not. Maybe Love gets shutdown , or even traded. Or it’s a 3 way timeshare at C/PF , and even then Nance can produce if he gets anywhere from 20-25 minutes of playing time. Theres a plethora of other scenarios where Larry stays fantasy relevant. For instance another injury to the front court. Just saying. At the very least you need to either trade Nance Jr. for anything decent right now. Or just hold tight and see where the chips may fall. Dudes been killing it so far, not like hes putting up pedestrian numbers...like any other joe shmo off the waiver wire. 

Yup I know.. its a 10-Team H2H League and its quite competitive and active so I may not be able to get Sato if i waited that long for me to trade Nance. I've been trying to trade him weeks ago for a 6-8th round value but no one's biting because they are also afraid of the TT-Love-Nance timeshare scenario.. ..

BTW, i am PF/C heavy and i only have 2 PG (Jamal Murray + Rose) so this also affected my drop decision.. my other possible drop were Rose, Barton and G.Harris..

Edited by buboytorre
  • Confused 1

Traded Favors for LNJ early in the season. Just traded him and Bjelica for Mirotic. LNJ lines are making me nervous now only because I have no clue what’s going on with Mirotic.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, buboytorre said:

Sato is a solid pickup for anybody but it felt like my lineup took a quantum leap when I added Nance off waivers after a disgruntled owner dropped him in early November. I am only trading him for a top-50 value w/ stocks production, and even then I am completely content to hold him if his minutes drop when TT and Love come back. With the way he's produced, the absolute worst coach in the world would be hard-pressed not to give this guy 20 minutes a game.

12 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

Sato is a solid pickup for anybody but it felt like my lineup took a quantum leap when I added Nance off waivers after a disgruntled owner dropped him in early November. I am only trading him for a top-50 value w/ stocks production, and even then I am completely content to hold him if his minutes drop when TT and Love come back. With the way he's produced, the absolute worst coach in the world would be hard-pressed not to give this guy 20 minutes a game.

Which is exactly what happened the last time those 2 were healthy 😅😅😅 considering we saw glimpses of this last season as well 😅😅😅

18 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

Which is exactly what happened the last time those 2 were healthy 😅😅😅 considering we saw glimpses of this last season as well 😅😅😅

Nance has never produced at this level, and it sort of makes sense that he didn't begin the season with heavy minutes as he was acquired via trade at ASB last season, the whole team had a makeover, and everyone has gotten a chance to show what they've got by now. Honestly their best lineup might be putting Nance at the 3 with Love and TT plus Sexton/Clarkson/Hood

20 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

Nance has never produced at this level, and it sort of makes sense that he didn't begin the season with heavy minutes as he was acquired via trade at ASB last season, the whole team had a makeover, and everyone has gotten a chance to show what they've got by now. Honestly their best lineup might be putting Nance at the 3 with Love and TT plus Sexton/Clarkson/Hood

If he ends up on the 3 and keeps 30 minutes I have no doubt he’ll produce at this level but then again it’s Cleveland so I’m not holding my breath... plus since we mostly got him from the WW so I say ride til it falls off if it does end up falling off

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squid-jesus said:

2 hours ago, Rproflmao said:

If he ends up on the 3 and keeps 30 minutes I have no doubt he’ll produce at this level but then again it’s Cleveland so I’m not holding my breath... plus since we mostly got him from the WW so I say ride til it falls off if it does end up falling off

Not a chance in hell they play all three bigs at the same time. Don’t get me wrong I would love for Larry to play the 3, he would literally dominate anyone thrown at him. But that line up would be hella slow, and almost non existent shooting outside of Love. If TT didn’t have such a high salary $,   I’m sure the Cavs would have tried to trade him. Hes really only elite at rebounding, outside of that Nance is a better player overall. 

Edited by RunCMC

I also shipped him in a package. I think he's proved enough to not get dicked around like before but I don't it wont be THIS good with TT and Love back on a volume level.

6 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I also shipped him in a package. I think he's proved enough to not get dicked around like before but I don't it wont be THIS good with TT and Love back on a volume level.

It is so hard for me to see Love being in the Cavs plans. Same with Tristan. With one more year on TT's deal he is someone that should be dealt to a contender. As much as they say they don't want to trade Love, they are probably trading Love. He won't want to be there while they rebuild and they won't want him clogging up minutes from a guy like Nance that they need to develop. It is definitely going to be bumpy for Nance rest of season, but dynasty leagues I think he is looking pretty bright for the remainder of the contract he signed. He has demonstrated his upside, but he is still going to get screwed with minutes this year because it is the Cavs. 

The only thing I can see is the Cavs getting lucky and drafting an elite wing in this draft and short cutting a rebuild and thinking they can compete for the 8 seed with Sexton, Love and Nance. Then they keep TT and Love and Nance gets screwed for another year. Sounds like something the Cavs would do. 

3 hours ago, Rproflmao said:

This is how I'm thinking. I got him off the wire so I can just ride until the wheels fall off. If he ends up keeping his minutes then it's just cherry on top. 

5 minutes ago, CanucksForever said:

Would you trade player like Cauley Stein? Someone in my league offered that to me...I am torn in terms of what I should do :(

I traded Ingles for him. 

A lot of differing opinions on what is going to happen here.. i am very torn - i have an offer on the table of LNJ + Knox for Winslow + Jarrett Allen, which i am very tempted to take.. but the upside of LNJ is huge and with 96 minutes to go around the PF/C roles between him, KLove and TT - is 26-30 mins really out of the question? 

11 minutes ago, markus85 said:

A lot of differing opinions on what is going to happen here.. i am very torn - i have an offer on the table of LNJ + Knox for Winslow + Jarrett Allen, which i am very tempted to take.. but the upside of LNJ is huge and with 96 minutes to go around the PF/C roles between him, KLove and TT - is 26-30 mins really out of the question? 

I got offered Kemba and Mirotic (ugh yet to play) for DLo + AGordon + Nance if that helps, I went ahead and took that and am hoping that the Mirotic thing is not more than it seemed, although it's been disappointing to date (Kemba on the other hand has been SCHWEEEEEET)

I wouldn't fault anyone who wanted to ride or die with LNJ, he was hella fun to have on my roster the last few weeks

This thread is hilarious.

Here you have a player playing exceptionally well---and people can't wait to get rid of him.

Oh, well that's because Love and Tristian Thompson are coming back soon, of course. But that's public knowledge!

smh

8 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I got offered Kemba and Mirotic (ugh yet to play) for DLo + AGordon + Nance if that helps, I went ahead and took that and am hoping that the Mirotic thing is not more than it seemed, although it's been disappointing to date (Kemba on the other hand has been SCHWEEEEEET)

I wouldn't fault anyone who wanted to ride or die with LNJ, he was hella fun to have on my roster the last few weeks

Funny you mention Mirotic - i traded him for Collins.. 

The thing with LNJ’s value is, it’s possibly at its peak right now - so the trades you can get today, will be better than ones you receive later this week as TT could very well tank his value starting this wednesday. If i remember correctly Drew is on record as saying the starting C position would be matchup based - and this week the Cavs verse Whiteside, Gobert and Anthony Davis.. so if TT is fit, i imagine he starts against the bigger C’s. 

1 hour ago, markus85 said:

The thing with LNJ’s value is, it’s possibly at its peak right now - so the trades you can get today, will be better than ones you receive later this week as TT could very well tank his value starting this wednesday. If i remember correctly Drew is on record as saying the starting C position would be matchup based - and this week the Cavs verse Whiteside, Gobert and Anthony Davis.. so if TT is fit, i imagine he starts against the bigger C’s. 

I agree with this... Drew has never given Nance consistent minutes when the frontcourt is healthy and I don't see him changing much once TT and Love are back. The only positive situation is if there is an injury or trade, but right now Nance's value is definitely at its peak.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thepeachfuzz said:

I agree with this... Drew has never given Nance consistent minutes when the frontcourt is healthy and I don't see him changing much once TT and Love are back. The only positive situation is if there is an injury or trade, but right now Nance's value is definitely at its peak.

Is Drew really that bad? Cavs are way better with Nance on the floor playing heavy minutes. I think the past couple weeks have demonstrated that.

Nance will lose minutes for sure but the question is how many minutes will he lose?
If he can maintain 25 mins a game when both Love and TT come back, I think thats still rosterable in 12 team.

I also have a trade offer on hand (For Tatum) and I am torn. Drew is so freaking hard to predict.

If he wises up and plays Nance over 25 mins, then Nance is a must roster top 50-60 player for sure.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, heero78 said:

Is Drew really that bad? Cavs are way better with Nance on the floor playing heavy minutes. I think the past couple weeks have demonstrated that.

Nance will lose minutes for sure but the question is how many minutes will he lose?
If he can maintain 25 mins a game when both Love and TT come back, I think thats still rosterable in 12 team.

I also have a trade offer on hand (For Tatum) and I am torn. Drew is so freaking hard to predict.

If he wises up and plays Nance over 25 mins, then Nance is a must roster top 50-60 player for sure.

For owners earlier in the season, Drew was just hard headed and would not start Nance under any circumstances. Ffs he would start Frye over the kid, it wasn't until everyone was literally injured did he start Nance and that's when he went off. I'm still guessing he'll get his 30 mins but with less touches and opportunities, really hoping I'm wrong though. I'd take that Tatum trade and run if I was you.

Edited by Kobe824
  • Thanks 1