DLove

Larry Nance Jr. 2018 Outlook

Posted (edited)

sigh.. the first game this guy plays for me after I traded for him and then he gets injured. of course! :angry:

Anyways, what's important is that we hope it's nothing serious. Get better Larry :(

Edited by sharkpotato

16 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

sigh.. the first game this guy plays for me after I traded for him and then he gets injured. of course! :angry:

Anyways, what's important is that we hope it's nothing serious. Get better Larry :(

Same here.. 

If he's out for more than 2 weeks he's a drop IMO (unless you have an open IR spot), especially with Love back around ASB.

Didn’t have time to wait, but hopefully he is okay. WCJ just cleared waivers in my league so I scooped him up for Nance. Will keep an eye on him!

Hopefully his injury isn’t serious.

For team with no IR. Is it worth holding? It feels like this production is too hard to find from wire, but Love's returning and tanking Cavs are making me nervous...

36 minutes ago, cucubing said:

For team with no IR. Is it worth holding? It feels like this production is too hard to find from wire, but Love's returning and tanking Cavs are making me nervous...

My IR is taken (by Boogie) and i'm leaning towards dropping.

Production is already down with TT back, by the time Nance comes back we'll be only a few weeks from Love returning too, so this ride may be over.

• Thanks 1

Just downgraded from 2 weeks to 2-4 weeks. Assuming he comes back at the end of that window, that is right around K Love's predicted return date.

Drop city.

Dropped for Derrick Jones Jr. in a league with no IR, 14 teams. He’ll more or less provide similar value but with threes hopefully. What nudged me is that TT is back and KLove will as well by the time Nance gets healthy. Not good. 

Dropped as well, his value was already dipping with TT and will only be worst later, already have LeVert in my IR.

I actually anticipate Nance to have strong value down the stretch.  If Cleveland is tanking I’d expect less PT for TT/Love (not to mention possible trades) and more for Nance since he’s part of their future.

• Like 1

Kris Dunn and Bobby Portis had sprained mcl’s and were out close to 6 weeks

5 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Premature to drop in 12 teamers IMO.  It's highly likely k. love is dealt. 

It's highly unlikely Love is/can be dealt this year. If anything they'll look to move him in the offseason

so we reached the 2 week mark , any words on this guy? AD wants his place in the IR and I don't wonna drop Nance but might be forced to

9 minutes ago, manolo_ said:

so we reached the 2 week mark , any words on this guy? AD wants his place in the IR and I don't wonna drop Nance but might be forced to

From what I gathered it was a 2 to 4 week issue, with most likely closer to the 4 week.  I was just figuring out until all star break. 

Apparently making his return tomorrow

Because of a sprained MCL, Larry Nance Jr. has been forced to watch helplessly as the Cleveland Cavaliers have dropped seven of the eight games without him.

During that time, he has taken mental notes. And when he returns to the lineup, which he told cleveland.com is supposed to happen Friday night, he's bringing a stronger voice.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2019/01/larry_nance_jr_vows_to_be_more.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So if he indeed returns tomorrow is he back to must add territory?? 

9 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Probably on a minutes restriction at first, but I could see them using TT’s “foot soreness” as a reason to hold him out for a while. I’d add Nance now because if you wait til after his first good game , it will be too late.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I'd say so. TT is injured yet again. Nance and Zizic could be an intriguing frontcourt.

But Larry Drew is almost as bad as Fizdale at utilizing young talent so who the f knows lol. He'll probably start f*****g Channing Frye over him again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1