JDL88

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2018-2019

2-4 weeks doesn’t that bad. I’m more worried about the Pelicans possibly falling behind the playoff race after that timeline.  Assuming worst case AD takes max 4 weeks to recover... do the Pels shut him down or does Rich Paul then tell them AD sits longer until he gets traded?

Edited by gill2k

The writing is on the wall , rich Paul is officially in the mix. 

fu<k rich paul. Fu<k kawhis uncle 

Edited by Simsanityy179
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

The writing is on the wall , rich Paul is officially in the mix. 

fu<k rich paul. Fu<k kawhis uncle 

Hes the guy you call when you want to do some grimey sh*t.  Shams always got some bs news also.

One ought to start Brow-sing for other options...Jah'sayin...:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Man, I know it is disappointing for fantasy. In real basketball, this is a huge blow to the Pelicans. It feels like AD is def leaving if they missed the playoff and it is inevitable with this AD injury. 

• Like 2

The silver lining for me is that AD will be out for a specified period of time.

He was playing every day. Now he is out.

It was the day-to-day stuff -- questionable w/ sore shoulder, doubtful w/ sore hamstring,  etc -- that was frustrating.

this is freaking lame.

the worst thing is that the ASB is 4 weeks away. There's no consolation that part of the recovery period will be when they're off anyways.

9 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The silver lining for me is that AD will be out for a specified period of time.

He was playing every day. Now he is out.

It was the day-to-day stuff -- questionable w/ sore shoulder, doubtful w/ sore hamstring,  etc -- that was frustrating.

Naw my dude this is way worse than the DTD thing. That was annoying, even gave me my team name, but this is requiring me to consider trading the guy having the 3rd best fantasy season OF ALL TIME so that I don't miss the playoffs.

Edited by RCRanger03

Pelicans need to get the memo. Ad dont wanna be here, you guys arent making the playoffs, arent getting another star to help ad and jrue. Its time to blow it up

21 minutes ago, jdotb said:

Pelicans need to get the memo. Ad dont wanna be here, you guys arent making the playoffs, arent getting another star to help ad and jrue. Its time to blow it up

They have the memo.  They aren’t going to blow it up until the summer when the Celtics are eligible to trade for him and the Pelicans can at least leverage off of their offer.  Makes no sense for them to trade him now.  No other teams can offer as much as Boston.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nospmoht04 said:

They have the memo.  They aren’t going to blow it up until the summer when the Celtics are eligible to trade for him and the Pelicans can at least leverage off of their offer.  Makes no sense for them to trade him now.  No other teams can offer as much as Boston.  

Id rather take the lakers offer unless the celtics are putting tatum in the package (which i dont they they will)

Do you guys think this guy will play again this season? 

24 minutes ago, jdotb said:

Id rather take the lakers offer unless the celtics are putting tatum in the package (which i dont they they will)

Celtics will set the market higher and they’ll wait for that regardless of personal opinions and what the Celtics may or may not offer.  

NO will just float Tatum rumors even if it’s not true to drive up other offers.  They’ll be waiting until the summer. 

"Davis suffered a volar plate avulsion fracture on his left index finger, and Paul says that Davis will be “re-evaluated every 48 to 72 hours,” following Friday. “It’s more of an injury of pain tolerance. They need to see the swelling go down and the range of motion increase.""

Davis is lowkey kind of a b**** with his pain tolerance... so who know show long this takes

Edited by calebcjy

Does anyone find this news weird. At one moment Woj said he could be back next week, and the next few tweets they said they'll be cautious and he did have a fracture

Strap that hoe up and get out there and make a case for MVP, DPOY and whatever else. Thank God it's not a long term injury. 

• Haha 1

I had an avulsion fracture on my finger in college. Finger will be painful and stiff for quite awhile, that's for sure. Basically a small piece of bone broke off when the ligament stretched. I didn't even know that's what I had because I kept playing on it and didn't see a doctor until 1 month after. This is definitely more of a pain tolerance level type of injury, but we all know how well AD is with pain tolerance lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Does anyone find this news weird. At one moment Woj said he could be back next week, and the next few tweets they said they'll be cautious and he did have a fracture

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture, because a small piece of bone did break off. Think of it like this mug:

Image result for tiny chipped mug

Is the mug broken? Uh sure, I guess it is, can you drink out of it? Yes of course. It's like calling a bruise "muscle tissue damage" or a cramp "muscle fatigue due to overuse". When you make it sound technical, it always sounds more serious. Truth be told, AD just had a sprained finger 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

It's not weird because he can actually play right now and it won't make the injury worse, but the finger is going to be very painful during the initial few days. The injury is technically a fracture, because a small piece of bone did break off. Think of it like this mug:

Image result for tiny chipped mug

Is the mug broken? Uh sure, I guess it is, can you drink out of it? Yes of course. It's like calling a bruise "muscle tissue damage" or a cramp "muscle fatigue due to overuse". When you make it sound technical, it always sounds more serious. Truth be told, AD just had a sprained finger 

Great info..... I guess my confusion was that when he originally got hurt, Woj said it may be this fracture (thus me assuming the worse). Then Woj said it was this fracture, but he could return next week (not 4 weeks when I assumed the fracture recovery timetable) 

Just now, squidthunder said:

Great info..... I guess my confusion was that when he originally got hurt, Woj said it may be this fracture (thus me assuming the worse). Then Woj said it was this fracture, but he could return next week (not 4 weeks when I assumed the fracture recovery timetable) 

What AD has is the best type of fracture - a piece of bone coming clean off. This the same type of finger injury Kobe had (Kobe had it in two places on his index finger I think). Since playing on it won't make it worse,  Lakers were ok with Kobe keep playing as long as he could tolerate the pain.

The worst type of fracture is when you have a hairline on the bone, like this: 

Image result for cracked line coffee mug

• Thanks 1