JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

You are likely right on most of it (I didn't start watching until Davis was already out), but James is not a shutdown risk.  I have no idea why the Lakers are playing so bad right now (they aren't this bad), but LeBron will just literally do everything to try to get them in the playoffs, and it would be a shock if they ever fell far enough out to shut him down.  I don't see NO shutting Davis down either as they seem to have a pretty solid plan now (playing 20ish minutes and sitting one game of a back-to-back.  He would be the higher risk of a shutdown out of the two of course though.

Hard to argue about NO playing better when he's out though.  It's strange when having one of the best players in the league on the court being considered a negative, but they really do play harder when he's not playing.  The Lakers were awful in the last game, so in a way they lost it themselves, but New Orleans still beat them without Davis.

Luckily I missed the announcers criticizing the NBA for the Davis situation as I nearly shut the game off multiple times the last time the Pelicans were on ESPN.  It's fine stating your opinion once, but when you do it constantly during a game, then it is just too much.  Luckily it seems like Jeff is actually commenting on the game tonight.

I'm finally out of this annoying mess though.  Traded AD for Harrell.

man this is tough to watch...even at 20 mins a game hes probably a top 50 player so there's no point asking for an IL tag lol..

going to lose the ring this year because of this situation..

• Like 1

This is bordering on ridiculous.  He can get hurt in 20 minutes just like he can in 36 minutes.  Either sit him ROS or fkng play him.  Danny Ferry is such a POS, just like that entire franchise.  After AD they aint going to be s--- like they deserve.  Im glad saints got screwed from going to superbowl.

11 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

This is bordering on ridiculous.  He can get hurt in 20 minutes just like he can in 36 minutes.  Either sit him ROS or fkng play him.  Danny Ferry is such a POS, just like that entire franchise.  After AD they aint going to be s--- like they deserve.  Im glad saints got screwed from going to superbowl.

lol, they dont care about your fantasy team and are doing what is best for the organization. to say otherwise, youre just a bitter fantasy owner, lets be honest...

the league is making them play him otherwise he wouldnt be playing AT ALL.

7 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

lol, they dont care about your fantasy team and are doing what is best for the organization. to say otherwise, youre just a bitter fantasy owner, lets be honest...

the league is making them play him otherwise he wouldnt be playing AT ALL.

At what point did I say they cared about my fantasy team?  Thats you making that dumb a** assessment.  As a fan, its stupid to see him sit an entire 4th qtr.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

At what point did I say they cared about my fantasy team?  Thats you making that dumb a** assessment.  As a fan, its stupid to see him sit an entire 4th qtr.

its called inferring from your statements....if you dont understand why they are sitting him and only playing him 20 minutes instead of 36 like you said...well, then thats on you for being a bitter fantasy player...if you were truly a "fan" you would obviously understand they have NO incentive to play him and losing games actually helps the team. i know Pels fans who consider him good as gone already and dont care if he plays or not...

you just sound bitter. come back to reality...youre stuck in fantasy with your comments

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lacit1707 said:

its called inferring from your statements....if you dont understand why they are sitting him and only playing him 20 minutes instead of 36 like you said...well, then thats on you for being a bitter fantasy player...if you were truly a "fan" you would obviously understand they have NO incentive to play him and losing games actually helps the team. i know Pels fans who consider him good as gone already and dont care if he plays or not...

you just sound bitter. come back to reality...youre stuck in fantasy with your comments

Ok guy, since you know me so well.  Bravo, clap clap.

• Haha 1

How do we get him off the dnd list? With 2 games next week i need to drop him

7 hours ago, ShayAK said:

How do we get him off the dnd list? With 2 games next week i need to drop him

Im the league manager and the AD owner needed to drop for a playoff matchup.  on ESPN the option was under player acquisition settings “observe ESPN unstoppable list” and I just changed that to No. 

1 hour ago, NoHablaIngles said:

so is this guy playing today?

My season is on the line man!

Mine too bud..... I don't think he will though 

No complaints.  In every league in which I drafted AD I am either still in the playoffs in H2H or first in my rotoleagues.  

• Like 2

starting to believe i can still win my league even with him playing 20 mins.

seems the low usage has a knock on effect of him being even more efficient getting stats in those limited mins. and no more B2Bs

• Like 2

Really thought we were going to get through this week with no DNP's.

Gonna take a miracle to win now. Good luck fellow AD owners.

Freakin' ridiculous. You have to contemplate dropping him now. One game left this week and it's only Wednesday, he's just eating up bench space

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, atrium said:

Freakin' ridiculous. You have to contemplate dropping him now. One game left this week and it's only Wednesday, he's just eating up bench space

And it's not a great PO schedule as it is

38 minutes ago, atrium said:

I mean...if you drop him you are gonna lose anyway I would think. Better to keep and hope you make it through this week and just pray he plays all 3 games for 20 min/night next finals week. Who is available that could possibly get you what AD does in 20 min? I am sure no one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I mean...if you drop him you are gonna lose anyway I would think. Better to keep and hope you make it through this week and just pray he plays all 3 games for 20 min/night next finals week. Who is available that could possibly get you what AD does in 20 min? I am sure no one. 

Finals week is this week for me.

9 minutes ago, atrium said:

Then you have an easy decision depending on how thin your FA pool is.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, atrium said:

Then stream his spot 100% drop

• Like 1