JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

This is so dumb, playing him 20 min a game and Jrue 25 min a game is still blatant tanking in my view. There needs to be a reward for organisations not finishing in the bottom four or something. It's bad for the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I got off this train a while back with great return. I applaud those of you who continue to remain on. The heart palpitations weren't worth it. Sometimes we gotta think of our own health lol. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Def needs some rest after that grueling 20 mins he played last night...

Anthony Davis (rest) has been ruled out of Saturday's game vs. the Lakers.

Feb 23, 2019, 1:51 PM

He’s just helping his team win. Can’t blame him. 

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The Pelicans are inept. They botched this so bad.

What did they wrong in your opinion?  I think they did the best they could in this situation

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

What did they wrong in your opinion?  I think they did the best they could in this situation

They should have at least engaged in talks with the Lakers. I mean there is no way they are going to get anything even remotely close to what the Lakers offered. They could even ask for more and LAL might even give it to them. 

Then they know for sure their direction is rebuilding through young potential stars...Ingram, Cuz, Ball...or whomever the future first rounders that they were getting from LAL. They can even let the young guys go out and play at 100% and still tanking by losing those games anyway. And if I am a season ticket holder that would make me a lot more happy. To know that they play at 100%. 

Instead, they keeping Brow for a few more games and not playing him. Not playing Jrue. Getting on the league radar for being the team that went Mark Cuban on them. Upset the fan base with no directions for the future. 

I could go on and on. But will stop there for now because you probably know the rest of why they botched this situation.

Honestly, they should have anticipated this situation and should have been more prepared. 

Imho. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Honestly? They could have just traded him to the Lakers and washed their hands of the whole mess.

They also could have just ignored it and pretend like it didn't happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Lakers offered them a very good deal.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Honestly? They could have just traded him to the Lakers and washed their hands of the whole mess.

They also could have just ignored it and pretend like it didn't happen.

Basically take first and only offer for top 5 NBA player?    I think NO did the right thing for the franchise by waiting until summer.  If Lakers, their fans and AD fantasy owners are upset, so be it.  I wouldn't be surprised in next CBA to see changes about players requesting trade and consequences for it.

Edited by Gile Pile

32 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Basically take first and only offer for top 5 NBA player?    I think NO did the right thing for the franchise by waiting until summer.  If Lakers, their fans and AD fantasy owners are upset, so be it.  I wouldn't be surprised in next CBA to see changes about players requesting trade and consequences for it.

I doubt it changes. People love drama and superstars requesting trades causes drama and I’m sure the league knows that and want to keep expanding 

3 hours ago, diggernicks said:

better than anything they will get this off season.

You are just salty for fantasy reasons. Unless you know the future. A tanking team shouldn't be in a hurry of trading their best asset that still has 18 months left on his contract. They should at least see what other teams can offer.

14 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

You are just salty for fantasy reasons. Unless you know the future. A tanking team shouldn't be in a hurry of trading their best asset that still has 18 months left on his contract. They should at least see what other teams can offer.

Except an acquiring team could have had AD for two playoff runs as opposed to just one.

Idk, the Pels could find themselves this offseason with lower bids in hand. 1 year of AD is worth less than 1.5 years of AD.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Except an acquiring team could have had AD for two playoff runs as opposed to just one.

Idk, the Pels could find themselves this offseason with lower bids in hand. 1 year of AD is worth less than 1.5 years of AD.

I don't agree. The Lakers know they will be getting many years of AD. He has the same value for them in the summer as right now. And they cannot waste another LeBron year or risk another Paul George situation. They will go all in on him once again. And they have done a great job tanking the value of their young players.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Thanks 1

What the Pels should've done is get a new coach. I know they went to the playoffs last year, so it takes balls, but look at the Raptors. 

There is no reason they should be this bad. They had AD, Miro, Randle, Payton, Moore (bad this year but a star in last year's playoffs), and a decent bench.

5 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

What the Pels should've done is get a new coach. I know they went to the playoffs last year, so it takes balls, but look at the Raptors. 

There is no reason they should be this bad. They had AD, Miro, Randle, Payton, Moore (bad this year but a star in last year's playoffs), and a decent bench.

Im a Raptors fan but what are you talking about? They're on pace to win the exact same amount of games as last year (72% win% @ 59 games). Whether or not the Raptors improved or not will come down to the playoffs, and the fact we got Kawhi is obviously a huge difference. There was literally zero reason to fire Gentry given he swept the favourable seed.

The biggest loss for the Pelicans was Rajon Rondo, and they should've done anything they could to keep him. He's still one of the best floor generals in the NBA and worked extremely well with AD and Jrue. They tried to save money and sign the poor mans Rondo in Payton and thats just another example of how poorly managed this organization is. There is something to be said when you have Chris Paul, and AD in the last 15 years but fail to put together a championship contender around them. Just a poorly run organization and I don't see that changing unless ownership changes.

4 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Im a Raptors fan but what are you talking about? They're on pace to win the exact same amount of games as last year (72% win% @ 59 games). Whether or not the Raptors improved or not will come down to the playoffs, and the fact we got Kawhi is obviously a huge difference. There was literally zero reason to fire Gentry given he swept the favourable seed.

The biggest loss for the Pelicans was Rajon Rondo, and they should've done anything they could to keep him. He's still one of the best floor generals in the NBA and worked extremely well with AD and Jrue. They tried to save money and sign the poor mans Rondo in Payton and thats just another example of how poorly managed this organization is. There is something to be said when you have Chris Paul, and AD in the last 15 years but fail to put together a championship contender around them. Just a poorly run organization and I don't see that changing unless ownership changes.

I would say buddy hield as well, New Orleans is not a FA location, they need to change their philosophy and develop their young players.

I think using the small market excuse is an easy excuse to justify running teams poorly.  While New Orleans isn't an ideal location, I'd still probably live there over Utah or Milwaukee.  Actually, SLC might be the least desirable location in the NBA, and their ownership group is one of the poorest, yet they consistently put a good team onto the floor.  Since I've been alive they've missed the playoffs only a few times and almost had two titles (f--- Michael Jordan).  SA is also a small market and has the highest regular season win percentage in NBA history.  NYC/Brooklyn is the biggest market and they've been consistently a laughing stock for as long as I can remember.  Let's face it, the Pels front office blew it.  There is no justification.  Period.   

Edited by StifleTower2

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

I think using the small market excuse is an easy excuse to justify running teams poorly.  While New Orleans isn't an ideal location, I'd still probably live there over Utah or Milwaukee.  Actually, SLC might be the least desirable location in the NBA, and their ownership group is one of the poorest, yet they consistently put a good team onto the floor.  Since I've been alive they've missed the playoffs only a few times and almost had two titles (f--- Michael Jordan).  SA is also a small market and has the highest regular season win percentage in NBA history.  NYC/Brooklyn is the biggest market and they've been consistently a laughing stock for as long as I can remember.  Let's face it, the Pels front office blew it.  There is no justification.  Period.   

When you go to purchase a new house or a new car, do you just go with the first house you look at or the first car the sales person shows you? 

Personally id like to look around. Never know what else is out there unless you look. Why limit your options.

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1