JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

14 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Im willing to bet you anthony davis wont score in the single digits... the rest of the season. And the second game he got injured.... he was on “track” to put up his averages. You want to say he might get shut down thats a worthy argument. BUT if hes playing hes not going to get injured every game he plays in... and if hes playing he won’t be putting up 3 points a night. Hes going to be putting up somewhere between 15-18 ppg and 7-9 rpg in that limited time span

I will take that bet. No game under 10 ppg that he plays in is the bet? Does this include a game he gets injured in? Even if not, I will take the bet. Name your price. 

I wouldn’t make a bet like that due to variance in any particular sample size.  But I’d put the over/under of his averages at 18/9 plus elite stocks and  50/80 under 2 TO for efficiency. 

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

You could be right, we don't know, but I'm inclined to believe he can maintain first round production even with capped minutes.  I traded for him in one keeper league and I am not even going there bc I believe if you can obtain the #1 fantasy player in a keeper league it's worth almost any price.

I agree 100% for keepers league.  For redraft, I think the key is to trade for AD + other player(s), it helps mitigate the risk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I agree 100% for keepers league.  For redraft, I think the key is to trade for AD + other player(s), it helps mitigate the risk

I agree. The best deal if you’re trading for AD would be to say look 👀 AD is a lot of risk so I need your second best player too plus a throw-in.  Then offer your 2,3,4 round players preferably if they’re also risky.  That way you’re exchanging risk and picking up AD in the process. There was a time when the AD owners were panicked enough that’s you could have done that but the time is gone.  Also, the trade deadline is over in many of my leagues. 

The real problem wont be the low minutes but the random fake injuries 

1 minute ago, Chrizz said:

The real problem wont be the low minutes but the random fake injuries 

That was always the problem...so nothing has changed.

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

That was always the problem...so nothing has changed.

If AD wants to play youre probably right but If he doest, i think these injuries occure even more often...

AD doesn't need to fake injuries. He gets injured and goes to the locker room every 4-5 games anyways

4 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

AD doesn't need to fake injuries. He gets injured and goes to the locker room every 4-5 games anyways

and now the team will hope he does this every other game vs. they used to want him in every game. 

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

I think it is relevant, because that covers the time after trade request. We all know that AD was #1 player before trade request. That is in the past.

In the present, AD asked to be traded and circumstances changed.  Over the last 4 games, he is not even top-40 player.   Entire league went through All-Star break, so that should not affect AD production.  For the record, five games is the most any player played over the last two weeks.

I am curious to know if people who traded for AD after his trade request are happy with the returns so far?

I traded Darren Collison for AD straight up today...I know AD is a major risk ROS but I'm fighting for the playoffs and with two clear cut juggernauts in my league, I felt like I could roll the dice without much risk personally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

I traded Darren Collison for AD straight up today...I know AD is a major risk ROS but I'm fighting for the playoffs and with two clear cut juggernauts in my league, I felt like I could roll the dice without much risk personally.

That's insane. Someone gave up AD for Collison even after the announcement that he'll be playing for the rest of the year?

9 minutes ago, akund said:

That's insane. Someone gave up AD for Collison even after the announcement that he'll be playing for the rest of the year?

You take "pelicans will reduce his minutes rest of season" to mean "he will be playing rest of season on a reduced role". you see how those are not the same right? Their latest update means nothing in terms of how much he will play. If anything, its a more negative update than positive. It means this, they may only play him 20 mpg, they may sit him every back to back, and if he gets ANY injury (which he picks up pretty often), he will sit out extended periods.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, richg24 said:

You take "pelicans will reduce his minutes rest of season" to mean "he will be playing rest of season on a reduced role". you see how those are not the same right? Their latest update means nothing in terms of how much he will play. If anything, its a more negative update than positive. It means this, they may only play him 20 mpg, they may sit him every back to back, and if he gets ANY injury (which he picks up pretty often), he will sit out extended periods.

What are you talking about? That wasn't the initial report. Danny Ferry said that Anthony Davis will play the rest of the season, then said it will be on reduced minutes.

https://twitter.com/FantasyLabsNBA/status/1098739703648444416

https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status/1098739205595910144

Edited by akund
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, akund said:

What are you talking about? That wasn't the initial report. Danny Ferry said that Anthony Davis will play the rest of the season, then said it will be on reduced minutes.

https://twitter.com/FantasyLabsNBA/status/1098739703648444416

https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status/1098739205595910144

you are naive bro. let's see how long the pels honour this. i'll give it one week.

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

you are naive bro. let's see how long the pels honour this. i'll give it one week.

I wouldn't call it naive.  There's nothing to say that it shouldn't be taken at face value.  Sure, if certain reports (like Ferry trying to get the league to let them sit Davis) are true, then obviously the team wants to shut him down.  That doesn't mean the NBA will ever let them, or that the team will actually ever give the league the finger and actually shut him down.  Nobody on any sides have given any indication that there's an almost definite chance that will happen.

Actually believing that there's a legit chance that Davis plays the rest of the season is no worse than you firmly believing he won't and will somehow get shutdown any day now.  At least there's something legitimately out there to back that up, and there was no reason to call the person naive.  Not saying that's an extreme insult or something, but until you have something to back it up, you're literally just speculating.

• Like 1

IDGAF if AD plays 3 minutes a game for the rest of the season, I rather have him on my bench than Darren ******** Collison lol, are you kidding me? Now imagine if AD puts up like 60% of his previous value? I'd probably quit fantasy sports for good.

Read between the lines. Both sides know they handled things poorly. They're both gonna try to keep the peace so they can build up some fan goodwill.

1 minute ago, claptondecheeks said:

Read between the lines. Both sides know they handled things poorly. They're both gonna try to keep the peace so they can build up some fan goodwill.

Things were handled terrible. However  rebuilding fan goodwill is not that easy.   NO fans wants AD to sit, AD fans wants him to play.  What a mess.

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Things were handled terrible. However  rebuilding fan goodwill is not that easy.   NO fans wants AD to sit, AD fans wants him to play.  What a mess.

Do they?

I'd wadger that the vast majority of fans are casual fans and they don't care about draft positioning nor do they hold grudges for certain players. I think most fans just feel like AD is a big baby and that NO management is dumb. There may be boos at first, but they'll all be on their feet clapping when AD takes a game over.

boy doing work in first quarter

SELLL HIGH!

(jk, i hope AD does well ros)

54 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Do they?

I'd wadger that the vast majority of fans are casual fans and they don't care about draft positioning nor do they hold grudges for certain players. I think most fans just feel like AD is a big baby and that NO management is dumb. There may be boos at first, but they'll all be on their feet clapping when AD takes a game over.

that is not the impression I got looking at local NO papers and article comments. But what do I know...

6 hours ago, richg24 said:

I will take that bet. No game under 10 ppg that he plays in is the bet? Does this include a game he gets injured in? Even if not, I will take the bet. Name your price. 

Excluding injuries. Thats an uncontrollable event. The game he scored 3 points he played like 30 minutes lol